barry bonds

daveyt

is barry bonds a dick or what?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. is barry bonds a dick or what?

• yes
    • no
    • yes and no

I always liked Bonds, he comes out and says when he is thinking. He doesn't care if the cameras are on him or not. He is one bad whammer jammer.

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Oct 8 2004, 04:44 PM)
What can I say I'm a Giants fan.  I'm sure if he didnt play for SF, I wouldnt be as much a fan of his, but as long as hes here I like him.

Well I am a pirates fan so I should hate him for leaving but I knew a guy that worked for the old three rivers stadium and he talked to the players a lot and he told me a few things about the players.

Most fans liked Bobby Bonilla and Van Slyke the best and they thought Bonds was kind of a pen0r, well this guy says that if you seen how they act off camera then you would think different about them. He said Bonilla and Slyke would suck up to the cameraslike they loved Pittsburgh and the fans but as soon as the cameras were off he would hear them badmouthing the fans and the city. He said at first he didn't like Bonds either but he had more respect for Bonds because he acted the same way no matter if the camera was on or not. I thought that was cool.

I think I just like him because it reminds me of when the Pirates had a good team. Every since then they have pretty much became a farm team for high market teams. Oh well, I never change teams so I am stuck with them forever. It's OK though, I still love my Pirates even though they haven't done anything in years. Oh well,,,,,Maybe next year. lol I doubt it, but ya neva kno. AlexFinal.gif

i used to like BONDS because in the face of all the criticism, terrible interview questions, ec. his true colors really came through as a man who is sensitive, open, etc.

but he's also a dick and i like sheffield more than him now which i never thought i would say.

I think Bonds is a total idiot. He always acts like a dick during the interviews after the games and stuff. He has so many fans and so many little kids look up to him and view him as their idol and hero. He has so much talent, but acts like such a moron that you just grow to hate the guy. I don't understand how some people can act that way.

Yeah, I don't like this guy. He once said he'll say hi to his teammates only if he feels like it. Huh? It's a team, Barry.

QUOTE (shine @ Nov 25 2004, 03:47 AM)
I've been a Giants fan since the Krukow days Moonraker. What Barry does on the field is amazing! And compared to Ron Artest he is an angel!

They are totally different. Ron Artest has done one bad thing, while Barry Bonds acts like an idiot at every interview and press conference after the games. I agree with you that Ron Artest is an idiot, but Barry is NOT a total angel compared to Artest. no.gif

After the incident with Artest, I saw a clip of all the things he's done. Must of been about a dozen stupid things he has done. Including flipping of fans during games, breaking tv cameras, flagrant fouls and other fights. I only said compared to Artest, Barry is an angel. I know Barrys not perfect but who is.

QUOTE (shine @ Nov 25 2004, 12:36 PM)
After the incident with Artest, I saw a clip of all the things he's done. Must of been about a dozen stupid things he has done. Including flipping of fans during games, breaking tv cameras, flagrant fouls and other fights. I only said compared to Artest, Barry is an angel. I know Barrys not perfect but who is.

No one is perfect. Bonds may look like an angel in your eyes, but I can assure you that many people would beg to differ.

He just looks like a GREAT baseball player in my eyes. Let him be who he is. If you don't like him, fine. But don't believe everything you hear and read about him. Or pass judgement on him if you don't know him personally. I hope someday you tell your kids you got to see one of the greatest of all time play the game.

"I guess you were being a dick, and I was being a dick and I guess we were all being big dicks.." ALex from trailer park boys.....at least thats what I think he says if I can remember correctly///

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Nov 25 2004, 05:18 PM)
I think that's sad he has that many gold gloves. How did he get all of them? He isn't that good of a fielder. I think the MLB has lost their minds.

Just to let u know the gold gloves are voted by the managers and coaches in the league

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Nov 25 2004, 08:53 PM)
QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Nov 25 2004, 05:18 PM)
I think that's sad he has that many gold gloves.  How did he get all of them?  He isn't that good of a fielder.  I think the MLB has lost their minds.

Just to let u know the gold gloves are voted by the managers and coaches in the league

I typed the wrong thing. Sorry. I'm a huge baseball fan, I know most of the stuff. Do you think Bonds takes Steroids?

Archived