Rushcon anyone?

Laurabw

Do you have a link to the info? I would like to think about it anyway. :) Mr. blues was surprisingly interested in the idea of going to Toronto to see the Key ceremony. I think he wanted to spy on my heroes :D :D. (I woke up with stomach flu on Friday and have only started feeling better tonight. Story of my life.) Edited by blueschica

OK, here is the information so far from the Rushcon.org website:

"We hope to see you all this November 3rd - 5th, 2016, In Toronto, Canada. (Yep, that’s Thursday through Saturday this time.) We have a huge, major event to announce, along with some fun new things! All details will be announced over the next couple weeks. But now would be a good time to ask for time off, get your Rush shirts out of the attic, and prepare to have the best weekend of your life this November. Stay tuned!"

The huge, major event sounds intriguing! But, story of my life also. My husband teaches and I wouldn't be able to get there until Friday evening, earliest . . .

Edited by blueschica

I'm actually out of work too....but I really want to go! I wonder how much it will cost, I mean just the event. Airfare isn't too bad, relatively speaking.
  • Like 1

Do you have a link to the info? I would like to think about it anyway. :) Mr. blues was surprisingly interested in the idea of going to Toronto to see the Key ceremony. I think he wanted to spy on my heroes :D :D. (I woke up with stomach flu on Friday and have only started feeling better tonight. Story of my life.)

Oh, that's too bad! Hope you're better now. Mr. blues, that's cute.

• Like 1

I'm not too far from Toronto, but I've never been to a convention. What goes on at these things? Is it stuff like cover bands, karaoke, interviews with ex-roadies, lots of merch to blow your cash on? I seem to recall a little segment in the documentary about it.

I'm not sure, looks like they have some events to get fans together to mingle, which would be fun. Hopefully someone who has been to these can weigh in here .

Haven't gone yet but sounds like it could be worthwhile. However, I have to get to see some important places to the band (like Pancer's Deli, Fisherville Jr High, Lakeside Park, etc :)) to really feel good about making the trip.
  • Like 1

Go. Seriously...go. If you're considering going, go. You won't be disappointed. I've been to 3 (2006, 2007, 2014) and had the time of my life. And if I can swing it I'll try to go to this one too. It's hanging out with like-minded people who get the Rush thing like no one else in your life does. There's fun games, interesting guest speakers, a tribute band concert, tours of various Rush related places, and a really cool auction you can donate stuff to and bid on cool stuff. All in all it's a great time with great people. So go...I highly recommend it.

giphy.gif

• Like 5

Go. Seriously...go. If you're considering going, go. You won't be disappointed. I've been to 3 (2006, 2007, 2014) and had the time of my life. And if I can swing it I'll try to go to this one too. It's hanging out with like-minded people who get the Rush thing like no one else in your life does. There's fun games, interesting guest speakers, a tribute band concert, tours of various Rush related places, and a really cool auction you can donate stuff to and bid on cool stuff. All in all it's a great time with great people. So go...I highly recommend it.

giphy.gif

AG is right.

Go. There is no other place in the world, like being with other Fans that "Get" it. The Glorious Geekdom that is Rushcon is a beauty to behold, and be part of. I was at RC5 and RC6, and haven't been since - all due to the kids travel activities, now we are almost empty nesters and commitments have been reduced by 75%, we are talking about making the trek again.

We won't likely be able to go until Friday evening either, but if you can get there - you won't be sorry.

The ladies that run it are amazing.

I don't have a clue what the big announcement is, but past events have had a concert (cover band if Rush is not touring) interactive games with cool Rushy prizes (like the mustache toss) :LOL:

There are 3am breakfasts at Frans

There are trips to The Orbit Room

There were tours of Anthem Records, to see all of Rush's Glittering Prizes. There have been trips to Lakeside Park to ride the Merry Go Round (wheezing same old Melody)

Then wonderful Guest Speakers

I would imagine this year might include a trip to Lee Lifeson Park - (how fun!)

Tickets are limited - and they DO SELL OUT, and the cheap rooms go fast, so if you're considering it, book it sooner than later -

So Many Memories

Go once for the experience - you won't be disappointed.

Edited by sundog
  • Like 4

Wouldn't surprise me if the big announcement is Geddy and Alex doing the acoustic thing (Victor, My Favorite Headache with some covers) and maybe some moderated Q&A.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to go to a bunch of concerts....

• Like 2

Thanks, it sounds awesome! Do u pay per day or is it one price?

You can do either...the days are offered a la carte, or one bulk fee that gets you into everything. They sell merchandise there plus if you want to bid on anything at the auction...that's about the only extra costs. Snacks are usually served (free) and there's an open bar that serves beer and sodas..

• Like 4

You can do either...the days are offered a la carte, or one bulk fee that gets you into everything. They sell merchandise there plus if you want to bid on anything at the auction...that's about the only extra costs. Snacks are usually served (free) and there's an open bar that serves beer and sodas..

I hate to even ask, like, do you have any idea around how much, before I get too excited?

I hate to even ask, like, do you have any idea around how much, before I get too excited?

Jeeze, I don't even remember. There's the cost of travel and lodging (should you not be lucky enough to live in Toronto already) + the cost of the convention itself. Let me do a little research and ask a few questions. :)

• Like 1

Jeeze, I don't even remember. There's the cost of travel and lodging (should you not be lucky enough to live in Toronto already) + the cost of the convention itself. Let me do a little research and ask a few questions. :)

Oh that's ok, I don't want to trouble you! I'm sure it'll all come out soon, i'm just impatient!! :dweez: