9/11 - never forget

Lost In Xanadu

Thanks, Bobby.

I don't understand why they allowed the commercial in the first place.

Maybe they thought we were sufficiently dumbed down to not be outraged at the blatant disregard of thousand of lives lost and many more forever emotionally scarred and traumatized by what they experienced first-hand on that awful day.

• Like 7

Boy that mattress one is even worse than this Wal Mart "twin towers" soda display- taken down since Tuesday. Wtf? I guess if you say "never forget" you can do any tacky thing you want?

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/Screen%20Shot%202016-09-09%20at%204.19.25%20PM.png

• Like 4

Here is their statement to this, stupid move by them to make light of a tragedy like this

Cr74hMgW8AACG4Z.jpg

There is a thread in SOCN about how meaningless the phrase Take Full Responsibility is. I'll give Mike an ounce of credit here.

• Like 7

I admit I'm often slow.

Is that supposed to be a couple of moslems behind her representing the "twin towers"?

I think the stack of mattresses are the towers, and the Muslim looking guys are knocking them over
  • Like 1

I admit I'm often slow.

Is that supposed to be a couple of moslems behind her representing the "twin towers"?

I think the stack of mattresses are the towers, and the Muslim looking guys are knocking them over

You would've thought SOMEONE at that company would've stopped that ad from ever happening. Idiots

• Like 2

Boy that mattress one is even worse than this Wal Mart "twin towers" soda display- taken down since Tuesday. Wtf? I guess if you say "never forget" you can do any tacky thing you want?

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/Screen%20Shot%202016-09-09%20at%204.19.25%20PM.png

More idiocy

• Like 2

This totally reminds me of when a certain infamous Youtuber made videos making fun of 9/11 and actually wondered why they were getting so much hate for it. Edited by fraroc
  • Like 2

Some things never change.

As time passes, we become more and more separated from great events and/or tragedies, and the more likely it is for people to forget them, or profit from them, or make sport of them. Soon enough, most people will ignore the significance of 9-11-2001 as they do 7-20-1969, or 12-7-1941, or 5-9-1865.

Luckily for us, there are just enough people in this country who are wise enough to never forget. We, the enlightened ones, keep this country from descending into oblivion.

• Like 5

As time passes, we become more and more separated from great events and/or tragedies, and the more likely it is for people to forget them, or profit from them, or make sport of them. Soon enough, most people will ignore the significance of 9-11-2001 as they do 7-20-1969, or 12-7-1941, or 5-9-1865.

Luckily for us, there are just enough people in this country who are wise enough to never forget. We, the enlightened ones, keep this country from descending into oblivion.

:clap:

But in this case, I'd prefer them forget over making light of the horrific event

• Like 1

We'll always have douchebags making fun of tragedies just to be 2edgy4me, nothing will ever change that.

Edited by fraroc
  • Like 2