Favortite live songs that never made a live album

ytserush

Quite a few of my favorites were knocked off the list over the last 10 years or so, but these are my faves that never found a wider audience.

Here Again

The Necromancer

The Twilight Zone

Chemistry

Afterimage

Kid Gloves

Warpaint

Double Agent

Half The World

Time and Motion

Ceiling Unlimited

Edited by ytserush
  • Like 3

Before And After sounds great when they played it at that elementary school with John Rutsey, and The Necromancer is amazing on the "Pretentious Necromancer" bootleg ..

And Tears, to my knowledge, was never played live ..

All three of those are Top 10 Rush songs for me on any given day

And this is the stuff about which I wish an interviewer would ask the guys. They do ask about unreleased "Studio" songs that are locked away in "the vaults", but they never ask about Live songs that are definitely locked away in those vaults.

Geddy and Alex have said time and again that there are no unreleased "Studio" songs. ("Sir Gawain" was scrapped and some of it was salvaged and inserted into "Natural Science". We know that already!) But we know that there are songs played on tours that were recorded but never released on any official Rush Live albums.

Why don't the guys open those vaults and haul this Live material out and give it an official release. Hey, more money in the pocket for them, and more Rush enjoyment for us!

• Like 2

And this is the stuff about which I wish an interviewer would ask the guys. They do ask about unreleased "Studio" songs that are locked away in "the vaults", but they never ask about Live songs that are definitely locked away in those vaults.

Geddy and Alex have said time and again that there are no unreleased "Studio" songs. ("Sir Gawain" was scrapped and some of it was salvaged and inserted into "Natural Science". We know that already!) But we know that there are songs played on tours that were recorded but never released on any official Rush Live albums.

Why don't the guys open those vaults and haul this Live material out and give it an official release. Hey, more money in the pocket for them, and more Rush enjoyment for us!

If Geddy can't even remember what songs they've played live, he'd have no idea what songs may have been recorded and lie in the vaults (that would probably go for the other two of them also). I would think that whoever owns the rights to their music would certainly have checked the vaults to see what was there and if it was salvageable. I also can't imagine that, if there was something worthwhile, the band would refuse to release it.

• Like 2

Ceiling Unlimited is on the Rio disc as an extra. It actually has a better mix to it than the main setlist.

I don't see that on my copy.

Same here. :huh:

Oops. It was Between Sun and Moon that was an extra. Ceiling Unlimited must've been on one of my bootlegs. Haven't listened to either in about 10 years.

• Like 2

I'll toss Circumstances in there too ... Another favorite of mine, and sounded great in that video from the Hemispheres era in which they performed it live

It's on S&A Live though

True, it is...but they had to change the key, to fit the 21st century.

I know what you meant, Lucas. I'm right there with you.

• Like 1

I'll toss Circumstances in there too ... Another favorite of mine, and sounded great in that video from the Hemispheres era in which they performed it live

It's on S&A Live though

You must forgive me as I am still living in 1982

:D

Here Again

Before And After

Necromancer

Fountain Of Lamneth

A Farewell To Kings

Twilight Zone

Lessons

They never played Lamneth live.

Now that hasn't been proven yet.