Which book should I get?

YYZumbi

I wanna start reading a book on english and was thinking a book about Rush would be the best start!

But Im not sure which book to get.

Either Im thinking about buying this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1550226789/ref=s9_psimh_gw_g14_i2_r?ie=UTF8&fpl=fresh&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=&pf_rd_r=8E29EQ0DZ59C8SQE8HVV&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=14bf09e4-93c8-43ff-8639-e7979e7d1787&pf_rd_i=desktop

Or one that Neil have written: https://www.rushbackstage.com/rushbackstage/media-260/featured-books/index.html

But I have no idea which book that is best. Which one do you guys prefer and why?

I wanna start reading a book on english and was thinking a book about Rush would be the best start!

But Im not sure which book to get.

Either Im thinking about buying this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1550226789/ref=s9_psimh_gw_g14_i2_r?ie=UTF8&fpl=fresh&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=&pf_rd_r=8E29EQ0DZ59C8SQE8HVV&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=14bf09e4-93c8-43ff-8639-e7979e7d1787&pf_rd_i=desktop

Or one that Neil have written: https://www.rushbackstage.com/rushbackstage/media-260/featured-books/index.html

But I have no idea which book that is best. Which one do you guys prefer and why?

Wow, probably going to be people coming in and complaining about Neil's writing so I'll say of his books I'd get either Ghost Rider or Roadshow. The Contents Under Pressure book is supposed to be good but I've never read it. Probably just stuff you already know about the band though.

EDIT: I see Roadshow isn't available there for some reason. Masked Rider is about his bicycle trip in Africa. That was interesting too. But of those choices I would pick Ghost Rider for the story after his tragedies.

Edited by EagleMoon

Roadshow is available in both hardcover and paperback on Amazon. A new hardcover is as cheap as $12 or $13.

Good to know.

Zumbi, Roadshow is cool because he writes it during a tour so you get a bit of insight as to how his days went while they were on the road.

• Like 1

Roadshow is available in both hardcover and paperback on Amazon. A new hardcover is as cheap as $12 or $13.

Good to know.

Zumbi, Roadshow is cool because he writes it during a tour so you get a bit of insight as to how his days went while they were on the road.

Do you know what tour it is?

Good to know.

Right on. If you want to about Neil's perspective on the band that's the one to read
  • Like 1

Good to know.

R30

Good to know.

R30

Thanks! Do you have a link for the book on amazon? It seems I cant find it there.

Good to know.

R30

Thanks! Do you have a link for the book on amazon? It seems I cant find it there.

Well after checking it out it looks like you'd have to get it from a reseller and not directly from Amazon. It must be out of print. Can you see this link?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/ol/1579401422/ref=olp_tab_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Good to know.

R30

Well after checking it out it looks like you'd have to get it from a reseller and not directly from Amazon. It must be out of print. Can you see this link?

https://www.amazon.c...8&condition=new

Not really. It looks like the page is only half loaded. Even tho its not.

None of Neil's books are "on English" so I'm not sure why you're looking at his books.

I wonder if Zumbi just means a book written in English. Prepositions are often some of the last things to fall into place for a multilingual speaker.

Good to know.

R30

https://www.amazon.c...8&condition=new

Not really. It looks like the page is only half loaded. Even tho its not.

It was a list of vendors that are selling the book "new" though if it's gone out of print that would just mean old stock. I'm not sure what to recommend unless you can find it used elsewhere. Maybe just go with another one of his books in the meantime.

When did "Roadshow" become so rare? Wow! I bought a used one from Amazon in the spring for $ 4.00. I was happy to give it to another Rush fan to read; so many motorcycle details! :D

"Roadshow" is interesting Zumbi, but it looks hard to get right now. "Contents Under Pressure" is very interesting, I think; it has a lot of back stage stories from Alex and Geddy and a lot of great pictures. It only goes through R30, but if you just want it to brush up on your English, Amazon US has Used-Very Good copies for $.45 cents and $ 5.00. "Ghost Rider" by Neil is interesting also and there are used copies from one cent on up and a new one is only $ 11.27. Both could keep you busy until you find Roadshow at a lower price.

• Like 1

When did "Roadshow" become so rare? Wow! I bought a used one from Amazon in the spring for $ 4.00. I was happy to give it to another Rush fan to read; so many motorcycle details! :D

"Roadshow" is interesting Zumbi, but it looks hard to get right now. "Contents Under Pressure" is very interesting, I think; it has a lot of back stage stories from Alex and Geddy and a lot of great pictures. It only goes through R30, but if you just want it to brush up on your English, Amazon US has Used-Very Good copies for $.45 cents and $ 5.00. "Ghost Rider" by Neil is interesting also and there are used copies from one cent on up and a new one is only $ 11.27. Both could keep you busy until you find Roadshow at a lower price.

Only thing that would concern me about that is whether they would ship out of the country.

• Like 1

Just don't get any of Neil's unless you're in the mood to go into a coma for a few months...

Let's not go there. If you don't like his books why comment? Sorry but I just get tired of all the Neil bashing.

• Like 2

Just don't get any of Neil's unless you're in the mood to go into a coma for a few months...

Let's not go there. If you don't like his books why comment? Sorry but I just get tired of all the Neil bashing.

I can't let your feelings get in the way of the facts!

Only thing that would concern me about that is whether they would ship out of the country.

Oh yeah, I tend to forget that Zumbi is in Sweden . . . . maybe he can get the Amazon UK one! Especially since the Roadshow ones on our Amazon are all like $38.00 . That is so weird! Market forces or something I guess!

• Like 2

I so agree with you. Neil get to much shit on this forum. He do not deserve it!

• Like 2

I'll see you two in few months then when you come out of your comas! :cosmo:

• Like 2

I also agree with you guys! He really does not deserve it!

• Like 1

I also agree with you guys! He really does not deserve it!

Coma girl!

I've read pretty much all of Neil's books and I didn't find them boring at all - often very interesting, in fact. Lots of good observations, and while I don't agree with everything he says I think he makes an effort to state his opinions in a sensitive way. That's not to say he hasn't slipped up on occasion, but nobody's perfect.

You either like that kind of slower-paced thoughtful stuff or you don't, I guess.

Edited by toymaker
  • Like 2