Rush to tour in Fall 2012.

yyzyy

I went to go and see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra yesterday for the 9th time since 2006 at the ACC and they absolutely killed it once again! On the way out, I see a familiar face walking up the stairs...sure enough it's Howard Ungerleider (Rush's lighting director) and we chatted for a little bit. So I asked him about the upcoming tour and album and he said that everything is pretty much wrapped up and the boys are gearing up the machine for a fall 2012 tour starting in September!

Bust out the champagne!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (yyzyy @ Dec 30 2011, 11:47 AM)
I went to go and see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra yesterday for the 9th time since 2006 at the ACC and they absolutely killed it once again! On the way out, I see a familiar face walking up the stairs...sure enough it's Howard Ungerleider (Rush's lighting director) and we chatted for a little bit. So I asked him about the upcoming tour and album and he said that everything is pretty much wrapped up and the boys are gearing up the machine for a fall 2012 tour starting in September!

Bust out the champagne!

Great News! Can't wait 'til the album comes out

QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Dec 30 2011, 05:52 PM)
I went to go and see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra yesterday for the 9th time since 2006 at the ACC and they absolutely killed it once again!  On the way out, I see a familiar face walking up the stairs...sure enough it's Howard Ungerleider (Rush's lighting director) and we chatted for a little bit.  So I asked him about the upcoming tour and album and he said that everything is pretty much wrapped up and the boys are gearing up the machine for a fall 2012 tour starting in September!

Bust out the champagne!

Great News! Can't wait 'til the album comes out

+1

Woohoo! 653.gif

QUOTE (yyzyy @ Dec 30 2011, 10:47 AM)

Bust out the champagne!

F yes!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

Bust out the champagne!

oohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyhboyohboyohboyohboy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the way out, I see a familiar face walking up the stairs...sure enough it's Howard Ungerleider (Rush's lighting director)

I love that Rush's lighting director is someone that you know on sight when probably 99% of us don't even know the dude's name laugh.gif

That's awesome news, man. Thanks for sharing!

I wish I could be excited about this... frankly, I'd rather have them hole up in the studio for the next five years, record two more Rush albums (and a solo album apiece) THEN tour

I'm probably more spoiled than most (have caught at least one show per tour since '84) but every show since the VT tour in 2002 has been... underwhelming

they're beginning to over-saturate themselves even amongst modestly diehard fans

too much trying to shoehorn another couple million dollars into their retirement funds, not enough art

as recently as 2004 I still believed that Rush were operating by their unofficial ideal (art over commercial interests)

but hey - people change (myself included) - I don't begrudge them their direction, it's just a little depressing

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Dec 30 2011, 02:38 PM)
I wish I could be excited about this... frankly, I'd rather have them hole up in the studio for the next five years, record two more Rush albums (and a solo album apiece) THEN tour

I'm probably more spoiled than most (have caught at least one show per tour since '84) but every show since the VT tour in 2002 has been... underwhelming

they're beginning to over-saturate themselves even amongst modestly diehard fans

too much trying to shoehorn another couple million dollars into their retirement funds, not enough art

as recently as 2004 I still believed that Rush were operating by their unofficial ideal (art over commercial interests)

but hey - people change (myself included) - I don't begrudge them their direction, it's just a little depressing

Since I believe the bulk of their best work is in the past, I disagree, would rather see them again with more diverse offerings of old stuff and a sprinkling of new. Five more years wouldnt palpably change their new work either...

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Dec 30 2011, 06:11 PM)
On the way out, I see a familiar face walking up the stairs...sure enough it's Howard Ungerleider (Rush's lighting director)

I love that Rush's lighting director is someone that you know on sight when probably 99% of us don't even know the dude's name laugh.gif

That's awesome news, man. Thanks for sharing!

No. You are the 1%.

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Dec 30 2011, 03:38 PM)

I think the '04 tour was awesome and even with the covers it was a great set list...and this last tour (with the exception of the sorry set list) was visually Stupendous!!!!

Did he say where they'd be touring? I think most of us here would hope it's a North American tour, but was this information offered or was it just assumed it would be here...

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Dec 30 2011, 03:25 PM)
Did he say where they'd be touring? I think most of us here would hope it's a North American tour, but was this information offered or was it just assumed it would be here...

Ahh, a proper tour in a hockey arena. Thats more like it. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Dec 30 2011, 03:23 PM)
QUOTE (The Big Money @ Dec 30 2011, 03:14 PM)
Awesome! INDOOR SHOWS!!!! smile.gif

Yes. Awesome. Hate sheds.. much prefer arenas...

I'd rather have the sheds , I had a hard time hearing Neil over Geddy's bass last time indoors.

Good ol' Howie:)

http://api.ning.com/files/9EAOvVHIO1gEKqU0R-lFMQznGpugjJ2YM*O3aBZ8ygiVABkUQ1SGQYYnLGONjeCWKMUvViJ7Gzxc4o2BEscsshin5F7dkEKv/with_rush_75.jpg

hope now ok with edits..

comp26.gif

Edited by hannuFIN

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Dec 30 2011, 05:59 PM)
This is bad news. Wasn't it already a given that Rush was touring in 2012? I just assumed it would be a Spring or Summer tour. The fact they're not touring until Fall is kind of a bummer as we still have a year wait!

I think a Fall tour is fine. Summer tours are cool, but I think the boys will need the rest; this tour might shape up to be pretty lengthy.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Dec 30 2011, 12:11 PM)

Wasn't it his tale of an unfortunate encounter with mutts that led to By-Tor and the Snow Dog? Clearly, he isn't your run-of-the-mill lighting director!