Metallica (Last Night)

EmotionDetector

I attended my first Metallica concert last night in TORONTO. Kicked major ass, and they sound awesome!! 1022.gif

Just wanted to mention that the boys kicked off their encore with a short version of WORKING MAN!

It didn't last too long, but sounded great, and the crowd responded well to it! It was a nice added touch to the show! trink38.gif

Cool. Wish I had been there trink39.gif

Now, if Rush and Metallica did a show together, that is a venue I would camp out to get for tickets for -

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Oct 28 2009, 11:19 AM)
I attended my first Metallica concert last night in TORONTO. Kicked major ass, and they sound awesome!! 1022.gif

Just wanted to mention that the boys kicked off their encore with a short version of WORKING MAN!

It didn't last too long, but sounded great, and the crowd responded well to it! It was a nice added touch to the show! trink38.gif

I was there too! OMG What an awesome f*cking show!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it when they started playing Working Man.. I was like hey I know this song.. this is.. HOLY SHIT IT'S RUSH!!! laugh.gif The place went absolutely insane.. what an amazing night! 1022.gif

Were you there for Lamb of God too?

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Oct 28 2009, 12:53 PM)
I attended my first Metallica concert last night in TORONTO. Kicked major ass, and they sound awesome!!  1022.gif

It didn't last too long, but sounded great, and the crowd responded well to it! It was a nice added touch to the show!  trink38.gif

I was there too! OMG What an awesome f*cking show!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it when they started playing Working Man.. I was like hey I know this song.. this is.. HOLY SHIT IT'S RUSH!!! laugh.gif The place went absolutely insane.. what an amazing night! 1022.gif

Yeah, I was there for both opening bands...some good stuff there. I personally, am not too familiar with Lamb of God, but they certainly seem to be pretty popular as they were getting great response from the crowd...specifically around my section.

The show was awesome...and Metallica did not dissapoint whatsoever. 1022.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Oct 28 2009, 01:31 PM)
QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Oct 28 2009, 12:53 PM)
I attended my first Metallica concert last night in TORONTO. Kicked major ass, and they sound awesome!!  1022.gif

It didn't last too long, but sounded great, and the crowd responded well to it! It was a nice added touch to the show!  trink38.gif

Yeah, I was there for both opening bands...some good stuff there. I personally, am not too familiar with Lamb of God, but they certainly seem to be pretty popular as they were getting great response from the crowd...specifically around my section.

The show was awesome...and Metallica did not dissapoint whatsoever. 1022.gif

Ya it was my first time seeing them live too last night. Holy SHIT!!! I'm def going to the next show which is rumoured to be with Pantera and Megadeath... so ya 1022.gif

I couldn't believe where I was, right front row being crushed against the barriers at the stage.. biggrin.gif I LOVED EVERY BONE CRUSHING MINUTE OF IT!!!

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Oct 28 2009, 09:19 AM)

That's awesome. I'm actually impressed.

I've mentioned this story on here before but it's been a long time.

There was a local magazine here in the Bay Area called BAM. Yep you guessed it, "Bay Area Music"

There was a Lars interview in this magazine right when the "Black Album" came out.

The interviewer asked Lars why the band decided to go commerical with the new record.

His response was "we simply decided to De-Rush ourselves."

QUOTE (librarian @ Oct 28 2009, 12:44 PM)
Cool. Wish I had been there trink39.gif

Now, if Rush and Metallica did a show together, that is a venue I would camp out to get for tickets for -

Not to high-jack this thread, but if Rush and Metallica ever did a double-bill, who would go on first? Would there be a battle of egos, a coin toss, or would Metallica simply defer to the greatness that is 2.gif and "open" the show ???

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Oct 28 2009, 02:59 PM)
QUOTE (tangy @ Oct 28 2009, 02:55 PM)
any of you toronto folks catch the recent Mastodon show?

You mean the DETHKLOK show last Friday? Yeah I was there it was awesome.

1022.gif

biggrin.gif atta boy! I don't know much about dethklok but know their guitarist, Mike Keneally is amazing. Former zappa/vai band member.

QUOTE (tangy @ Oct 28 2009, 04:16 PM)
QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Oct 28 2009, 02:59 PM)
QUOTE (tangy @ Oct 28 2009, 02:55 PM)
any of you toronto folks catch the recent Mastodon show?

You mean the DETHKLOK show last Friday? Yeah I was there it was awesome.

1022.gif

biggrin.gif atta boy! I don't know much about dethklok but know their guitarist, Mike Keneally is amazing. Former zappa/vai band member.

Yeah I drove all the way up from Ottawa for that show. Usually I hit Montreal for my metal shows but this tour didn't go there for some strange reason, I mean Montreal is hands down them metal capitol of North America. First time at Sound Academy too - awesome venue and perfect size for that sort of stuff.

If you are into metal at all you should really check out some Dethklok. First off as you probably already know they are a fictitious band from the cartoon METALOCALPSE but the show is such a hit and the music they write and perform for it is also so great that they release albums and tour.

Metalocalypse is one hilarious adult cartoon as well.

laugh.gif

Glad you enjoyed the show!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (rushlady23 @ Oct 28 2009, 03:44 PM)
QUOTE (CygXanTor @ Oct 28 2009, 03:33 PM)
Metallica simply defer the greatness that is  2.gif  and "open" the show ???

1022.gif

Definitely this. If Metallica weren't willing to open for Rush they wouldn't deserve to be on the same bill with them. tongue.gif

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Oct 28 2009, 05:40 PM)

1022.gif

Definitely this. If Metallica weren't willing to open for Rush they wouldn't deserve to be on the same bill with them. tongue.gif

Obviously this is all hypothetical since both Rush and Tallica can play 3 hour shows and we are unlikely to see a 7-hour double bill any day soon.

You look at the musical festival sort or situation though and 20-1 Rush would come on before Metallica. Similar thing happened at SARS-Stock where Rush came on before AC/DC who came on before the Stones.

Headlining is a popularity contest and in mixed-genre events such as this proposed marriage between Geddy and Lars that is what would likely happen.

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Oct 28 2009, 04:55 PM)
QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Oct 28 2009, 05:40 PM)

1022.gif

Obviously this is all hypothetical since both Rush and Tallica can play 3 hour shows and we are unlikely to see a 7-hour double bill any day soon.

You look at the musical festival sort or situation though and 20-1 Rush would come on before Metallica. Similar thing happened at SARS-Stock where Rush came on before AC/DC who came on before the Stones.

Headlining is a popularity contest and in mixed-genre events such as this proposed marriage between Geddy and Lars that is what would likely happen.

Well I heard Metallica is gonna tour with Pantera and Megadeath which is kinda strange considering their history with Dave Mustane... but we'll see I guess. I'd go for that tho! HELL YA!

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Oct 29 2009, 05:03 AM)
Very cool that Metallica contributed $50,000 to finding that missing girl. That is much more important than them playing Working Man.

Obviously, that's excellent...but I don't think that my intention was to downplay the missing girl, or the help that Metallica has been giving to finding her, or say that Working Man was more important.

There was already a thread made about a week ago about the missing girl, and the help that Metallica was putting forward. This thread was simply me stating a Rush sighting that I saw at the concert I went to, that's why it's in the RUSH section of the forum.

Archived