Goober Radio Theme Show

rushgoober

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mentioned this in chat last week, you said you had 90% of your theme show complete, but I threw this out hoping I had time....

If you are going to have songs by Bands that only made one album....

This album HAS to be included...

http://o.aolcdn.com/art/amgmusic/album/pop/cov200/drh000/h032/h03227vhg2o.jpg

If its not.........oh well......it still will be a kick ass show! C ya Thursday goobmeister!

QUOTE (The Owl @ Mar 3 2009, 08:44 AM)
I mentioned this in chat last week, you said you had 90% of your theme show complete, but I threw this out hoping I had time....

If you are going to have songs by Bands that only made one album....

This album HAS to be included...

http://o.aolcdn.com/art/amgmusic/album/pop/cov200/drh000/h032/h03227vhg2o.jpg

If its not.........oh well......it still will be a kick ass show! C ya Thursday goobmeister!

I thought this was something I had, but I was thinking of something else when we talked about it. Sorry, but it still will be kick ass! yes.gif wink.gif tongue.gif

I'm waiting for the Progressive Metal show. yes.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 3 2009, 03:56 PM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Mar 3 2009, 10:49 AM)
I'm waiting for the Progressive Metal show.  yes.gif

Dude, most (99%) of my prog is 70's prog, so I wouldn't hold my breath... sorry... sad.gif

Time to visit the local library and check out some CDs. yes.gif You could borrow them for your show. yes.gif

And everyone will be nodding their heads to the music and saying yes. yes.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 3 2009, 02:56 PM)

Dude, most (99%) of my prog is 70's prog, so I wouldn't hold my breath... sorry... sad.gif

Gary, I have a request for April's theme show. How about album-side songs, i.e. "2112", "Close To The Edge", and songs like that. Pick six songs that are chock full of epicocity, and floor everyone with their awesomeness! yes.gif

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Mar 3 2009, 04:43 PM)

Gary, I have a request for April's theme show. How about album-side songs, i.e. "2112", "Close To The Edge", and songs like that. Pick six songs that are chock full of epicocity, and floor everyone with their awesomeness! yes.gif

Add Tarkus to that list.

QUOTE (Gompers @ Mar 3 2009, 04:49 PM)

Add Tarkus to that list.

Supper's Ready

QUOTE (Gompers @ Mar 3 2009, 02:38 PM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Mar 3 2009, 04:49 PM)

Add Tarkus to that list.

Supper's Ready

Echoes.... biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Mar 3 2009, 01:43 PM)

I've got some other theme shows already brewing, but that's a great idea. I actually thought of this, but thought of it as only full album sides - this is more specific and only 20-minute or so songs. I'll keep that in the hopper for a future theme. Thanks, Tim! trink39.gif

QUOTE (Gompers @ Mar 3 2009, 01:00 PM)

Time to visit the local library and check out some CDs. yes.gif You could borrow them for your show. yes.gif

I appreciate it Rich, but I don't know if that's really my thing per se. I'll consider it for later on if I get the time and energy to delve into that sub-genre, but for now I've got my hands full still collecting the older stuff... trink39.gif

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Mar 3 2009, 06:24 PM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Mar 3 2009, 12:49 PM)

goodpost.gif

laugh.gif

Who knows. Maybe someday he'll play some DT.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 3 2009, 07:10 PM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Mar 3 2009, 01:00 PM)

I appreciate it Rich, but I don't know if that's really my thing per se. I'll consider it for later on if I get the time and energy to delve into that sub-genre, but for now I've got my hands full still collecting the older stuff... trink39.gif

There may still be hope... trink39.gif

QUOTE (Gompers @ Mar 3 2009, 07:30 PM)

goodpost.gif

laugh.gif

He Has Scenes From A Memory yes.gif

he just needs more yes.gif

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Mar 3 2009, 05:36 PM)

goodpost.gif

laugh.gif

I really enjoy Scenes From a Memory, but honestly, when it gets really metal, it's on the outer edge of how much metal I can handle.

I was WAAAAAAY into heavy metal (mostly NWOBHM) when I was younger - mostly from 1981-1986 or so before I started getting into 60's, and then 70's music. I pretty much abandoned heavy metal. Slowly I've been re-acquiring a couple handfuls of the best of the 70's and early 80's classics, but I only enjoy it in smaller doses when I'm really in the mood.

I enjoy the power and intensity of straight metal, but I just don't find it as interesting or satisfying as the more purely complex, melodic and/or mindbending stuff, some of which actually can be quite heavy. Combining prog and metal is interesting, but hearing Scenes From A Memory isn't exactly having me knock down the doors to hear more, even though I enjoy it, and it does have some of those elements in it...

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 4 2009, 11:33 AM)
QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Mar 3 2009, 05:36 PM)

goodpost.gif

laugh.gif

I really enjoy Scenes From a Memory, but honestly, when it gets really metal, it's on the outer edge of how much metal I can handle.

I was WAAAAAAY into heavy metal (mostly NWOBHM) when I was younger - mostly from 1981-1986 or so before I started getting into 60's, and then 70's music. I pretty much abandoned heavy metal. Slowly I've been re-acquiring a couple handfuls of the best of the 70's and early 80's classics, but I only enjoy it in smaller doses when I'm really in the mood.

I enjoy the power and intensity of straight metal, but I just don't find it as interesting or satisfying as the more purely complex, melodic and/or mindbending stuff, some of which actually can be quite heavy. Combining prog and metal is interesting, but hearing Scenes From A Memory isn't exactly having me knock down the doors to hear more, even though I enjoy it, and it does have some of those elements in it...

Two songs from SFAM, Home and The Spirit Carries On come to mind. The former is a bit harder but I don't think it is metal, just Heavy Prog, say like Rush is? yes.gif

do an all out metal show. death, black, speed, doom and prog . don't forget old school metal

1022.gif

QUOTE (The Owl @ Mar 4 2009, 11:19 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 4 2009, 09:55 AM)
do an all out metal show. death, black, speed, doom and prog . don't forget old school metal
1022.gif

Im sure goobs has lots of that.

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 3 2009, 05:55 AM)
My first theme show, on Thursday, March 5, 2009, will be "Songs by Groups Who Only Made One Album" - come listen, it's gonna rock the house! yes.gif  1022.gif  common001.gif bekloppt.gif

Just a reminder that this show will be TONIGHT, Thursday, March 5th at 5-7pm PST, 8-10pm EST, 1-3am UK. Go to http://www.kskq.org and click on Listen Live - Now! to start the show.

And don't forget to join us in chat if you can!

Peace & Love,

Gary (aka Goober)

Archived