RUSHCON 2009

glennb2112

if you go to rushcons website they are considering moving the convention from toronto to either chicago, las vegas,LA or cleveland..

you can vote for your favorite city.

EDIT - changed to 2009

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (glennb2112 @ Nov 7 2008, 10:13 AM)
if you go to rushcons website they are considering moving the convention from toronto to either chicago, las vegas,LA or cleveland..

Weeelllll... I agree, it should stay in Toronto but Chicago would be more centrally located. More people could probably make it if they moved it there.

What's wrong with Seattle? *sniff*

QUOTE (King Troll @ Nov 7 2008, 04:43 PM)
Somewhere in Britain because we made the band what thay are today, and British fans are the most objective.

Wrong on both counts, KT (but you knew that).... Chicago would be more convenient, for me anyany.... wink.gif

Um, excuse me .....Cleveland ? Isn't that where the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is .....where they have yet to induct Rush angry.gif ? Yeah, right

QUOTE (Analog Kelly @ Nov 7 2008, 05:29 PM)
Um, excuse me .....Cleveland ? Isn't that where the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is .....where they have yet to induct Rush angry.gif ? Yeah, right

Well, Cleveland would have some relevance since Donna Halper was on the air in Cleveland and helped get them started.

QUOTE (CygXanTor @ Nov 7 2008, 04:55 PM)
QUOTE (King Troll @ Nov 7 2008, 04:43 PM)
Somewhere in Britain because we made the band what thay are today, and British fans are the most objective.

Wrong on both counts, KT (but you knew that).... Chicago would be more convenient, for me anyany.... wink.gif

Nope, right on both counts, and to whomsoever mentioned Donna Halper, last time I saw her was in Crewe England, so if she can do it so can you smile.gif

Besides I'm barred from entering the US and A, sue to having a well defined sense of Sarcasm and Irony.

QUOTE (Janie @ Nov 7 2008, 03:51 PM)
QUOTE (glennb2112 @ Nov 7 2008, 10:13 AM)

Weeelllll... I agree, it should stay in Toronto but Chicago would be more centrally located. More people could probably make it if they moved it there.

What's wrong with Seattle? *sniff*

actually, I'd consider revisiting Seattle again if RushCon were to occur there.

The last couple of years had smaller attendence I think than previous years.

I want to go again, but it must be a weekend event.

Amendment to what I said before; Indianapolis would be most convenient for me, the Adams Mark Hotel is nice, it's been home to many a Star Trek convention... cool.gif

QUOTE (skyswing @ Nov 7 2008, 05:53 PM)
QUOTE (Analog Kelly @ Nov 7 2008, 05:29 PM)
Um, excuse me .....Cleveland ? Isn't that where the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is .....where they have yet to induct Rush  angry.gif ? Yeah, right

Well, Cleveland would have some relevance since Donna Halper was on the air in Cleveland and helped get them started.

goodpost.gif yes.gif And the WMMS listeners who responded in such overwhelming numbers of the request lines when they first heard this unknown Canadian trio. Cleveland was from that moment on hard core for the 2.gif So don't blame the loyal Rush fans of Cleveland and NE Ohio because of that"Rolling Stone corporate office space"

But in all honesty Rushcon belongs in Toronto no place else, it's just the right thing to do. smile.gif

I love the idea of keeping it in Toronto.

But if it was to move to a U.S. city, Chicago would be my next pick, with Cleveland as second.

Not everyone who wants to attend Rushcon can go to Toronto. It might be easier for some to move within the States.

But then the same can be said of those within Canada. Not everyone there can attend a Con outside of their country.

catch 22.

QUOTE (jmdyyz @ Nov 7 2008, 04:58 PM)
NYC

yes.gif

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Nov 8 2008, 05:31 AM)
If it's in Toronto, I'm going. If it isn't, I can't.

Odd, most people in this thread seem to support keeping it in TO, but in the poll, Chicago and Cleveland are tied for the lead.

Not anymore, Cleveland way out in front.

Still believe in tradition and keep it in the boys hometown....

BUT... It would be nice finally get a chance to attend, short drive up 77 N to the city important in the history of Rush.. Cleveland,Ohio new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

They should DEFINITELY keep it in Toronto but Australia would be great laugh.gif then you all would have to come over here. trink39.gif rofl3.gif

If it's anywhere other than in Toronto, I won't be going.

Sorry, but I don't see Cleveland as some great destination city no matter what connection Rush has with it.

"I'm going on vacation"

"Really? are you taking a cruise? going to Europe? the Grand Canyon perhaps?"

"Oh no. I'm going to Cleveland because a Rush song got played on the radio"

QUOTE (metaldad @ Nov 8 2008, 09:34 AM)
QUOTE (jmdyyz @ Nov 7 2008, 04:58 PM)
NYC

yes.gif

no.gif Everything is always in NYC.

I see the point of keeping it in Toronto, completely. It just belongs there. But if it were to move to Chicago, I would be able to attend, as I have family there.

Archived