Presale schedule and instructions

krlowe

Thanks!

So, do the Amex card holders, then, have the best shot at the best tickets? OR, does each group doing a presale have an equal # of good tickets, just available on different days?

So many questions... I don't think I can get an amex card mailed to me by tomorrow. Wonder if you apply for a card online (or phone) if you can have access to the account # and security code prior to having the card in hand.

See...., so many questions. biggrin.gif

American Express presales in my own experience SUCK if you want floor and are decent for lower bowl seating

The Music Today presales are always REALLY good to me. But try them all.

ya know.... why does it have to be so complicated? It is not the bands fault per se, its just the nature of the beast.

Yet it would be nice not to jump thru hoops to get decent tickets. As I told the other four that want to go...."I will just get the tickets when they become available to the public, and get the best I can". And who knows, maybe we'll get some decent tickets. I just should'nt have to be so damn hard!

Aybody remember what the max # of tickets that can be purchased in one transaction during the presale???

I have a total of 6 people, including myself, that want to go together, but we probably will have to split up and by 2 blocks of three tickets...

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jan 21 2008, 01:06 AM)
And may I add - Godspeed to all of us to get decent seats. This is becoming a real ordeal to get decent seats, and its getting worse.

You can not get a great seat for Rush because they are be best live band to see over the 20 years!!!

QUOTE (daneel2112 @ Jan 20 2008, 07:01 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jan 21 2008, 01:06 AM)
And may I add - Godspeed to all of us to get decent seats.  This is becoming a real ordeal to get decent seats, and its getting worse.

You can not get a great seat for Rush because they are be best live band to see over the 20 years!!!

Well said! laugh.gif

And THX, krlowe. trink39.gif

I don't have any information but I beleive they are just delaying those presales. They are probably going to do it in like spurts of 3-4 big presales for all the venues.

I haven't been involved in a presale before. From some things I have read, it sounds like you get offered certain seats and can choose to take them or leave them - like ticketmaster, I guess. If you don't like what's offered at first, is there a chance of getting better seats as you wait it out? If so, do these (possible) better seats come up on the first day? in the first hour? on the last day? Is it just random? I would greatly appreciate info from those of you who have been through this.

Thanks a million!

biggrin.gif

About the Chiago show-yes the AMEX presale is on the Saturday 26th-I beleive the fanclub presale will follow on that Monday or Tuesday!

The way the presale works is you go to your site-select the number of tickets you want(2 works best) and enter a password WHERE APPROPRIATE and click 'get tickets' or whatever it says.

Then it will say 'searching....' and will refresh a couple of times. It will MOST LIKLEY give you two seats. Look at the seating chart and find where they are. If you like them, buy them. If not click 'search again' and it takes you back to page 1 again. Enter qty again..etc...

So its a RISK throwing away seats. I am hoping to get rows 1-5. Once you get to rows 6-15 thats where you wonder....can I get better? Well if you can BUY them because they WILL resell if you need to sell them and keep trying for better seats.

Music Today presale is a little bit differant but the same primary fashion. Request tix, observe the seating chart, request more if you aren't happy.

BUT LOOK AT THE SEATING CHART BEFORE YOU TRY TO GET TICKETS-ESPECIALLY WITH MUSIC TODAY FAN PRESALES!!

That will save your ass if you have the seating chart pulled up in a SEPERATE WINDOW.

QUOTE (towhee @ Jan 20 2008, 11:05 PM)
I haven't been involved in a presale before. From some things I have read, it sounds like you get offered certain seats and can choose to take them or leave them - like ticketmaster, I guess. If you don't like what's offered at first, is there a chance of getting better seats as you wait it out? If so, do these (possible) better seats come up on the first day? in the first hour? on the last day? Is it just random? I would greatly appreciate info from those of you who have been through this.

Thanks a million!
biggrin.gif

Last year I just about gave up on a show I was trying for. After an hour of trying, I never got good seats so I quit. An hour and a half later I decided, what the heck, and tried again. I got 2nd row! 2 and a half hours after the presale started and 2nd row! You never know I guess! Good Luck All!!!

Archived