Some good news and some bad news

PuppetKing2112

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Nov 24 2004, 04:56 PM)
http://www.rushmessageboard.com/forums/cp/...showtopic=23404

Good news: Possobility of touring with a symphony, which would kick serious ass.

Bad news: No new album until at least 2006.

It's a good interview though.

cannot login without password...........

Bummer about the new album situation...and not that bad to be touring with a symphony...However, if Rush were to tour only once more, I would prefer if they would do it by themselves, no symphony...BUT...if this is the last tour, i hope they don't do the symphony thing...

JUST THINKING....wouldn't it be cool if they announce a farewell tour...they should call it..'a farewell to kings' because they named the actual AFTK tour drive till you die...so it should be a farewell to kings...because Rush are kings! Just mentioning! tongue.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (yyzyy @ Nov 24 2004, 05:09 PM)
Bummer about the new album situation...and not that bad to be touring with a symphony...However, if Rush were to tour only once more, I would prefer if they would do it by themselves, no symphony...BUT...if this is the last tour, i hope they don't do the symphony thing...

JUST THINKING....wouldn't it be cool if they announce a farewell tour...they should call it..'a farewell to kings' because they named the actual AFTK tour drive till you die...so it should be a farewell to kings...because Rush are kings! Just mentioning! tongue.gif rofl3.gif

There is just no way they would hold their very last tour with a symphony...maybe for one or two nights but not an entire tour

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Nov 24 2004, 05:14 PM)

JUST THINKING....wouldn't it be cool if they announce a farewell tour...they should call it..'a farewell to kings' because they named the actual AFTK tour drive till you die...so it should be a farewell to kings...because Rush are kings!  Just mentioning! tongue.gif  rofl3.gif

There is just no way they would hold their very last tour with a symphony...maybe for one or two nights but not an entire tour

Yeah I agree. . . though it would be interesting if they did a short circuit like that, would be cool to see. HAH! Any Rush show would be cool to see, seeing as how I've never been to one unfortunately sad.gif sad.gif

Yeah I agree. . . though it would be interesting if they did a short circuit like that, would be cool to see. HAH! Any Rush show would be cool to see, seeing as how I've never been to one unfortunately 

ouch!

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Nov 24 2004, 05:59 PM)
Ummmmmm... am I the only one that is seeing the line "We certainly won't see the inside of a studio before autumn 2005."????

Bad news: No new album until at least 2006.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Nov 24 2004, 05:14 PM)

JUST THINKING....wouldn't it be cool if they announce a farewell tour...they should call it..'a farewell to kings' because they named the actual AFTK tour drive till you die...so it should be a farewell to kings...because Rush are kings!  Just mentioning! tongue.gif  rofl3.gif

<MANHATAN PROJECT>....

I can already see them perform Roll The Bones with a classical orchestra and it scares the whit out of me! ph34r.gif

rofl3.gif

No but seriously, Rush going symphonic would be an interesting twist and definitely worth trying out, if only for a handful of shows -and providing that a dvd

a' la "Symphonic Yes" would be resulting from that experiment!! drool1.gif

As for the new album, well, I can wait until they truly feel inspired enough to go back into the studio...and hopefully make a record in a completely different vein to VT.

I think the symphonic idea is a good one, but would never maske it across the Atlantic. In the event that ever happens, I reckon the forum should block book as many tickets as possible and have our own TRFCon.

I'd seriously consider flying over for that, and a one-off like a symphony tour might just be the perfect backdrop to it.

Just sowing the seeds......

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Dec 3 2004, 12:43 PM)
I think the symphonic idea is a good one, but would never maske it across the Atlantic. In the event that ever happens, I reckon the forum should block book as many tickets as possible and have our own TRFCon.

I'd seriously consider flying over for that, and a one-off like a symphony tour might just be the perfect backdrop to it.

Just sowing the seeds......

If you do that Pooch, can I ask you to speak to my wife on my behalf biggrin.gif

I don't know about the symphony thing. It's been done by just about everybody else.

All I care about right now is new Rush and that obviously will require my patience. sad.gif

If I was them, there's no way I'd want to see a studio or play for a looong time, you know, an intense album, huge tour (it was enough going round a few cities justwatching them!!)

I'd much rather they took time out, got space, had some new experiences to write about and feel than just made another album.

I'm kinda hoping they don't play Europe next time as it'll give me a good excuse to go to NYC - good advise to start smoothing the wives and g'freinds now

Archived