Saga in Toronto Nov. 21

Progfan2

Anyone going to the Saga concert and signing at "Sam the Record Man" on November 21?

Seems like a cool event. Free admission in support of their latest CD "Trust". They are giving away a signed guitar as well. More info to be found on their website:

www.sagaontour.ca

QUOTE (Progfan2 @ Nov 4 2006, 01:57 PM)
Anyone going to the Saga concert and signing at "Sam the Record Man" on November 21?

Seems like a cool event. Free admission in support of their latest CD "Trust". They are giving away a signed guitar as well. More info to be found on their website:

www.sagaontour.ca

Wow. They're still around?

Maybe I'll check them out if they're "on the loose" in my part of the country.

I still dig A Brief Case!

I wish I was in Toronto!

I love SAGA! Especially all the earlier stuff up to the live album "In Transit"

The SPV label has done SAGA some serious justice by reissuing their entire catalog along with their more current releases which are actually back to that progressive pop rock sound like the early Eighties stuff!

I like "Trust!"

They are a very underrated band. Everyone should own "Worlds Apart."

A Cult Prog Classic!

I wonder if I am the only guy in California who digs this band!!

I am sure they will never hit California!

I always wanted to see Saga live!!!

Oh well!!

Hey Progfan2!

I certainly hope you take advantage of this free show and GO!

If you do go could you post the set list on this thread!!

Cheers!!

"Don't Be Late (Chapter 2)" new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

The band is awesome live. They have some clips on sagaontour.ca and a lot is on youtube.

Saga recently played in New York. This Toronto show will feature tunes from "trust" the new CD. The band claims it's there best work in twenty years.

good to see other fans out there. my german brother-in-law hooked me up with 'in transit" back in the day. that got me into them.

sorry 'bout all the lower case. typing one-handed.

I'm glad to see that SAGA have not been forgotten.

They've never been away.

Their new album, " Trust ", is really superb.

Also check out the solo efforts by Michael Sadler " Clear " and Jim Gilmour's" Great Escape " 653.gif 653.gif

Two really good albums in a slightly different vein to SAGA.

Anyone going to see them in Toronto, have a relly good time.

We seem to be lucky over here in Europe and get to see them on a regular basis.

And they seem to get better with age. biggrin.gif

Zyrannix ???

Lower Kingswood???

Any where near Lower Bitton or higher Longwell Green???

Michael Sadler also did some backround vocals for Ozzy on "Bark at the moon" even though he doesn't appear in the credits.

For those who haven't heard Saga in years, check out the sound clips from the new CD "Trust"on the bands website www.sagaontour.ca

The reviews have been the best they've had in twenty years! If this CD was released by a major label it would be very well known. The CD is awesome..............

Mr.Sadler has been invovled in many projects outside of SAGA.

Check out his solo album, " CLEAR ".

You won't regret it.

Check his own site at www.michaelsadler.com

QUOTE (Progfan2 @ Nov 7 2006, 12:16 PM)
Michael Sadler also did some backround vocals for Ozzy on "Bark at the moon" even though he doesn't appear in the credits.

For those who haven't heard Saga in years, check out the sound clips from the new CD "Trust"on the bands website www.sagaontour.ca

The reviews have been the best they've had in twenty years! If this CD was released by a major label it would be very well known. The CD is awesome..............

Actually Michael Sadler appeared on the "No Rest For the Wicked" cd not "Back at the Moon". But you will have to listen real hard to hear him on it. I would not buy it because of Michael.

Saga is planning a US tour very soon. They played NYC recently. Actually Michael lives in the LA area and filmed a solo concert of his at a theater in Hollywood. This is supposed to come out as a solo dvd real soon. I am sure California is in Saga's touring plans.

I didn't know Saga was still around. I remember when they opened for Rush. It was a small venue where you could get tickets by mail only first come, first served. I got tickets but was not close, although there were like 3000 seats. I have one of their albums.

I didn't know Saga was still around. I remember when they opened for Rush. It was a small venue where you could get tickets by mail only first come, first served. I got tickets but was not close, although there were like 3000 seats. I have one of their albums. 

i seen this show with Saga and Rush you speak off - excellent venue

Archived