Suggestions for improving Video Vertigo

Jack Aubrey

If there's anything you want to see in the movie forum, please let me know and I'll do my best to make it happen!

Maybe a 'Trailer Pin' , trailer park, trailer whatever.........similar to the apple/trailers section. If anyone has found a link to a new movie that some of the popular sites don't have, dump it in there.

OR a Rumors link? (No, not Fleetwood Mac)

I don't know....just blabbering right now. It's lunchtime signs015.gif

QUOTE (Relaxed_Jack @ Aug 27 2004, 11:40 AM)
Maybe a 'Trailer Pin' , trailer park, trailer whatever.........similar to the apple/trailers section. If anyone has found a link to a new movie that some of the popular sites don't have, dump it in there.

I don't know....just blabbering right now. It's lunchtime signs015.gif

Trailer Park! I love it! icon_really_happy_guy.gif

And a classic movies thread, too.

QUOTE (BSG @ Aug 27 2004, 12:34 PM)
Trailer Park! I love it! icon_really_happy_guy.gif

And a classic movies thread, too.

OK, start a classic movie thread, then. I command it!

I'm not too sure about the trailer park idea. I like to start new threads whenever a new trailer is posted, that way it gives people opportunities to discuss it. But consolidation does have its merits. I'll think about it. Rumor thread may be coming soon. Stay tuned.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Aug 27 2004, 12:46 PM)

I'm not too sure about the trailer park idea. I like to start new threads whenever a new trailer is posted, that way it gives people opportunities to discuss it. But consolidation does have its merits. I'll think about it. Rumor thread may be coming soon. Stay tuned.

I just love the name "Trailer Park"! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Jack, how 'bout a Spinal Tap thread? One of my all time faves."Why not just make 10 louder?" "Because this one goes to 11" rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

My wife thinks I'm an idiot because I know every line and still laugh my a** off. She didn't think it was funny the 1st time.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Aug 27 2004, 04:26 PM)
Jack, how 'bout a Spinal Tap thread? One of my all time faves."Why not just make 10 louder?" "Because this one goes to 11" rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

My wife thinks I'm an idiot because I know every line and still laugh my a** off. She didn't think it was funny the 1st time.

Because 11 is one more than 10...

My favorite part is Nigel playing the piano ....

I'm really influenced by Mozart and Bach and it's sort of in bwteen really....like a Mach piece

Well, what do you call this? I call this piece "Lick My Love Pump."

QUOTE (Relaxed_Jack @ Aug 27 2004, 04:59 PM)

I'm really influenced by Mozart and Bach and it's sort of in bwteen really....like a Mach piece

An all time classic!!!!!!!! rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Nov 23 2004, 06:59 PM)
I've had a possible idea for another game - how posting a still or screen capture from a film, without making it too obvious and having to guess the film?

Just a thought.

Ask and ye shall receive! Great idea!

The music forum has a "next concert" thread. I don't know about you people, but I see about 20 movies for every 1 concert I go to. We should have a pinned "What're you seeing this week", where people can post what they're going to see, and then review it in the same thread. I know it sounds a little like overkill, as a lot of people start new threads based on movies, but a lot of people in the music thread review concerts in new threads. Just a suggestion.

QUOTE (thestand @ Apr 20 2006, 03:51 PM)
I know it sounds a little like overkill

Yes, it certainly does, but that never has stopped Jack before from creating another ridiculous "pinned" thread. Almost half of the 11 threads haven't been touched in almost 5 months, and only two have been touched in the last month.

Therefore, your suggestion has an excellent chance of becoming reality!

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (thestand @ Apr 20 2006, 04:51 PM)
The music forum has a "next concert" thread. I don't know about you people, but I see about 20 movies for every 1 concert I go to. We should have a pinned "What're you seeing this week", where people can post what they're going to see, and then review it in the same thread. I know it sounds a little like overkill, as a lot of people start new threads based on movies, but a lot of people in the music thread review concerts in new threads. Just a suggestion.

Go ahead and start the thread and I will pin it.

QUOTE (Relaxed_Jack @ Aug 27 2004, 05:59 PM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ Aug 27 2004, 04:26 PM)
Jack, how 'bout a Spinal Tap thread? One of my all time faves."Why not just make 10 louder?"  "Because this one goes to 11" rofl3.gif  rofl3.gif  rofl3.gif

Because 11 is one more than 10...

I love that part too!! I quote from both of those....LSM hasn't seen it but she will!

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Aug 27 2004, 08:32 AM)
If there's anything you want to see in the movie forum, please let me know and I'll do my best to make it happen!

How about a coming soon thread which I can start like I did with the music thread and you could pin it? It's just an idea though. unsure.gif

Zombie movies forum would be nice smile.gif

or maybe quentin tarantino movies

maybe i missed the point....

bolt.gif

maybe like a movies you'd like to see made/remakes that should be made thread. something like that.

Like i don't know how many of ya'll have read Watchmen by Alan Moore, but i'd love to see that develop into a movie.

(rumor is its trying to go into production)

QUOTE (progrush2112 @ Mar 27 2007, 06:52 PM)
maybe like a movies you'd like to see made/remakes that should be made thread. something like that.

Like i don't know how many of ya'll have read Watchmen by Alan Moore, but i'd love to see that develop into a movie.
(rumor is its trying to go into production)

You're welcome to start those threads!

As far as 'Watchmen' is concerned, click here. If you'd like to start a separate thread about it, go right ahead.

P. S. I'm glad someone blew the dust off of the long-neglected suggestion thread. Thanks!

Mrs. H. and Dead Man,

While your posts are very much appreciated, this thread was really meant for suggestions designed to improve this forum. If you want to recommend a movie, start a thread about it, it'll get more attention that way.

Edited to add: if either of you want to start a general thread specifically for recommending movies, you have my blessing. (Not that you have to, it's just a [heh] suggestion.)

Archived