Rush Petitioned To Tour Australia In 2007

robertkincaid96

I saw this today and thought I would pass it along.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rush To Tour Australia in 2007

View Current Signatures - Sign the Petition

To: SRO/ Anthem Entertainment Ray Daniels, Shelly Nott, Geddy Lee. Alex Lifeson Neil Peart

Ray Daniels

Shelly Nott

Geddy Lee

Alex Lifeson

Neil Peart

Rush c/o SRO Anthem Entertainment

189 Carlton Street

Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5A 2K7

Dear Sirs/Madam:

Since 1974, Rush has been a innovative force in Progressive Rock

and Roll Music. Their music has influenced at least 2 generations of

musicicans to become crafted in their talents.

It is the fans of Rush that have made the band's music stand the test of time. Many rush fans have come from all corners of the globe to attend at least one Rush concert in their lifetime, whether it is in Toronto, New York, London, Tokyo, or even Rio De Janero. However, we Rush fans feel that there is another place where Rush fans have been long neglected- Australia, Home of AC/DC, INXS, Kylie Minogue, among other Aussie acts.

It would be gratefully appriciated for Rush fans, not only in Australia, but Worldwide, to see the band embark on along overdue tour of Australia- and possibly New Zealand- in 2007. We look forward with great anticipation for this to occur. We want to thank Geddy, Alex, and Neil for making your music a part of our lives and we will hopefull see you perform in Australia next year.

Thank You,

The International fans of Rush

Sincerely,

Link To Petition

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Signed !

There must be thousands of Aussies and Newzies dying from lack of Rush concerts. Imagine not even having the chance to see Rush...over a thousand bones just to fly to the States or Canada, then they'd have to book accomodations, and get a concert ticket. That's a lot of dough. We all must do the humane thing and sign it. smile.gif

Wait....AC/DC, Kylie Minogue, INXS.......like thats all you have to be proud of....I mean I'll sign it...because everyone should see rush....but surely.....i mean.....thats the best music you have....poor Australia.....

As much as i'd like to see this happen it won't. Rush are basically unknown in Australia. I've heard one song played in 25 years, on the radio, and that was for a hot overseas album type show. Absolutely noone outside of a small handful of musos knows who or what Rush is.

There would be no money in it as they couldn't sell more than 200 tickets.

Bugger.

QUOTE (Gerxt @ Jun 27 2006, 02:38 AM)
As much as i'd like to see this happen it won't. Rush are basically unknown in Australia. I've heard one song played in 25 years, on the radio, and that was for a hot overseas album type show. Absolutely noone outside of a small handful of musos knows who or what Rush is.

Bugger.

I am not sure how a group decides where the tickets will and will not sell. I wish that Rush could have a good sell out there like the Eagles did in Melbourne. I really like the Eagles Farewell 1 Tour they recorded in Australia. The last I checked the DVD went 11 X Platinum. I would have never thought The Eagles would sell out there. I guess people have to survey the market or something to see if fans exist. I do remember Geddy stating something like they had no idea they had so many fans in Rio.

Bugger.

I am not sure how a group decides where the tickets will and will not sell. I wish that Rush could have a good sell out there like the Eagles did in Melbourne. I really like the Eagles Farewell 1 Tour they recorded in Australia. The last I checked the DVD went 11 X Platinum. I would have never thought The Eagles would sell out there. I guess people have to survey the market or something to see if fans exist. I do remember Geddy stating something like they had no idea they had so many fans in Rio.

I would love to see a sellout in OZ as well but it just will not happen. Rush have miniscule record sales in Australia and no recognition at all. The Eagles had a long string of number one hits and large record sales which is why they sold well.

The reason why Geddy didn't realise they had so many fans in Brazil is because they have no record sales there. People pirate the music because of the povery and lack of legal protection of intellectual property there. Australia is not the same.

The simple fact is that they are unknown in OZ.

I would be very happy to see Rush head down under for you fans out that way, but it just wont happen ohmy.gif

The costs alone to play a handful of shows there would be prohibitive and unless they charge 150 bucks a seat, they would lose a ton of money attempting tour dates there.

Hope I am wrong guys, but I just can't see it

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jun 27 2006, 09:47 AM)
Signed !
There must be thousands of Aussies and Newzies dying from lack of Rush concerts. Imagine not even having the chance to see Rush...over a thousand bones just to fly to the States or Canada, then they'd have to book accomodations, and get a concert ticket. That's a lot of dough. We all must do the humane thing and sign it. smile.gif

One of the best things that I have seen here at TRF this year and of course many thanks for finding this and for posting RoberKincaid96.

I agree that there is not much interest here in this country unfortunately but that does not mean that they should never play here. I have met two people this week who used to be RUSH fans around the SIGNALS and MOVING PICTURES era ( early 80's) but lost touch so they are out there in some proportions. Many thanks to JB, Lori and Sundog for signing the petitions so can I ask ALL you fellow TRF er's to sign as well. I just might be Australia's biggest 2.gif fan but I could use a little help laugh.gif Yes it would make for a nice DVD in Australia witha pic of DS and Neal exchanging solos laugh.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jun 28 2006, 09:12 AM)
Does anyone know if any of the guys ever been to Australia for a vacation or a visit?

I think that was one of my first questions that I asked when I joined the TRF board last year I don't know the answer either Test but that would sure be a cool way to meet the boys- hey I got an idea I could take them out surfing laugh.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jun 27 2006, 10:14 AM)
Everybody sign this for different strings!!! 1287.gif

Thanks again for this Test and for everyone else that has signed and NO I haven't had a hand in this DRUM but I would like to shake the persons hand who DID start this rolling and you never know.

Btw I used to know ALL the guys in INXS before they called themselves by this name. They were known as the Farriss Brothers in te late 70's and early eighties and did about 60 percent cover songs they were great then.

QUOTE (different strings @ Jun 29 2006, 08:45 PM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jun 27 2006, 09:47 AM)
Signed !
There must be thousands of Aussies and Newzies dying from lack of Rush concerts.  Imagine not even having the chance to see Rush...over a thousand bones just to fly to the States or Canada, then they'd have to book accomodations, and get a concert ticket.  That's a lot of dough.  We all must do the humane thing and sign it.  smile.gif

One of the best things that I have seen here at TRF this year and of course many thanks for finding this and for posting RoberKincaid96.

I agree that there is not much interest here in this country unfortunately but that does not mean that they should never play here. I have met two people this week who used to be RUSH fans around the SIGNALS and MOVING PICTURES era ( early 80's) but lost touch so they are out there in some proportions. Many thanks to JB, Lori and Sundog for signing the petitions so can I ask ALL you fellow TRF er's to sign as well. I just might be Australia's biggest 2.gif fan but I could use a little help laugh.gif Yes it would make for a nice DVD in Australia witha pic of DS and Neal exchanging solos laugh.gif

No worries ds.

As I've said before, if we have to we should INVADE 1287.gif the western hemisphere & catch some concerts on their next tour. If the gods are with us it'd coincide with Rushcon 7.

Archived