Back By Popular Demand! One Night Only! "YOUR WILDERNESS" OF MIRRORS! THE NEW PORCUPINE THIEF ALBUM RULES! GAVIN HARRISON SAVIOR OF THIS WEAK BAND!

RUSHHEAD666

I pre-ordered this album on the strength of 'No Man's Land'. When I first heard it, I thought, f**k me, that sounds like Gavin Harrison when the drums and bass come in halfway through - and sure enough, it was. I like The Pineapple Thief and I think that this is their best album to date as GH and other guest musicians take them to a new level. However, they are a bit of a one trick pony - they do what they do well, but I would like a bit more variety in their material.
  • Like 1

I've always liked Pineapple Thief more than Porcupine Tree.

I bet you prefer to eat Porcupines rather than Pineapples though. You look like a Porcupine eater!

I have an allergy to pineapple that swells my throat and face.

Porcupines for the win!

I bet you prefer to eat Porcupines rather than Pineapples though. You look like a Porcupine eater!

Porcupines for the win!

You could die!

So... I randomly read someone reccomend Pineapple Theif over on Reddit just a day or two ago. Didn't think much of it. Saw it again here today, so now I'm listening.

Like 3 songs in, I haven't felt this good about a first listen-thru since the first time I heard Frost*-Milliontown. I think I'm really gonna dig this group.

tPT is no Frost. Frost* are at that next tier in pop/crossover prog, especially after Falling Satellites earlier this year (which is when I finally got on board). But I dig their other two albums as well.

I won't even be going back to Your Wilderness. Did my dozen or so listens for the review and into the deleted folder. The first three tracks are good (note GOOD, not great) and the rest are a real mixed bag. Nothing cringe worthy, just a lot of meh.

Edited by stoopid

I think we need to sign up Earl and send him to a Dale Carnegie class just to blow their minds. ;) Somehow I think it would similar to Matt Foley, motivational speaker.

Hahaha! I am flattered and honored by your post! Hell yes I would love to take a Dale Carnegie class!!! Would be epic!!!! I always aced my speech classes and majored in English.

I type like I talk!!

ROCK ON!

• Like 2

Oh and kids. Good luck dating. That's also a game. I've learned this summer that I have tons of game still left in my 48 year old tank, alas, I don't waste my time.

So much drama and bullshit out there. Forget about age. It's just a number. The magic word is TRUST.

How do you trust another human being these days to formulate a relationship that will last forever? My parents did!! Different generation!!!!

Fuckking millennials are going to destroy the country! Not whatever TOOL gets elected into office. "MASTER OF PUPPETS!!" The last great Metallica record.

I'm voting MICHAEL PHELPS FOR PRESIDENT!

Earl where's Wendy??? What's the situation now?

We are amicable dude. I pay her a large check to obtain my freedom and so far it's been worth every fuckking penny this summer! AMEN MUTHA BRUTHA FUCKKA! LOL!

• Like 1

Oh and kids. Good luck dating. That's also a game. I've learned this summer that I have tons of game still left in my 48 year old tank, alas, I don't waste my time.

So much drama and bullshit out there. Forget about age. It's just a number. The magic word is TRUST.

How do you trust another human being these days to formulate a relationship that will last forever? My parents did!! Different generation!!!!

Fuckking millennials are going to destroy the country! Not whatever TOOL gets elected into office. "MASTER OF PUPPETS!!" The last great Metallica record.

I'm voting MICHAEL PHELPS FOR PRESIDENT!

Earl where's Wendy??? What's the situation now?

We are amicable dude. I pay her a large check to obtain my freedom and so far it's been worth every fuckking penny this summer! AMEN MUTHA BRUTHA FUCKKA! LOL!

:LOL: :cheers: :clap:

"Blondes In Black Cars......"

Signed,

AUTOGRAPH

Earl have you ever been on one of these Metal show cruises?

No way buddy! I will never go on a cruise ship! FUKK THAT MAN! Not because I'm scared of the ocean. Heck I love being in the ocean, body surfing and boogie boarding! Was in Maui for two weeks! FANTASTIC! Although a box jellyfish coasted right by my f***ing torso. I almost got stung to death!

Cruise ships are nothing but be metal virus farm systems. One sick human equates to all of them on that tin can. I would be bored shitless too on a cruise ship. Lots of power outages and bullshit on cruises.

No thanks! PASS. I will watch my rock and roll on land!

Saw BOC and Y&T on the beach this summer. AWESOME!

Caught Lionel Richie in South Shore Tahoe. He was off the charts.

ROCK AND ROLL WOMEN AND BEER!!!

Whats new FASTER PUSSYCAT?

• Like 1

God I love blondes.

Have you got a new blonde mate? :hail:

I'm seeing three and one redhead. But since this is on a public forum I will say I'm no ladies man. I'm just good friends with all of them.

I'm still being very picky and very conservative.

So much drama and bullshit man.

I'm going out and having a great time but I am loving my independence.

What's that shitty song by Van Fagar? "BEST OF BOTH WORLDS" BUDDY!

• Like 1

For those of you who are too slow and can't follow my musical intellect the words "just forums and shopping malls!!! And record stores too" was in reference to something that was written on a Blackfield record.....

I never got into Blackfield.

I love the first three records.

"Blondes In Black Cars......"

Signed,

AUTOGRAPH

Earl have you ever been on one of these Metal show cruises?

No way buddy! I will never go on a cruise ship! FUKK THAT MAN! Not because I'm scared of the ocean. Heck I love being in the ocean, body surfing and boogie boarding! Was in Maui for two weeks! FANTASTIC! Although a box jellyfish coasted right by my f***ing torso. I almost got stung to death!

Cruise ships are nothing but be metal virus farm systems. One sick human equates to all of them on that tin can. I would be bored shitless too on a cruise ship. Lots of power outages and bullshit on cruises.

No thanks! PASS. I will watch my rock and roll on land!

Saw BOC and Y&T on the beach this summer. AWESOME!

Caught Lionel Richie in South Shore Tahoe. He was off the charts.

ROCK AND ROLL WOMEN AND BEER!!!

Whats new FASTER PUSSYCAT?

Not to mention a cruise ship is about as METAL as a bunch of pansies taking their pink poodles for walkies in the park!

How are your daughters getting on Earl?? Are they aware of your RUSHHEAD666 persona??

For those of you who are too slow and can't follow my musical intellect the words "just forums and shopping malls!!! And record stores too" was in reference to something that was written on a Blackfield record.....

I never got into Blackfield.

I love the first three records.

I just can't get into them at all!

Earl's been hiding in a Blondes Only Brothel for the last month!

That song by Blue Balls Oyster Cult rings a bell buddy. "THIS AIN'T THE SUMMER OF LOVE!" I saw BOC on the beach in Santa Cruz! They played that song. Saw Y&T there too. Meniketti still rules. I hung with the band afterwards and made amends Pat.

I was talking to a fan near Dave and Dave turned around and told the fan............ "Yes Earl is infamous." CLASSIC BUDDY!

All I'm going to say is that it's good to be alive again and a certain curse has been lifted.

Forget luck man.

It's fuckking fate baby.

Love you Pat!

Just for fun name your ideal 2 hour Blue Oyster Cult setlist.

HAHAHAHA! I've seen BOC so many times Pat I'm actually bored with their set list. The best show was at Slim's. They paid homage to "MIRRORS" and played like four songs off of that record!!!

So I want to hear 4 albums live by BOC!!!

AGENTS

CULTASAURAS

MiRRORS

FIRE

• Like 1

God I love blondes.

I'm seeing three and one redhead. But since this is on a public forum I will say I'm no ladies man. I'm just good friends with all of them.

Where did you meet them Earl, not on Match.com??? Surely it was the local bikers metal bar???

Earl's been hiding in a Blondes Only Brothel for the last month!

That song by Blue Balls Oyster Cult rings a bell buddy. "THIS AIN'T THE SUMMER OF LOVE!" I saw BOC on the beach in Santa Cruz! They played that song. Saw Y&T there too. Meniketti still rules. I hung with the band afterwards and made amends Pat.

I was talking to a fan near Dave and Dave turned around and told the fan............ "Yes Earl is infamous." CLASSIC BUDDY!

All I'm going to say is that it's good to be alive again and a certain curse has been lifted.

Forget luck man.

It's fuckking fate baby.

Love you Pat!

Just for fun name your ideal 2 hour Blue Oyster Cult setlist.

HAHAHAHA! I've seen BOC so many times Pat I'm actually bored with their set list. The best show was at Slim's. They paid homage to "MIRRORS" and played like four songs off of that record!!!

So I want to hear 4 albums live by BOC!!!

AGENTS

CULTASAURAS

MiRRORS

FIRE

They need to do some new albums, they've become a greatest hits band.

Porcupines for the win!

You could die!

Porcupine meat is actually delicious when BBQed correctly.

After you eat you can always use one of those quills as a toothpick! Quite handy! Pun intended

• Like 1

God I love blondes.

I'm not blonde... :(

Hey Baby! It's all good! Perhaps I need a change! Something new something true. Someone who doesn't leave me black n blue............................

That's exactly right Earl you need blue hair!

God I love blondes.

Where did you meet them Earl, not on Match.com??? Surely it was the local bikers metal bar???

Ancient Chinese secret.

Actually I've been very blessed.

Some in different states.

A few here locally.

• Like 1

Porcupines for the win!

You could die!

After you eat you can always use one of those quills as a toothpick! Quite handy! Pun intended

Ted Nugent swears by it!

• Like 1

God I love blondes.

I'm not blonde... :(

Hey Baby! It's all good! Perhaps I need a change! Something new something true. Someone who doesn't leave me black n blue............................

That's exactly right Earl you need blue hair!

How about a redhead? Met one in Vegas.

• Like 1

Porcupines for the win!

You could die!

Ted Nugent swears by it!

HAHAHAHAHA!!! Glad to see you haven't lost your sense of humor either buddy!

• Like 1

God I love blondes.

Ancient Chinese secret.

Actually I've been very blessed.

Some in different states.

A few here locally.

Have you been travelling Earl? New Mexico? Nevada? Washington State? Arizona? Idaho? Utah? Colorado?