Back By Popular Demand! One Night Only! "YOUR WILDERNESS" OF MIRRORS! THE NEW PORCUPINE THIEF ALBUM RULES! GAVIN HARRISON SAVIOR OF THIS WEAK BAND!

RUSHHEAD666

For the few of you on here who care... (I'm being sarcastic) I just want to let you know I haven't been angry, or mad or bored on here. I've just been having one hell of an incredible summer of fun!!!!

Lots of travel. Lots of concerts. Lots of.......... well other stuff. Kind or rhymes with EARLS.

LOL! KIDDING

So anyway a lot of my forum friends on here have been asking where I have been so I figured I would come on here and do a quick record review.

I'm actually FUCKKING SHOCKED that no one else on this so called PROG FORUM has typed about the new Pineapple Thief record. Oh and yes I know new members who are reading my shit. I meant to type PORCUPINE in the title header.

Jesus man, it takes a great fuckkinng drummer like Gavin Harrison to transform a below average boring prog band into something excellent.

I can't stand The Pineapple Thief. Yet these lucky fuckkers were able to get or "STEAL" Gavin's drumming skin services. Even the band was honored by his presence.

Don't knock me. I know my shit and I do my research before posting such babbling banter!!!! LOL!!!!

A poor man's Porcupine Tree lands the time keeper from Porcupine Tree. WOW!

Well, worth it for my ears. Still one could say The Pineapple Thief stole the Porcupine Tree sound to begin with.

I hope some of you fan bois will argue that point with me.

You all know I love a good verbal fight on here.

So....

Before you come on here and type your tripe give the record a listen and lets discuss it.

Otherwise this thread will die a quick death and I will catch you cats in another four months!!

Hope all of my friends on here are doing well!!! I AM AWESOME!!!! BEING SINGLE RULES!!!! IT'S A BLESSING!!!!

To all of the people on here who think I'm a loud mouth drug addict drunk loser, well............

I LOVE YOU TOO!

KILLING YOU ASSHOLES WITH KINDNESS!!!! HAHAHA!!!

"YOUR WILDERNESS" WAS QUIET FOR MANY MONTHS!!! BUT THIS BULL IS BACK INSIDE THE RUSH FORUM CHINA SHOP FOR ONE MORE ROUND!!!

Cheers MOTHER F'ERS!

PROG ON!!!!

RUSH IS DEAD!!

KISS RULES LUCAS!!! THIS THREAD IS FOR YOU!!!

CAPS ON!!!! SCREAMING FOR VENGENCE!!!!

I bought the KISS LIVE IN VEGAS JAPAN BOX SET!!! COMES WITH A HOODY!!!!!

VINYL AND KISS MASKS TOO!!

KILLER SHIT!!!

ROCK WILL NEVER DIE!!

JUST FORUMS AND SHOPPING MALLS!!!!

AND RECORD STORES TOO!!!!

Sounds like something Steven Wilson would write............

• Like 4

Learn your music first. Then get in the game kids. Hunting down music is an endless game. Do you want to play a game???

You see, I know a few on here who get me and can match me and actually stump me.

TREEDUCK!!!!

I MISS YOU BROTHER!!!!!

• Like 2

Oh and kids. Good luck dating. That's also a game. I've learned this summer that I have tons of game still left in my 48 year old tank, alas, I don't waste my time.

So much drama and bullshit out there. Forget about age. It's just a number. The magic word is TRUST.

How do you trust another human being these days to formulate a relationship that will last forever? My parents did!! Different generation!!!!

Fuckking millennials are going to destroy the country! Not whatever TOOL gets elected into office. "MASTER OF PUPPETS!!" The last great Metallica record.

I'm voting MICHAEL PHELPS FOR PRESIDENT!

Earl's been hiding in a Blondes Only Brothel for the last month!

That song by Blue Balls Oyster Cult rings a bell buddy. "THIS AIN'T THE SUMMER OF LOVE!" I saw BOC on the beach in Santa Cruz! They played that song. Saw Y&T there too. Meniketti still rules. I hung with the band afterwards and made amends Pat.

I was talking to a fan near Dave and Dave turned around and told the fan............ "Yes Earl is infamous." CLASSIC BUDDY!

All I'm going to say is that it's good to be alive again and a certain curse has been lifted.

Forget luck man.

It's fuckking fate baby.

Love you Pat!

• Like 1

I've always liked Pineapple Thief more than Porcupine Tree.

When I was on Instagram their band page was liking a lot of my posts, and I wasn't sure if it was out a sort of passion and genuine interest of other prog rock fans or if it was a promotional tool... Probably both :huh:

I've only listened to one song of theirs and it was okay. I have a lot of other prog rock bands to get around to though :unsure:

• Like 2

I'm in the process of reviewing this album right now. Agree about Gavin's presence breathing life into the band. Unfortunately my patience for PT clones is wearing thin and this outfit really doesn't offer much in terms of virtuosity or cleverness. If anything I'm disappointed as I kinda expected this could be their breakthrough album in terms of prog cred.

Fwiw - I didn't even know Gavin was playing until I read it later. First pass through the album i picked up on his style (especially his cymbal playing/use). He's quite a unique, skilled drummer.

Edited by stoopid
  • Like 1

I think we need to sign up Earl and send him to a Dale Carnegie class just to blow their minds. ;) Somehow I think it would similar to Matt Foley, motivational speaker. Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 1

Oh and kids. Good luck dating. That's also a game. I've learned this summer that I have tons of game still left in my 48 year old tank, alas, I don't waste my time.

So much drama and bullshit out there. Forget about age. It's just a number. The magic word is TRUST.

How do you trust another human being these days to formulate a relationship that will last forever? My parents did!! Different generation!!!!

Fuckking millennials are going to destroy the country! Not whatever TOOL gets elected into office. "MASTER OF PUPPETS!!" The last great Metallica record.

I'm voting MICHAEL PHELPS FOR PRESIDENT!

Earl where's Wendy??? What's the situation now?

For those of you who are too slow and can't follow my musical intellect the words "just forums and shopping malls!!! And record stores too" was in reference to something that was written on a Blackfield record.....

I never got into Blackfield.

Learn your music first. Then get in the game kids. Hunting down music is an endless game. Do you want to play a game???

You see, I know a few on here who get me and can match me and actually stump me.

TREEDUCK!!!!

I MISS YOU BROTHER!!!!!

Hey Earl!

:cheers: :ebert:

• Like 1

Earl's been hiding in a Blondes Only Brothel for the last month!

That song by Blue Balls Oyster Cult rings a bell buddy. "THIS AIN'T THE SUMMER OF LOVE!" I saw BOC on the beach in Santa Cruz! They played that song. Saw Y&T there too. Meniketti still rules. I hung with the band afterwards and made amends Pat.

I was talking to a fan near Dave and Dave turned around and told the fan............ "Yes Earl is infamous." CLASSIC BUDDY!

All I'm going to say is that it's good to be alive again and a certain curse has been lifted.

Forget luck man.

It's fuckking fate baby.

Love you Pat!

Just for fun name your ideal 2 hour Blue Oyster Cult setlist.

So... I randomly read someone reccomend Pineapple Theif over on Reddit just a day or two ago. Didn't think much of it. Saw it again here today, so now I'm listening.

Like 3 songs in, I haven't felt this good about a first listen-thru since the first time I heard Frost*-Milliontown. I think I'm really gonna dig this group.

• Like 1