New Metallica song out !

toscanobarga

Well, I WAS excited about it, but it seems a bit meh. Another ship that has sailed I think.

New album will be 80 minutes long ? Seriously ? They're lucky if they have 40 good minutes let alone 80, not EVERYTHING is worthy of being released. That's what was so great about 70s/Early 80s albums. 36-44 good minutes, none of this "I have to fill up the CD" crap, double albums were for the true glut of good material (for the most part).

• Like 1

Well, I WAS excited about it, but it seems a bit meh. Another ship that has sailed I think.

New album will be 80 minutes long ? Seriously ? They're lucky if they have 40 good minutes let alone 80, not EVERYTHING is worthy of being released. That's what was so great about 70s/Early 80s albums. 36-44 good minutes, none of this "I have to fill up the CD" crap, double albums were for the true glut of good material (for the most part).

Link? Song title? Album release date?

• Like 1

I thought this was a forum to express opinions ? If you can't handle negative posts this is the wrong place to be ! But sure, Im the one that needs to grow up.

:)

Having an opinion is not the issue. The fact that you would create a thread just to bash something is what doesn't make sense to me. I just don't understand the point of that.

• Like 4

I didn't get into Metallica with the first four albums. I didn't get into Metallica with the Black Album. I got into Metallica with the song "Hero of the Day", which I think is fabulous. With that said, I like the new song. I think the lyrics stretch it a bit, but the music is good. What is one expecting? It gets the ReRushed seal of approval.
  • Like 2

Why create a thread if all you're gonna do is crap on the band? Seriously, grow up.

The new album is out november 18th and is called Hardwired...To Self Destruct.

Here's the new song

That's pretty darned thrashy for modern-day Metallica.

• Like 7

I thought this was a forum to express opinions ? If you can't handle negative posts this is the wrong place to be ! But sure, Im the one that needs to grow up.

Having an opinion is not the issue. The fact that you would create a thread just to bash something is what doesn't make sense to me. I just don't understand the point of that.

So if someone else started the thread and I "bashed" it by calling it a bit meh that would be ok ?

I thought the idea was to start a thread on music topics, or did I miss the memo that said all thread starts must only express a positive opinion ?

hqdefault.jpg

Me either

• Like 2

Why create a thread if all you're gonna do is crap on the band? Seriously, grow up.

The new album is out november 18th and is called Hardwired...To Self Destruct.

Here's the new song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhBHL3v4d3I

Dude I'm digging this. It's freaking thrash.
  • Like 4

Pure thrash without delving into a thousand riffs, melodic outros, or proggy changes. Simple and effective.

Yep! Pure is a great word to describe it. Vibe is intense and Hetfield is snarling. Hopefully they put as much passion as Megadeth did with Dystopia
  • Like 1

Sounds amazing to my ears!

One play and I am in love!

Lyrics are meh but I don't care.

9/10

• Like 4

I like it but don't know how they have 80 minutes of music with solos that long. More Kirk!!!

My thoughts are a bit different. I didn't think the song needed a solo, especially that solo. Weakest part of the song. It's a throwaway. Anybody else concur?
  • Like 2

I like it but don't know how they have 80 minutes of music with solos that long. More Kirk!!!

My thoughts are a bit different. I didn't think the song needed a solo, especially that solo. Weakest part of the song. It's a throwaway. Anybody else concur?

And I'll say it again!

Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 2

It's pretty good. Nice to see good new music from them.

Now, if I can only remember my Napster log in

• Like 2

And I'll say it again!

Doctor do you concur??

• Like 1

Like the new song better than Lords of Bummer... Straight ahead thrasher and they didn't stretch it out to six minutes plus just because. Looking forward to this! Oh. get Pus Head on the horn cause that artwork sucks!!!!
  • Like 1