New Metallica song out !

toscanobarga

Pure thrash without delving into a thousand riffs, melodic outros, or proggy changes. Simple and effective.

Yep! Pure is a great word to describe it. Vibe is intense and Hetfield is snarling.

Does he do a "YEAH-YEAH"?

I like it but don't know how they have 80 minutes of music with solos that long. More Kirk!!!

My thoughts are a bit different. I didn't think the song needed a solo, especially that solo. Weakest part of the song. It's a throwaway. Anybody else concur?

Disembodied Spirit beat me to it! Edited by goose

Death Magnetic was the best thing since ride the lightning. This sounds like more of the same,.so.hell to the yeah!

Wow...never heard this level of praise before for DM!

Death Magnetic was the best thing since ride the lightning. This sounds like more of the same,.so.hell to the yeah!

When I first heard it I listened to it from beginning to end and just sat there sorta stunned. It was like a wild car chase with all that energy, not like ANYTHING they'd done in 30 years.

• Like 1

I loved the new song, and Lords of Summer was pretty good, too.

It reminds me of something Anthrax would do, it's pretty good especially for *new* Metallica!

• Like 2

They sound pissed again

Lars noticed his hairline and the rest noticed Lars' playing the past 20 years.

• Like 3

When I first heard it I listened to it from beginning to end and just sat there sorta stunned. It was like a wild car chase with all that energy, not like ANYTHING they'd done in 30 years.

I think it's an incredible work as well so no arguments from me!

Even the production has a sort of so burnt it fits kind of vibe, like Vapor Trails.

Better than any release post Justice.

I would rank it maybe...third?

1. Justice

2. Puppets

3. DM

But I like everything they've done.

• Like 2

Remember, they haven't released an album in 8 years. 8 years. 80 minutes of music is not something to be concerned about.

The entire recording history of The Beatles happened in 8 years.

Yep. And a band as talented and creative as Metallica should have no problem releasing 80 minutes of music, especially after 8 years.

• Like 1

I like it but don't know how they have 80 minutes of music with solos that long. More Kirk!!!

My thoughts are a bit different. I didn't think the song needed a solo, especially that solo. Weakest part of the song. It's a throwaway. Anybody else concur?

IMO, soloing is cliche and over rated. It's not a necessary part of a song and it's often just put in out of bad habit and forced. If it flows with the song or the song properly and melodically builds to it (stairway to heaven I know, hangs head in shame) then all the better. But if it's awkward and forced like Love Gun. . Hey, Ace, nevermind...

• Like 1

Actually James even sounds a LITTLE like Mustaine in parts. I can't explain it but I hear it.