New Metallica song out !

toscanobarga

That song is terrible. Just...ugh. Wow.

I bought Death Magnetic a while back when it came out because people were saying they were better. Nope.

Megadeth is another band that's hit or miss for me too. i don't find them nearly as flawless a band as some do.

Mick

Erm...I think thrash is for the most part trash

me too.

can't say it takes no talent cause that's wrong. but Thrash never gave me a thrill beyond it's face value. meaning fun at first.......wears off fast.

Mick

I bought Death Magnetic a while back when it came out because people were saying they were better. Nope.

Megadeth is another band that's hit or miss for me too. i don't find them nearly as flawless a band as some do.

Mick

me too.

can't say it takes no talent cause that's wrong. but Thrash never gave me a thrill beyond it's face value. meaning fun at first.......wears off fast.

Mick

To be honest...I don't think it takes much talent...it nearly all sounds exactly the same.

• Like 1

Mick

me too.

Mick

To be honest...I don't think it takes much talent...it nearly all sounds exactly the same.

it's like classic punk for me.

Mick

Mick

me too.

Mick

I agree 100%.

• Like 2

Mick

me too.

Mick

I agree 100%.

Another thing we have in common! Lol

Mick

me too.

Mick

it's like classic punk for me.

Mick

Only punk has more variety...thrash is all just stuck in one groove.

Listening to Dystopia by Megadeth...it wipes the floor with anything Metallica have done for over 30 years.

Mustaine never fully got that chip off his shoulder after Metallica let him go. He's still got that anger and drive to show everyone that he's better than them. With Megadeth you can hear that what they do is genuine still. As much as I like Metallica, if they recorded something like Dystopia it would come off very fake and forced.

Plus i think mustaine is just way more "out there". He seems to really be into the whole conspiracy theory thing for real and a little paranoid irl. I like that in my metal, lol

• Like 3

Metallica is one of the worst bands ever since Cliff passed away.

What a sad moment in time.

Mustiane left and Burton passed away.

Yet this shit band was able to still keep it going.

Good for them.

They still suck ass.

The last time I saw Metallica play live was for FREE!

Yep! South Shield RAIDER PARKING LOT!! AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! TITANS RAIDERS!

METALLICA pulled up in a fuckking trailer. The side of it opened like a fuckking garage door and they played for about 30 minutes!

I will say it was incredible.

James and Kirk were in their Raider jerseys!

I will never ever pay to see them again so it's fitting my last time seeing them was free.

They truly are the most boring THRASH METAL band in the world. Wait what? THRASH?

THEY ARE POP!

GIVE ME DEATH ANGEL!!!!!

FUCKK METALLICA!! FUKK LARS ULRICH!

:cheers:

One of the best bands ever!!

Not since the 80s.....it all went Pete Tong with the Black Album...Nothing else Matters...urgh!

And that seems to be the song that a lot of these crappy "classic rock" radio stations play.

yeah...ugh

It's interesting hearing you mention MOP....I remember when it came out not liking the guitar tone, as I thought RTL was sonically brilliant, but I have revised my opinion over the years...If I were to put my finger on it, it would be the fact that the bass is buried in the mix, thus the guitars lack a certain bottom end.

Didn't they mix the bass completely off of ...And Justice for All?

Yes, it was the ridiculous descision to "haze" Jason Newsted, as if it was his fault Cliff died....the album really suffered because of it.

Is that why he left the band?

He left the band because the treated him like crap. At least that's the impression I got watching the documentary. They are a-holes, but I do like their music.

I wonder why the other guy joined/stays then? Money?

Have you seen him? Rob would kick their f***ing asses in. :D

Metallica is one of my favorite bands! They are not a joke Treeduck!

Maybe not to you but to me they certainly are.

Why do you think they are a joke?

Bad songs, poor musicianship, fake heaviness, they're like a bad metal parody band to me. I got Master of Puppets when it came out in 1986 and I wanted to like it but it just didn't happen. I ended up burying it in the far field. I had to have it gone from my sight it bothered me...

There songs are great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not to my ears.

I am surprised you don't like their old stuff. Like up through Justice? That stuff was pretty good. After that, not so much.

I tried but it just didn't work for me.

Fair enough.

Who do you see winning the big middleweight world title fight in a couple of weeks?

which one? Golovkin vs Brook? Gotta take Golovkin. Jacobs vs mora rematch? Probably Jacobs.

One vid , 9 pages of debate lol. Imagine when the album comes out

Somehow they have always generated this knd of debate, pro or con

• Like 2

Bad songs, poor musicianship, fake heaviness, they're like a bad metal parody band to me. I got Master of Puppets when it came out in 1986 and I wanted to like it but it just didn't happen. I ended up burying it in the far field. I had to have it gone from my sight it bothered me...

Not to my ears.

I am surprised you don't like their old stuff. Like up through Justice? That stuff was pretty good. After that, not so much.

Fair enough.

Who do you see winning the big middleweight world title fight in a couple of weeks?

which one? Golovkin vs Brook? Gotta take Golovkin. Jacobs vs mora rematch? Probably Jacobs.

Look out for the big upset in the Triple G vs Brook fight, Brook is gonna give this guy a boxing lesson and knock him out. Jacobs v Mora is irrelevant, Jacobs should be fighting Triple G or Canelo or even Saunders not rematching Mora.

I often wonder why people talk about Metallica like they are still a thrash band though. They haven't been that in 25 years.

They haven't been metal in 25 years! They're a "classic rock" band now.

The new song is classic rock? :D

Listen I don't even know what classic rock is, I don't use the term. All the so-called "classic rock" bands have been lumped into that category from whatever genre they were in.

• Like 1

Listening to Dystopia by Megadeth...it wipes the floor with anything Metallica have done for over 30 years.

really? I thought it was god awful. I also thought Load, Reload and Stanger were god awful, too so I'm not defending a big swath of Metallica's work here.

I just thought it was not Dave's best work, and I like a lot of his work.

I don't do tge whole Megadeath/Metallica fued thing.

I wish Dave weren't such a cock and a sociopath so he could get along with others. Maybe that three album abortion Metallica put out in the 90s would have never happened.

It's funny, to this.day Dave still.seems like he belongs in Metallica and Kirk always seemed like he was and is Satriani's guitar tech :)

But back on topic and this is only my opinion because music is.subjective. if it weren't, Chris Daughtry would be pumping gas or septic tanks in Memphis. I just found Dystopia flat. I was a huge fan of Death Magnetic and believe me, if it was another lame assed album, I'd have washed my hands of them forever. But I put DM in their top 5.

I often wonder why people talk about Metallica like they are still a thrash band though. They haven't been that in 25 years.

Listen I don't even know what classic rock is, I don't use the term. All the so-called "classic rock" bands have been lumped into that category from whatever genre they were in.

classic rock is another term, just like progressive rock that I refuse to use. Mostly, I hate labeling music by niches and genres, because most of the time, bands don't fit in them. Maybe a song or an album does, but most bands tend to refine their sound...save AC/DC, over time.

classic rock is another term, just like progressive rock that I refuse to use. Mostly, I hate labeling music by niches and genres, because most of the time, bands don't fit in them. Maybe a song or an album does, but most bands tend to refine their sound...save AC/DC, over time.

Except for METAL! :haz:

• Like 1

Not to my ears.

Fair enough.

Look out for the big upset in the Triple G vs Brook fight, Brook is gonna give this guy a boxing lesson and knock him out. Jacobs v Mora is irrelevant, Jacobs should be fighting Triple G or Canelo or even Saunders not rematching Mora.

I agree. Hopefully Jacobs will meet the winner of Triple G/Brook to unify the title.

Brook has put on a lot of weight for this fight. Not sure he will be able to outbox GGG for 12 rounds at that weight. It slows you down and really pushes conditioning. GGG will wear him down and overpower him.

Not to my ears.

Fair enough.

I agree. Hopefully Jacobs will meet the winner of Triple G/Brook to unify the title.

Brook has put on a lot of weight for this fight. Not sure he will be able to outbox GGG for 12 rounds at that weight. It slows you down and really pushes conditioning. GGG will wear him down and overpower him.

He hasn't actually put any weight on at all. 176 is what he weighs normally 30 days before a fight at 147. This time he only has to make 160 so he's going to be a lot better than normal.

Triple G is going to get pushed back and taken to school before getting knocked out cold in the 9th. Take my word for it.