New Metallica song out !

toscanobarga

as far as better thrash, I gravitate towards darker, more satanic shit anyway, and even for "technical" stuff I prefer a group like voivod over AJFA or something.

testament are a decent group but have always reminded me of a 2nd rate metallica, oddly enough.

I like sodom, destruction, possessed, morbid saint, kreator...I love a ton of thrash though, not just dark shit but I generally am more into raw production styles and "gruff" vocals... I think the best slayer records are their first two. I'm into hellhammer, sarcofago, I think the best sepultura record is their debut...

I dig DRI, the first two corrosion of conformity records... I do like a good bit of the well-produced flashy technical thrash like heathen and toxik and of course megadeth but again nowadays I mainly want to hear very dark thrash. I still listen to and love shit like exodus and anthrax and death angel from time to time though

dark angel's darkness descends is worth looking into if you think reign in blood could be just a little bit heavier

Why create a thread if all you're gonna do is crap on the band? Seriously, grow up.

The new album is out november 18th and is called Hardwired...To Self Destruct.

Here's the new song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhBHL3v4d3I

That's pretty darned thrashy for modern-day Metallica.

The lyrics are terrible but the music has a bit of old school in it.

Not sure what I think yet.

Metallica is one of my favorite bands! They are not a joke Treeduck!

Maybe not to you but to me they certainly are.

Why do you think they are a joke?

Bad songs, poor musicianship, fake heaviness, they're like a bad metal parody band to me. I got Master of Puppets when it came out in 1986 and I wanted to like it but it just didn't happen. I ended up burying it in the far field. I had to have it gone from my sight it bothered me...

There songs are great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not to my ears.

I am surprised you don't like their old stuff. Like up through Justice? That stuff was pretty good. After that, not so much.

Bad songs, poor musicianship, fake heaviness, they're like a bad metal parody band to me. I got Master of Puppets when it came out in 1986 and I wanted to like it but it just didn't happen. I ended up burying it in the far field. I had to have it gone from my sight it bothered me...

Not to my ears.

I am surprised you don't like their old stuff. Like up through Justice? That stuff was pretty good. After that, not so much.

I tried but it just didn't work for me.

Oh and I will never grow up so yes, I love when members create a thread to bash something. METALLICA is one of the most overrated, commercial hard pop bands on the planet with one of the worst drummers in the world!!

Once Cliff Burton passed this band was OVER.

MetallicaTV.

Says the Dokken, Ratt fan...tell me...how are they less mainstream and generic than Metallica?

I think the issue Earl has with Tallica is they still have the image of a bad ass thrash metal band from the 80s but they lost their edge some time ago. Unlike bands like Slayer and Anthrax, Tallica changed direction the most.. Not a bad thing, but I don't look at them the same the way I did back in 86 when I first heard MOP..

People mature, as does their music.. Some folks can't seem to deal with that for some reason. It's part of the Rush debate all the time as well
  • Like 1

Not to my ears.

Fair enough.

Not to my ears.

Fair enough.

Who do you see winning the big middleweight world title fight in a couple of weeks?

Oh and I will never grow up so yes, I love when members create a thread to bash something. METALLICA is one of the most overrated, commercial hard pop bands on the planet with one of the worst drummers in the world!!

MetallicaTV.

Says the Dokken, Ratt fan...tell me...how are they less mainstream and generic than Metallica?

Jesus Christ man! It's too late for this shit! I need to go to bed!!! HOW DARE YOU COMPARE DOKKEN AND RATT TO METALLICAN'TDOSHIT!!!! ARE YOU FUCKKING SERIOUS????

RATT RELEASED AN EP AND THEN FIVE PERECT ALBUMS.

DOKKEN RELEASED AN EP AND THEN RELEASED FIVE KICK ASS RECORDS!!!!! WTF??? YOU ARE JUST TRYING TO GET A RISE OUT OF ME!!! LOL!

Dude....

METALLICA had three EPIC records. "AND JUSTICE FOR ALL" was OK but badly produced. "THE BLACK ALBUM" was pure MTV!!!

Hmmmmmm really???

GEORGE LYNCH AND WARREN DIMARTINI BLOW KIRK HAMMETT THE FUKK AWAY! ARE YOU KIDDING ME??

DAVE MUSTIANE WROTE MOST OF "KILL EM ALL" AND EVEN HE BLOWS HAMMETT AWAY!!

HATFIELD IS A HACK!!!

JUST LIKE LARS!!! LOL!!!

You kids need to wake the fuckk up.

Go listen to your Rush records until they melt in the sun.

Metallica and Cheap Trick are two of the worst bands on the planet.

Dokken and RATT RULE!

Even Motley Crue is better! LOL!

Give me some POISON to kill myself to.....

Signed,

"Something To Believe In"

Talk Dirty To Me Metallica pussies!!!

Metallica is one of the worst bands ever since Cliff passed away.

What a sad moment in time.

Mustiane left and Burton passed away.

Yet this shit band was able to still keep it going.

Good for them.

They still suck ass.

The last time I saw Metallica play live was for FREE!

Yep! South Shield RAIDER PARKING LOT!! AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! TITANS RAIDERS!

METALLICA pulled up in a fuckking trailer. The side of it opened like a fuckking garage door and they played for about 30 minutes!

I will say it was incredible.

James and Kirk were in their Raider jerseys!

I will never ever pay to see them again so it's fitting my last time seeing them was free.

They truly are the most boring THRASH METAL band in the world. Wait what? THRASH?

THEY ARE POP!

GIVE ME DEATH ANGEL!!!!!

FUCKK METALLICA!! FUKK LARS ULRICH!

• Like 1

MetallicaTV.

Jesus Christ man! It's too late for this shit! I need to go to bed!!! HOW DARE YOU COMPARE DOKKEN AND RATT TO METALLICAN'TDOSHIT!!!! ARE YOU FUCKKING SERIOUS????

RATT RELEASED AN EP AND THEN FIVE PERECT ALBUMS.

DOKKEN RELEASED AN EP AND THEN RELEASED FIVE KICK ASS RECORDS!!!!! WTF??? YOU ARE JUST TRYING TO GET A RISE OUT OF ME!!! LOL!

Dude....

METALLICA had three EPIC records. "AND JUSTICE FOR ALL" was OK but badly produced. "THE BLACK ALBUM" was pure MTV!!!

Hmmmmmm really???

GEORGE LYNCH AND WARREN DIMARTINI BLOW KIRK HAMMETT THE FUKK AWAY! ARE YOU KIDDING ME??

DAVE MUSTIANE WROTE MOST OF "KILL EM ALL" AND EVEN HE BLOWS HAMMETT AWAY!!

HATFIELD IS A HACK!!!

JUST LIKE LARS!!! LOL!!!

You kids need to wake the fuckk up.

Go listen to your Rush records until they melt in the sun.

Metallica and Cheap Trick are two of the worst bands on the planet.

Dokken and RATT RULE!

Even Motley Crue is better! LOL!

Give me some POISON to kill myself to.....

Signed,

"Something To Believe In"

Talk Dirty To Me Metallica pussies!!!

You know what makes me a dirty rotten hypocrite?

I actually love Dokken and Ratt more than I ever have Metallica hahaha

I thought about it this morning...I am not sure why I defend Metallica so much when I don't own a thing by them but own ten albums between Dokken and Ratt and love them all!

Listening to Dystopia by Megadeth...it wipes the floor with anything Metallica have done for over 30 years.

Mustaine never fully got that chip off his shoulder after Metallica let him go. He's still got that anger and drive to show everyone that he's better than them. With Megadeth you can hear that what they do is genuine still. As much as I like Metallica, if they recorded something like Dystopia it would come off very fake and forced.

• Like 4

Well like i said i like the song but upon listening again......it's still not enough to make me want to buy the album.

Meaning i still haven't bought an album from then since the Black album. I'd borrow the others from friends.......just to see if they had come back, lol.

really i haven't liked a thing by them since the black album.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

I'm more excited by the new Sonata Arctica to be honest.

I never thought I'd ever say that haha!

That song is terrible. Just...ugh. Wow.

I bought Death Magnetic a while back when it came out because people were saying they were better. Nope.

• Like 1

I bought Death Magnetic a while back when it came out because people were saying they were better. Nope.

Megadeth is another band that's hit or miss for me too. i don't find them nearly as flawless a band as some do.

Mick

• Like 1

Megadeth is another band that's hit or miss for me too. i don't find them nearly as flawless a band as some do.

Mick

Erm...I think thrash is for the most part trash

• Like 2