#PubicLice

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 JohnRogers

JohnRogers

Holy Tai Shan!!!

• Members *
  • 28019 posts
  • Interests:American Muscle/Sports cars, Movies, New York City Subway, Cigar Lounges

Posted 16 August 2016 - 08:42 PM

The book is popular amongst my friends. I have downloaded it but not read much. My understanding is :rush: music is prominently mentioned in the book. The book is now being made into a film by Disney and helmed by Spielberg.

Have you read it??? Do you think Disney will sprinkle :rush: tunes aboot the soundtrack? If :rush: music is absent from the film will that taint the film in your opinion?

Sponsored Post

#2 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

The Ghost Rider

• Members *
  • 32112 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 03:18 AM

http://www.rushisaba...line-talks-Rush

Haven't read it but I know of it.

Oh, "yes" I think there will be some Rush in there somewhere. But it'd likely just be lightly sprinkled in there...similar to how Tom Sawyer was in Small Soldiers. John Williams is providing the soundtrack so I can't imagine there being too many Rush tunes in it.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze, 17 August 2016 - 03:22 AM.

#3 Super25Smasher

Super25Smasher

The Oracle

• Members *
  • 10515 posts
  • Interests:Classic Rock, Punk Rock, Alternative Rock/Grunge, Metal, Classic Video Games, Playing Bass Guitar

Posted 17 August 2016 - 01:37 PM

I love this book, and can't wait for the movie.

#4 ytserush

ytserush

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4297 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 06:24 PM

A friend of mine keeps trying to get me into the book and now the movie. I won't have any of it.

#5 JohnRogers

JohnRogers

Holy Tai Shan!!!

• Members *
  • 28019 posts
  • Interests:American Muscle/Sports cars, Movies, New York City Subway, Cigar Lounges

Posted 19 August 2016 - 11:14 PM

I've decided to finish the book in case the movie doesn't have enough :rush: references in it.

#6 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

The Ghost Rider

• Members *
  • 32112 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 01:36 AM

View Postytserush, on 19 August 2016 - 06:24 PM, said:

A friend of mine keeps trying to get me into the book and now the movie. I won't have any of it.
:lol: why not?

#7 robertrobyn

robertrobyn

Positive attitude, positive results

• Members
  • 1808 posts
  • Interests:Rush and More Rush!! Collecting Rush Stuff!!! My Family!

Posted 21 August 2016 - 02:08 PM

I started and it is in my stack of books on nightstand. Isnt S Spielberg directing??

#8 ytserush

ytserush

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4297 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 05:35 PM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 20 August 2016 - 01:36 AM, said:

View Postytserush, on 19 August 2016 - 06:24 PM, said:

:lol: why not?

Not a comic book guy.
Not a gaming guy.
Not a Disney.guy.

And gratuitous Rush references usually don't do much for me either. (see Kevin J. Anderson)

I do have Red Star: Sacred Cities but I never read it.

#9 JohnRogers

JohnRogers

Holy Tai Shan!!!

• Members *
  • 28019 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 02:13 PM

The trailer for the film has dropped. I was worried the band was not involved. A little more than halfway through a smile came across my face.
http://movieweb.com/...-movie-trailer/

#10 Union 5-3992

Union 5-3992

A Pale Boy with only Half a Brain

• Members *
  • 22200 posts
  • Location:The rich and sunny planet Ursa Minor Beta (or Bradford PA)

Posted 22 July 2017 - 02:20 PM

I read the book 2 months ago so I'm looking forward to it. I hope they leave in the planet of Syrinx

#11 JARG

JARG

Pinky Moe

• Members *
  • 20586 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, guitar playing

Posted 22 July 2017 - 03:02 PM

View PostJohnRogers, on 16 August 2016 - 08:42 PM, said:

The book is popular amongst my friends. I have downloaded it but not read much. My understanding is :rush: music is prominently mentioned in the book. The book is now being made into a film by Disney and helmed by Spielberg.

Have you read it??? Do you think Disney will sprinkle :rush: tunes aboot the soundtrack? If :rush: music is absent from the film will that taint the film in your opinion?

It's really kicking my ass. I'm having a hard time feeling the rhythm correctly, which is a frequent occurrence when I work on Jeremy's songs. I'll get there, though. I've already laid some some "Distant Early Warning" sounding stuff.

#12 JohnRogers

JohnRogers

Holy Tai Shan!!!

• Members *
  • 28019 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 04:47 PM

View PostJARG, on 22 July 2017 - 03:02 PM, said:

It's really kicking my ass. I'm having a hard time feeling the rhythm correctly, which is a frequent occurrence when I work on Jeremy's songs. I'll get there, though. I've already laid some some "Distant Early Warning" sounding stuff.
Wrong thread?

#13 JohnRogers

JohnRogers

Holy Tai Shan!!!

• Members *
  • 28019 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 07:49 PM

The trailer, like the novel, is packed with pop culture references...to the main character's love of the prog band Rush.
http://www.rollingst...kbuster-w493633

#14 JARG

JARG

Pinky Moe

• Members *
  • 20586 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 12:20 PM

View PostJohnRogers, on 22 July 2017 - 04:47 PM, said:

View PostJARG, on 22 July 2017 - 03:02 PM, said:

Wrong thread?
Jeremy has a song called, you guessed it, Ready Player One, and I'm doing the guitar tracks for it.

#15 ThinkingBig

ThinkingBig

Rushaholic

• Members *
  • 1612 posts
  • Interests:Family.

RUSH, movies, books, and politics.

Trying vegatable gardening.

Posted 23 July 2017 - 05:40 PM

Alex Geddy & Neil are characters in the book -- helping he main character win the game.

There's an entire chapter devoted to 2112.

If Rush is not in the movie, we boycott.

#16 ThinkingBig

ThinkingBig

Rushaholic

• Members *
  • 1612 posts
  • Interests:Family.

RUSH, movies, books, and politics.

Trying vegatable gardening.

Posted 23 July 2017 - 05:46 PM

If you weren't 13 in 1980-1985, not sure the books resonates.

I played Tomb of Horrors, Tempest, and every video game in the book -- with QUARTERS.

Just like Rush is the soundtrack to my life, the book is about a massive video game in a future dystopia. The game represents the fondest memories of my youth.

Like listening to people who weren't even born in 1977 talk about what Star Wars should and shouldn't be... it's not your movie.

#17 Alexmai

Alexmai

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 522 posts
  • Interests:Everything!

Posted 24 July 2017 - 02:01 AM

It looks like the movie will have massive Rush references... http://www.shmoop.co...27-summary.html is a spoiler, but it will clear how massive ;)

#18 JohnRogers

JohnRogers

Holy Tai Shan!!!

• Members *
  • 28019 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 08:25 AM

View PostAlexmai, on 24 July 2017 - 02:01 AM, said:

It looks like the movie will have massive Rush references... http://www.shmoop.co...27-summary.html is a spoiler, but it will clear how massive ;)
Good to hear! I'm skipping the link choosing to be surprised.

#19 JARG

JARG

Pinky Moe

• Members *
  • 20586 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:46 AM

View PostJohnRogers, on 24 July 2017 - 08:25 AM, said:

View PostAlexmai, on 24 July 2017 - 02:01 AM, said:

Good to hear! I'm skipping the link choosing to be surprised.
And pass up on the chance to see Geddy Lee nekkid? Let's just say there's a big surprise coming your way.

#20 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 5767 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:44 AM

View PostThinkingBig, on 23 July 2017 - 05:40 PM, said:

Alex Geddy & Neil are characters in the book -- helping he main character win the game.

There's an entire chapter devoted to 2112.

If Rush is not in the movie, we boycott.
  All 27 of you?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: #PubicLice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users