Unofficial 2016 Confidence Pool Survey

OK who will play?

Who will keep score?

I truly hope the game can continue!

I know treeduck is/was burned out from being custodian of the 2015 confidence pool. I have reached out to others who may be willing to do so but no reply. I would be willing but I know I would make too many mistakes thus pissing everybody involved off. If anyone has an idea please throw it out there. We still have 3 weeks till regular season.

Please add your thoughts

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 1

I will play, but too many people forget the Thursday games.

I recommend if you miss your picks before Thursday kickoffs, you lose your highest point total for the week.

Real sports fans can make 5 minutes on Tues, Weds, Thurs morn...to make picks...

Should be a penalty of some sort.

To make it easier on the SCOREKEEPER...All picks should be in before kickoff on Thursday...I saw people last year, 5 minutes before kickoff on Sunday, and teams were mentioned twice...treeduck did an outstanding job, despite some people half assed about playing...

• Like 1

I recommend if you miss your picks before Thursday kickoffs, you lose your highest point total for the week.

Real sports fans can make 5 minutes on Tues, Weds, Thurs morn...to make picks...

To make it easier on the SCOREKEEPER...All picks should be in before kickoff on Thursday...I saw people last year, 5 minutes before kickoff on Sunday, and teams were mentioned twice...treeduck did an outstanding job, despite some people half assed about playing...

How about if you miss the Thursday game it's an automatic 8 point loss plus you lose your highest pick of the week? We need a stiff penalty for tardiness.
  • Like 1

Maybe the score keeping could be a shared responsibility like a rotation type thing. That way one person would not be burdened with all the responsiblity for the whole season. I do not know how Mr. Treeduck was able to keep it all together and do the smashing job he did! I would've been pulling my hair (the little I have left out :P ) I would think and every month or bi weekly rotation would be plausable. I also am in agreement regarding losing the top pionts awarded for missing a pick. But we whave to keep it as simple as possible as to not add too much burdon on the score keeper. I would also suggest if consecutive picks are missed for a given week the points lost would be in decending order. For example if 3 picks are missed 16,15 & 14 points are lost. I'm not sure if that fslls in the KISS philosophy (keep it simple stupid) but there should be some sort of penalty structure. :yes: Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 1

How about if you miss the Thursday game it's an automatic 8 point loss plus you lose your highest pick of the week? We need a stiff penalty for tardiness.

I think losing the 16 or 14 point game would suffice enough. Depending on BYE weeks. I think taking the highest possible point total game away, is penalty enough. But whatever the Commission decides

Maybe the score keeping could be a shared responsibility like a rotation type thing. That way one person would not be burdened with all the responsiblity for the whole season. I do not know how Mr. Treeduck was able to keep it all together and do the smashing job he did! I would've been pulling my hair (the little I have left out :P ) I would think and every month or bi weekly rotation would be plausable. I also am in agreement regarding losing the top pionts awarded for missing a pick. But we whave to keep it as simple as possible as to not add too much burdon on the score keeper. I would also suggest if consecutive picks are missed for a given week the points lost would be in decending order. For example if 3 picks are missed 16,15 & 14 points are lost. I'm not sure if that fslls in the KISS philosophy (keep it simple stupid) but there should be some sort of penalty structure. :yes:

Technically ANYone can add up the totals. As long as the previous week totals are correct. I say make it a team volunteer effort. If someone has time Sunday night, Monday morn, they can add up the 'so far' total, and WE can total it all up after Monday night.

I am not for assigning this to members. People on TRF work very hard, I travel for business and am off TRF for days on end some times.

I respect everyone's private lives and no one should be forced to keep score. We want to keep it fun. I say, if you see the totals have not been done, then feel free to add it up.

Your penalty structure sounds fine by me.

And on the topic of getting picks in by Thursday, everyone has Email/ Alarms/ Meeting Maker..etc...If people can use their phones to find Pokemon, they can set up an alert to pick NFL games once a week. No need to be holding anyone's hand on this. Mine is already set for every Weds night at 6pm...and another every Thurs at 2pm..just in case

• Like 1

I'm willing to play. My works busy season just happens to land during the nfl season so I'm unable to commit to anything else.

My work kicks off in October and it doesn't ease up until May. I barely have time for sleep but I'll see what or much work I'll have this year. I do think we should have a rule of all picks in before the Thursday night game.

• Like 1

I assume this is for the NFL? :)

No spread?

I think only me and you would want spread Goose.

Must be the Nevada in us

I have to tell you all right now that it will be pretty much impossible for me to keep the score. I have five children. 17, 14, 6, 2 & 7 months. Plus I'm working an average of about seventy hours per week. I would have to give up beer to take on the score keeper's task and that ain't happening. :D
  • Like 2

I assume this is for the NFL? :)

No spread?

No spread! That is where the assigning of confidence points come into play, I have to admit it is one of my favorite aspects of this game. A win is a win and a loss is a loss period ;) Technically that is how it gets ruled on the field :LOL:

• Like 1

I have to tell you all right now that it will be pretty much impossible for me to keep the score. I have five children. 17, 14, 6, 2 & 7 months. Plus I'm working an average of about seventy hours per week. I would have to give up beer to take on the score keeper's task and that ain't happening. :D

Ok, no one ask liquid to keep score.

Hats off to you bro..I feel bad complaining about my 2 dogs and 1 bird. YOU ARE A SUPERHERO :D-13:

• Like 1

OMGoodness and I thought raising my daughter by myself was tough. You my friend are totally excused, hell I find it hard for you to even to get your picks in. All the best to you and your family.

• Like 2

We are all involved in the throws of life. I can understand completely the difficulty of having to manage Home, Work & Family + many other distractions. So maybe there can be a way since all make the picks that are "permanent waves" on TRF. We each keep track of our own weekly total's and post totals weekly for review. Then there could be a sort of checks and balances. Then a compilation of confidence points totals could be done. It may be hard to inforce penalties but again the time stamp of picks is also embedded in "permanent waves" and those that post their picks late would be subject to their piers. 2 weeks remain till regular season Y'all... Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 1

We are all involved in the throws of life. I can understand completely the difficulty of having to manage Home, Work & Family + many other distractions. So maybe there can be a way since all make the picks that are "permanent waves" on TRF. We each keep track of our own weekly total's and post totals weekly for review. Then there could be a sort of checks and balances. Then a compilation of confidence points totals could be done. It may be hard to inforce penalties but again the time stamp of picks is also embedded in "permanent waves" and those that post their picks late would be subject to their piers. 2 weeks remain till regular season Y'all...

Let's draw straws.
  • Like 2

Being confident in the pool is a matter of knowing how to swim pretty well, and being able to deal with those who can't. They frequently panic and get in over their head (pun intended) and then when you try to help them, they thrash around and can actually injure you. Worse case scenario, you let them flail a bit until they go under once or twice and then they pass out which makes it easier to get them out.

Is that the kind of "confidence pool" you're talking about?

Edited by Fordgalaxy
  • Like 1

Being confident in the pool is a matter of knowing how to swim pretty well, and being able to deal with those who can't. They frequently panic and get in over their head (pun intended) and then when you try to help them, they thrash around and can actually injure you. Worse case scenario, you let the flail a bit until they go under once or twice and then they pass out which makes it easier to get them out.

Yes exactly :unsure:

Being confident in the pool is a matter of knowing how to swim pretty well, and being able to deal with those who can't. They frequently panic and get in over their head (pun intended) and then when you try to help them, they thrash around and can actually injure you. Worse case scenario, you let the flail a bit until they go under once or twice and then they pass out which makes it easier to get them out.

For me it has more to do with the urine:water ratio.

• Like 1

I'll just throw this out there in case you folks don't end up with a better plan... I won't play but I would be willing to track your scores and statistics. The only thing that may or may not be problematic for you is that some weeks my work rotation might prevent me from posting your results promptly following the last game of the week. I'd try my best but there could be a delay of a day or so if things get crazy at work or if a lot of folks were late in making picks.

I'd be happy to do this for you if it would be helpful. Either way, good luck! :cheers:

• Like 2

I'll just throw this out there in case you folks don't end up with a better plan... I won't play but I would be willing to track your scores and statistics. The only thing that may or may not be problematic for you is that some weeks my work rotation might prevent me from posting your results promptly following the last game of the week. I'd try my best but there could be a delay of a day or so if things get crazy at work or if a lot of folks were late in making picks.

I'd be happy to do this for you if it would be helpful. Either way, good luck! :cheers:

wOw! What a wonderful and sweet offer bean there may be a way would could be the overlord :notworthy: :P or final check. One ofthe wonderful aspects of when ducky did it was his 5 hour jump start where all us sleepy heads in the US would wake up on Tuesday morning the results would be in. I guess we all could figure it out where we rank on our own and then have you as the "proof reader" for lack of a better term. I would however suggest you look up the 2015 Confidence Pool thread and read through the posts and see what the job intales. I know you could handle it as you are no slouch in real life but it can be a demanding chore. A fun one but demanding none the less. As you have probably read we are contemplating a penalty structure for those who get their picks in late that will need close monitoring. The games are played onThursday night, all Sunday and Monday night. Nearing the last month of the season some games are also played on Saturday. This usually starts after Thanksgiving (US) and through the holidaze as the playoffs get close. This would be a great opportunity for you to learn the teams who participate in the greatest sport in the world :finbar: :LOL: I would be all for it. It will be very easy for you to track wins and losses at NFL.com but it may be tricky figuring out everybody's nick names and abbreviations. Thank you once again for offering your services :cheers: :ebert: :fistbump: :yay:

• Like 2