Star Trek: Discovery

Del_Duio

After voyager and enterprise, i have low expectations for discovery. I will give it a shot but honestly it would have to work very hard to make me happy.

I'm rewatching Enterprise and really enjoying it.

it's a show of failed potential

Voyager doubly so. A much better show than ENT but the setup was incredible and they hardly did anything with it.

Voyager- 150 crew members, infinite photon torpedoes and presses of the reset button.

And the Borg turned out to be easily manipulated. Nothing to fear or be scared of.

Voyager... A much better show than ENT...

I don't believe that anymore.

When Enterprise first aired, I was so revolted by the concept of a prequel that I went into it with nothing but hate. I stopped watching after a few episodes, and didn't return for years.

Years went by, and I was so starved for Star Trek that I decided to go back with a fairer mind. I'll be damned if Enterprise didn't find it's proper place. This seems like an extreme statement to some fans: but I actually think that Enterprise's four seasons are every bit as good as DS9's first four seasons. The first two were shaky, the third one showed a change in direction, and the fourth was stellar.

I regret not supporting Enterprise as it aired. It's sad that many like me abandoned it, and prevented the Romulan War seasons from being created. It would have been glorious!

Edited by KenJennings

When Enterprise first aired, I was so revolted by the concept of a prequel that I went into it with nothing but hate. I stopped watching after a few episodes, and didn't return for years.

Years went by, and I was so starved for Star Trek that I decided to go back with a fairer mind. I'll be damned if Enterprise didn't find it's proper place. This seems like an extreme statement to some fans: but I actually think that Enterprise's four seasons are every bit as good as DS9's first four seasons. The first two were shaky, the third one showed a change in direction, and the fourth was stellar.

I regret not supporting Enterprise as it aired. It's sad that many like me abandoned it, and prevented the Romulan War seasons from being created. It would have been glorious!

Like I said before, they canceled the damn show when it truly started to find its footing. A colossal missed opportunity for the Trek universe.

Okay I'm now convinced KJ is really Manny Coto in disguise :D

See I really tried to give ENT a fair shake but going back to them now they just seem so.. off.. I can't quite put my finger on it but it's the way they were shot, or how they're just all standing around and something's missing. Plus- and I know this shouldn't matter too much- but the CGI visuals are worse than what TNG was doing in S4!

And now STD is delayed until May. I wonder if it has to do with a ship redesign. The opening salvo from the fans after seeing it was insanely negative.

Okay I'm now convinced KJ is really Manny Coto in disguise :D

See I really tried to give ENT a fair shake but going back to them now they just seem so.. off.. I can't quite put my finger on it but it's the way they were shot, or how they're just all standing around and something's missing. Plus- and I know this shouldn't matter too much- but the CGI visuals are worse than what TNG was doing in S4!

And now STD is delayed until May. I wonder if it has to do with a ship redesign. The opening salvo from the fans after seeing it was insanely negative.

Hmm, it never occured to me until you did it: the show's title abbreviates to "STD". An omen?

Just everyone hold on to your pants til you actually see the show.

Doesn't matter. Anyone in this thread will almost definitely see the show at least once.

For sure. It's actually a good thing if our expectations are as low as they can go. If it's mediocre then we'll all be pleasantly surprised or better.

• Like 1

Doesn't matter. Anyone in this thread will almost definitely see the show at least once.

For sure. It's actually a good thing if our expectations are as low as they can go. If it's mediocre then we'll all be pleasantly surprised or better.

That's the optimistic way to look at it. The realistic way would be that it's still mediocre. But I hear you.

It's just not being rolled out right at all.

It should go:

1) gossip & etc

2) official announcement

3) super promotional forces at work

4) more official stuff like the plot / timeline announced

5) casting announced

6) air date announced

7) happy fans as the show airs both on the actual air date and the show is awesome

That's the optimistic way to look at it. The realistic way would be that it's still mediocre. But I hear you.

Oh yeah absolutely. After the initial surprise everyone will come to terms with its actual quality and move on, but the initial watching will be enjoyable.