Rank the 10 Budgie studio albums and EP from 1 to 11

treeduck

The other thread got me thinking about Budgie fans and their favorite Budgie albums...

So it's the Budgie studio albums from 1971 to 1982 plus the 1980 EP (I'm not counting the Cuckooland one which I don't consider part of the proper Budgie canon).

:givebeer:

• Like 2

Power Supply

Never Turn Your Back on a Friend

In for the Kill

Bandolier

Budgie

Squawk

Impeckable

If I Were Brittania I'd Waive the Rules

Nightflight

Deliver Us from Evil

You're All Living in Cuckooland

I don't know where to put the EP. I'm used to those songs on Power Supply so it's a part of that album to me. If I had to separate it, then it'd go somewhere in the middle. Panzer Division Destroyed has gotta be one of their best songs.

• Like 2

OK Ducky, inspired by your other Budgie thread, I've listened to almost all of their outputs the last days.

Here's my ranking.

Bandolier

Never Turn Your Back On A Friend

If I Were Brittania I'd Waive The Rules

In For The Kill

Power Supply

Impeckable

If Swallowed, Do Not Induce Vomiting (EP)

Squawk

Budgie

Nightflight

Deliver Us From Evil

• Like 2

Can you see those videos GF?

Yes, I have seen the OGWT Live video before, but that interview is new for me.

I can't see any videos on the forum today just a black line one side.

What did you make of the interview?

Have not watched the whole thing yet. I may take you up on that later.

Well I was surprised, he disses all his contemporaries, Purple, Sabbath, Priest etc. He acknowledges Led Zep but doesn't really praise them.

Well I was surprised, he disses all his contemporaries, Purple, Sabbath, Priest etc. He acknowledges Led Zep but doesn't really praise them.

Yeah, really strange what he says about Communication Breakdown and Paranoid. "It's the same thing, but they put their chop chord in a different place." Interesting that he never bought an album from any of those bands.

The part where he talks about Christianity surprised me the most.

Yeah, really strange what he says about Communication Breakdown and Paranoid. "It's the same thing, but they put their chop chord in a different place." Interesting that he never bought an album from any of those bands.

I'm not surprised that he didn't buy any records by them but he seems a bit bitter. Maybe he felt like Budgie didn't get the success they deserved?

I'm not surprised that he didn't buy any records by them but he seems a bit bitter. Maybe he felt like Budgie didn't get the success they deserved?

I thought the same thing. He speaks with an undertone of envy.

Yeah it makes no sense, he says Purple Sabbath etc are not his kind of music but he plays music that is similar, how does that work?

Yeah it makes no sense, he says Purple Sabbath etc are not his kind of music but he plays music that is similar, how does that work?

Maybe he thinks the Budgie stuff is not only totally different, he may also think Budgie was way better than BS, LZ, DP...and he also mentioned Uriah Heep in that context. Would love to talk to him and find out what kind of guy he really is.

Edited by greyfriar

Maybe he thinks the Budgie stuff is not only totally different, he may also think Budgie was way better than BS, LZ, DP...and he also mentioned Uriah Heep in that context. Would love to talk to him and find out what kind of guy he really is.

Yeah well obviously he thinks his band and his music is better. It seems like he was genuinely puzzled as to why bands like Sabbath, Heep, Purple and Priest were much more successful.

Yeah well obviously he thinks his band and his music is better. It seems like he was genuinely puzzled as to why bands like Sabbath, Heep, Purple and Priest were much more successful.

He should go out on stage and show us. :popcorn: :hail:

• Like 1

He should go out on stage and show us. :popcorn: :hail:

Aye! :smoke:

• Like 1

This is apt to change, and I should also point out, even the lower ranked albums are still awesome :haz:

Bandolier

In For The Kill

Impeckable

Nightflight

Squawk

Budgie

Power Supply

Deliver Us From Evil

• Like 2

This is apt to change, and I should also point out, even the lower ranked albums are still awesome :haz:

Bandolier

In For The Kill

Impeckable

Nightflight

Squawk

Budgie

Power Supply

Deliver Us From Evil

All the Budgie albums are awesome, therefore it's tough to rank them.

• Like 2

Yeah, I thought that was odd. Especially considering there's that bootleg recording of Budgie and Priest jamming on stage, back when an unknown Judas Priest were supporting Budgie.

(I'll keep the "s" in the video link, so that it doesn't embed...that should solve our black bar problem)

• Like 2

Yeah, I thought that was odd. Especially considering there's that bootleg recording of Budgie and Priest jamming on stage, back when an unknown Judas Priest were supporting Budgie.

(I'll keep the "s" in the video link, so that it doesn't embed...that should solve our black bar problem)

Maybe he was just feeling a bit pissed during that interview?

Bandolier

In For The Kill

Impeckable

Nightflight

Squawk

Budgie

Power Supply

Deliver Us From Evil

All the Budgie albums are awesome, therefore it's tough to rank them.

I'll do my rankings in the near future. :AlienSmiley: