2016-17 College Football Thread

What a great game last night, my Utes beat USC 31-27! Troy Williams is filling in nicely as our quarterback and we have some great recievers. USC gave us a good scare but we came back in the 4th and got the win!

:clap: :cheerleader:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 2

What a great game last night, my Utes beat USC 31-27! Troy Williams is filling in nicely as our quarterback and we have some great recievers. USC gave us a good scare but we came back in the 4th and got the win!

:clap: :cheerleader:

Always glad to see the Utes do well after our one year in SLC. Looks like they are going to be more fun to follow this year than Penn State, which is a young team having lots of trouble this year.

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

Guess what T.J. Watt (.....yes, J.J.'s little brother) is doing?

Yep, you guessed it! He's celebrating a QB sack ...... :haz: :haz:

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/e91f5cd547b26dc4ba2476b856edb3c455102834/c=124-0-859-980&r=295&c=0-0-292-390/local/-/media/2016/09/24/WIGroup/Milwaukee/636103326713602349-MJS-uw25-20-hoffman.jpg-pipeline-engineer.jpg

Btw, I learned something new.

I did not know there was a mercy rule where games could be shortened by agreement between the teams.

That is what happened between SC State and Clemson. Clemson was winning 45-0 at halftime. After that, the teams agreed to shorten the 3rd and 4th quarters to 12 minutes each instead of 15.

That's really not shortening it much tho. Maybe should have had 10 minute or even 8 minute quarters or just called it off altogether. No worries about injuries that way.

How about not playing that game at all? How about treating the fans to a great game with an inter conference home and home series with a competitive FBS opponent, instead of asking less talented players to take an ass whipping so Clemson can give SC State $300,000 in exchange for a guaranteed win? The NCAA should ban these matchups, by not counting these wins towards a bowl nor playoff considerations.

Agreed. Alabama absolutely annihilated Kent State today but the Golden Flashes probably got paid a lot.

The most interesting thing that happened yesterday was Louisville stomping the shit out of Florida State.

Don't forget them Fightin' Irishes getting beaten for the second time in 3 weeks! That was a lot of fun to watch.

They are losing to Duke at halftime, 28-21. Go Duke!

Duke finished the job. The not so Fightin' Irish are 1-3. :sad trombone:

Looks like Carolina is in for another long season, losing to Kentucky for the 3rd straight year. We have a young team, which did it's best on defense, but the offense couldn't muster any yards. 2 TDs were called back for penalties, one obvious, one was a judgement call.

The bad news is that A&M comes into town next week.

Looks like Carolina is in for another long season, losing to Kentucky for the 3rd straight year. We have a young team, which did it's best on defense, but the offense couldn't muster any yards. 2 TDs were called back for penalties, one obvious, one was a judgement call.

Ummm, Carolina beat Pitt!

Dude, whatever. If you want to talk about college football, objectively, I'd love a great conversation. But, I don't engage in trash talk or bet on amateurs. I enjoy college football too much.

Les Miles fired today.

Miles' record at LSU: 114-34 (.770) and a National Championship.

Firing him is just stupid, an example of a fan base whose perspective has gotten completely out of touch with reality.

Similar to Georgia firing Richt last year.

Edited by Dread Pirate Robert
  • Like 1

Les Miles fired today.

Firing him is just stupid, an example of a fan base whose perspective has gotten completely out of touch with reality.

I agree. With the program that he maintained there, he should have at least been allowed to coach this whole season before they make a decision like that.

If they were looking at the rest of this season's schedule and made the decision based on that...do they really think an interim coach is going to do better for them this year?

I guess they must.

• Like 1

Les Miles fired today.

I agree. With the program that he maintained there, he should have at least been allowed to coach this whole season before they make a decision like that.

If they were looking at the rest of this season's schedule and made the decision based on that...do they really think an interim coach is going to do better for them this year?

I guess they must.

It's an unintended consequence of the playoff. These teams wanna scrap the season of they can't win the national championship.

LSU still has to play Alabama and Alabama has to play Tennessee, so there are 2 conceivable losses for Alabama, plus LSU would have the head to head tiebreaker, if they won, which means they still have a chance to win the conference championship. But, no one cares about that anymore.

Looks like Carolina is in for another long season

I thought that was painfully obvious by halftime of the opening game against Vanderbilt, which you falsely stated was a good team in your effort to try to put the best possible spin on that game.

Anyway, I have already written off the Gamecocks this year. So any wins they might have from now till the end of the season can come as a pleasant surprise, to take some measure of enjoyment in.

So, what do I have to "live for" in the rest of this CFB season -- well, lots of things. Starting with this coming weekend with Clemson versus Louisville. I am going to be a hard core Louisville fan for that game, and really hope that they stomp the shit out of Clemson the same way they did to Florida State.

Dude, whatever. If you want to talk about college football, objectively, I'd love a great conversation. But, I don't engage in trash talk or bet on amateurs. I enjoy college football too much.

Perhaps South Carolina fans should not do so much trash talking to North Carolina fans this season . . . .

I thought that was painfully obvious by halftime of the opening game against Vanderbilt, which you falsely stated was a good team in your effort to try to put the best possible spin on that game.

Anyway, I have already written off the Gamecocks this year. So any wins they might have from now till the end of the season can come as a pleasant surprise, to take some measure of enjoyment in.

So, what do I have to "live for" in the rest of this CFB season -- well, lots of things. Starting with this coming weekend with Clemson versus Louisville. I am going to be a hard core Louisville fan for that game, and really hope that they stomp the shit out of Clemson the same way they did to Florida State.

I'm taking my sons to see Ohio State and Rutgers on Saturday, and we'll be home in time to see Louisville and Clemson on TV.

Go Cardinals!

Our coach said they were a good team. It was the first game of the year. Please tell me how the hell I'm "spinning" the result of the game when I simply relay what our coach said, with no other games to use as relevant comparisons?

Look at the roster, DPR: Freshmen, tee-shirt freshmen, and sophomores, and a new coaching staff. Expectations certainly couldn't have been too high for an objective fan.

For me, it's been a chance to invest: invest in a new beginning and watch the kids grow in strength and skill. You have to go to the games and just enjoy the food, the tailgating, the "scenery" of half naked women, and simply enjoy the game. As a Gamecocks fan, with our history, you're asking for heart trouble or jail time for property damage if you take it too seriously.

Perhaps South Carolina fans should not do so much trash talking to North Carolina fans this season . . . .

I'm a college football fan. I enjoy watching all the teams. And, so did my wife. We watched ALL the games.
  • Like 2

Michigan 14

Wisconsin 7

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-D2KXcW0YAW4/TlKxcvsVqCI/AAAAAAAAA3g/tNXhvmAvVA8/s400/250px-BuckyBadgerGraphic.gif

Bucky's mad for a good reason! They could'a won, but they didn't!!

Michigan 14

Wisconsin 7

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-D2KXcW0YAW4/TlKxcvsVqCI/AAAAAAAAA3g/tNXhvmAvVA8/s400/250px-BuckyBadgerGraphic.gif

I was replaying that last U-M INT multiple times. Wow.

Michigan 14

Wisconsin 7

I was replaying that last U-M INT multiple times. Wow.

Stellar catch by the d-back. His left arm was around the receiver, but not enough to draw a flag.

The Badgers had plenty of opportunities, but Hornibrook has a long way to go before he can be a stud QB. He's way too immobile, and his passing accuracy is erratic. His receivers should also catch the ball. Defensively, the Badgers played really well, especially for missing a couple of starters.

Ughhhhh.

My Louisville team loses another heartbreaker to Clemson. Lost by 6 in 2014 to them, lost by 3 last year, lost by 6 again this year.

I need consoling. SOMETHING.

Lamar Jackson is freaking awesome though.

Penn State in an overtime win against Minnesota , 29-26. Very action packed game to watch.

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/Unknown-1_34.jpeg

I drove right into the post-game traffic this evening! :LOL:

Pennsylvania is a beautiful place, btw.

• Like 1