2016-17 College Football Thread

At least we had some games so far, along with the usual start of the season doormat beatings (e.g Michigan v Hawaii, Miami v FAMU, etc.). Notre Dame v Texas tonight and FSU v Old Miss Monday to close the weekend, hope those are decent.

If ever there was a time for the Longhorns to begin to regain their greatness, today is the day. F.uck Notre Dame and their sanctimonious "touchdown jebus" selves.

• Like 2

At least we had some games so far, along with the usual start of the season doormat beatings (e.g Michigan v Hawaii, Miami v FAMU, etc.). Notre Dame v Texas tonight and FSU v Old Miss Monday to close the weekend, hope those are decent.

If ever there was a time for the Longhorns to begin to regain their greatness, today is the day. F.uck Notre Dame and their sanctimonious "touchdown jebus" selves.

Suck it Notre Dame.

• Like 2

Suck it Notre Dame.

#10 ND loses opening game against unranked team.

Ah, how sweet it is.

• Like 2

Suck it Notre Dame.

#10 ND loses opening game against unranked team.

Ah, how sweet it is.

Gotta love the Sooners getting a beat down by Houston. And how about those Eastern Eagles beating WSU at Pullman??? :cheerleader:

http://swxrn.images.worldnow.com/images/20892387_BG1.jpg

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

Three of the top ten-ranked went down in the first week...so far.

I'm rooting for Ole Miss tonight, too.

I don't do this just to root for a lower-ranked team. But I happen to like Ole Miss all right anyway.

(And anything else that makes it so the Buckeyes move up some more is a welcome development!).

• Like 1

I've always been somewhat of a Longhorns fan, too. Love the results from last night.

I've always been somewhat of a Longhorns fan, too. Love the results from last night.

Me too. I like Strong and would like him to have more time to build the program with his players.

Me too. I like Strong and would like him to have more time to build the program with his players.

I was soooo disgusted when ND went ahead and I couldn't/didn't watch anymore. So glad Texas won I'm sure their fans at the stadium were delirious. I also hope Strong can turn this corner and continue to win with his players. Patience can be a virtue for Texas Longhorn football.

Unbelievable comeback by Florida State in the third quarter. Well, that and Ole Miss just fell apart, is the thing. And then the offense didn't do enough in the fourth, which meant they had to rely too much on the defense, and the defense was tired...after being up 28-6 in the first half, they allowed the Seminoles a 39-6 run. Quite a game, on all sides of the ball.

Buckeyes up to #2! :ebert:

I'm a little surprised, but I'll take it. More surprising to me is that Florida State didn't surpass Clemson.

1. Alabama

2. Ohio State

3. Clemson

4. Florida State

5. Michigan

6. Houston!

7. Stanford

8. Louisville

9. Notre Dame

10. Ole Miss

Notre Dame and Ole Miss both lost, but moved up in the rankings. :wacko: I actually almost kind of understand with Ole Miss, losing to a top five team, but Notre Dame lost to Texas, who was unranked (but now is #13- the way they played Notre Dame, I'd say they deserve to switch places with them, from 13 to 10).

Today is the silly "Battle of Bristol", whereupon 150,000 rednecks will pay astronomical prices to sit at a racetrack and watch a football game on the jumbotron or their smartphone, because they won't be able to see the actual football game being played between Virginia Tech and Tennessee in the infield.

This is nothing but a gimmick, in order to set a world record, which will allow all the said rednecks to say. "I was thar.", but, in reality, takes away a home game from one of the teams(the other team will treat it as an away gamr).

Today is the silly "Battle of Bristol", whereupon 150,000 rednecks will pay astronomical prices to sit at a racetrack and watch a football game on the jumbotron or their smartphone, because they won't be able to see the actual football game being played between Virginia Tech and Tennessee in the infield.

This is nothing but a gimmick, in order to set a world record, which will allow all the said rednecks to say. "I was thar.", but, in reality, takes away a home game from one of the teams(the other team will treat it as an away gamr).

Weren'the UT ranked higher last week?

Yes. But then they needed overtime to beat App. State.

Buckeyes offense needs to get it together.

Defense is doing great, though. In Tulsa's last eight plays of the first half, they committed three turnovers- and two of them were of the pick-six variety.

Edited by Blue J

Everyone here was happy to get Pitt vs Penn State back (they really play it at one of the towns; they were at Steelers' Heinz Field today.) They haven't played each other since 2000. It had a lot of back and forth scoring and was really fun to watch until it was 42-39 Pitt, late in the fourth quarter. Penn State drove to the Pitt 31 with time left for a field goal, when Penn State's quarterback let loose a long pass to the end zone with no one there but Pitt players to pick it off. Huh? Disappointing end to a fun game.

South Carolina, who upset a conference opponent on the road, is a TD underdog to Mississippi State, who lost to a Sun Belt conference team at home???

Miss State should have been favored by more points.

I don't know. They won. And they're coming back on VT, as we speak.

South Carolina, who upset a conference opponent on the road, is a TD underdog to Mississippi State, who lost to a Sun Belt conference team at home???

Miss State should have been favored by more points.

Yep. Our tackling is atrocious. I expected better from a Will Muschamp defense. We're lucky we're not losing by more.

I don't know what to really say. A lot of mental errors and missed tackles.