Common/Popular Foods you Dislike

JohnnyBlaze

I can't think of a single fruit that I don't like. :LOL:

How about durian? Most people hate that.

I've tried it a couple of times. Nothing good but I didn't find it as repulsive as it's often reported

Is that the spiny looking fruit that smells like something died? I've never had it but would try it once since there are people who like it. Probably doesn't taste as bad as it smells.

I've tried it a couple of times. Nothing good but I didn't find it as repulsive as it's often reported

Is that the spiny looking fruit that smells like something died? I've never had it but would try it once since there are people who like it. Probably doesn't taste as bad as it smells.

Those are they. It doesn't smell good but I'm not the person to ask since I think cooked eggs smell like butthole. I've smelled plenty of dishes that smelled a thousand times worse.

Those are they. It doesn't smell good but I'm not the person to ask since I think cooked eggs smell like butthole. I've smelled plenty of dishes that smelled a thousand times worse.

Any kind of cooked eggs? That's funny but I have never really thought about how they smell.

Forgot about coleslaw. I like cabbage fine but when it's crafted into coleslaw, nah. Don't think it's nasty or anything but I can pass. Cole slaw made with mayo lies on the state line of grossness though.

I would never use mayo.

Any kind of cooked eggs? That's funny but I have never really thought about how they smell.

Fried and boiled smell the most intense to me. But yeah, they all stink. I read somewhere just a few days ago that if you smell sulfur (and I usually do), it means the eggs are overcooked.

• Like 1

Forgot about coleslaw. I like cabbage fine but when it's crafted into coleslaw, nah. Don't think it's nasty or anything but I can pass. Cole slaw made with mayo lies on the state line of grossness though.

I would never use mayo.

Good choice

Try this recipe. I love it.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/40204/angies-dads-best-cabbage-coleslaw/?internalSource=staff%20pick&referringId=218&referringContentType=recipe%20hub&clickId=cardslot%206

• Like 1

Mayonnaise, mustard, and vinegar http://www.emoticonsfree.org/wp-content/uploads/sick0020.gif

A lot of Asian foods use vinegar in their recipes. This includes many southeast Asian countries as well as Japan and the Philippines. Would you say there are many Asian dishes that you don't care for?

• Like 1

Mayonnaise, mustard, and vinegar http://www.emoticonsfree.org/wp-content/uploads/sick0020.gif

A lot of Asian foods use vinegar in their recipes. This includes many southeast Asian countries as well as Japan and the Philippines. Would you say there are many Asian dishes that you don't care for?

I don't know whether there are many genuine Asian dishes that I don't care for, because I doubt that I've been much exposed to them. However, I would guess that there are likely to be cooked dishes in Asian and other cuisines that I would eat even though some amount of vinegar is used. I just don't like anything in which the vinegar can be explicitly tasted or smelled. I think cooking probably makes a difference, because when I think of vinegar I think of things such as pickles and salad dressing that are prepared without cooking.

The same is not true of mustard. I've never eaten anything raw or cooked that was prepared with mustard in which I could not detect the foul ruining flavour. I remember an occasion in which my father refused to believe that I could taste mustard in an Indian vegetable dish he prepared. "There's no mustard in there! Only about three or four mustard seeds." YES, DAD. MUSTARD SEEDS THAT TASTE LIKE MUSTARD http://www.emoticonsfree.org/wp-content/uploads/sick0020.gif

• Like 1

I don't know whether there are many genuine Asian dishes that I don't care for, because I doubt that I've been much exposed to them. However, I would guess that there are likely to be cooked dishes in Asian and other cuisines that I would eat even though some amount of vinegar is used. I just don't like anything in which the vinegar can be explicitly tasted or smelled. I think cooking probably makes a difference, because when I think of vinegar I think of things such as pickles and salad dressing that are prepared without cooking.

The same is not true of mustard. I've never eaten anything raw or cooked that was prepared with mustard in which I could not detect the foul ruining flavour. I remember an occasion in which my father refused to believe that I could taste mustard in an Indian vegetable dish he prepared. "There's no mustard in there! Only about three or four mustard seeds." YES, DAD. MUSTARD SEEDS THAT TASTE LIKE MUSTARD http://www.emoticonsfree.org/wp-content/uploads/sick0020.gif

I understand how you feel about mustard. It seems similar to my aforementioned hatred of eggs. And my egg detection ability seems to be on par with your mustard detection skills. Your 3-4 mustard seed anecdote is similar to me noticing some very teeny tiny pieces of boiled egg in a sauce made for a fried chicken dish. I swore I tasted egg but my wife didn't believe me. It made me gag. Egg often has that affect on me. My wife asked the waitress to ask the chef and it turned out I was 100% right. The few egg pieces I saw were about half the size of a grain of rice each. Couldn't smell it but the texture and taste were there to destroy me.

• Like 1

Fried and boiled smell the most intense to me. But yeah, they all stink. I read somewhere just a few days ago that if you smell sulfur (and I usually do), it means the eggs are overcooked.

It's funny how people are wired differently. I can't say I've ever smelled anything that smells like suffer in regards to eggs unless they were rotten.

• Like 1

I'm almost the exact opposite. There are a few I like (Apple, Banana, Cherries) and a few I really despise (Strawberry, Mango, Watermelon), but the vast majority of fruit does nothing to entice me. I like most veggies, but I do not care for fruit.

It's funny how people are wired differently. I can't say I've ever smelled anything that smells like suffer in regards to eggs unless they were rotten.

Eggs always have a tinge of sulfur to them... Boiled in particular.

But not enough to where I would call it a 'bad' smell.

Eggs always have a tinge of sulfur to them... Boiled in particular.

But not enough to where I would call it a 'bad' smell.

I guess I've never noticed.

Pickles and Mustard Rock!! :dweez:

• Like 1

Pickles and Mustard Rock!! :dweez:

Feel free to have my share! :LOL: :cheers:

• Like 1

I'm almost the exact opposite. There are a few I like (Apple, Banana, Cherries) and a few I really despise (Strawberry, Mango, Watermelon), but the vast majority of fruit does nothing to entice me. I like most veggies, but I do not care for fruit.

I'm not a big fan of fruit. I can't think of any that I hate, but I seldom feel a strong urge to eat any. I'd rather bite into a bell pepper and eat it down to the core than an apple.

I'm not a big fan of fruit. I can't think of any that I hate, but I seldom feel a strong urge to eat any. I'd rather bite into a bell pepper and eat it down to the core than an apple.

I just had a big bowl of red seedless grapes and blueberries. :)

• Like 4

We're supposed to have a kickass crop of blueberries this year, at least in Michigan.
  • Like 1

We're supposed to have a kickass crop of blueberries this year, at least in Michigan.

I'm not sure where the ones come from that we're having right now but they're big and fat and really good.

I'm sure I'd enjoy that if I was hungry and it was in the fridge when I went looking for a snack but I don't have anything approaching an "Ooooh, that sounds delicious, I need to get me some!" response to the thought of it.

I'm sure I'd enjoy that if I was hungry and it was in the fridge when I went looking for a snack but I don't have anything approaching an "Ooooh, that sounds delicious, I need to get me some!" response to the thought of it.

I don't think of fruit in the same way I'd think of a supreme deep dish pizza, but it still sounds tasty.

I only like home made, where I can control the amount of mayo. Store-bought cole is just gross. And potato salad even moreso.
  • Like 1

I only like home made, where I can control the amount of mayo. Store-bought cole is just gross. And potato salad even moreso.

Homemade is always the best. But never any mayo. Nasty sh**!! :P