TRF's possibly first official Beatles thread!

Abbey Road side two is the greatest Beatles song ever.

And don't any of you try to tell me that "Because" is not part of that medley.

:madra:

Because is not part of that medley, and neither is Here Comes The Sun.

Maybe I just need to listen to a better master on better headphones on vinyl...

But if I have to do all of that just to hear my complaints fixed then my complaints stand for good reason...though it could just be Spotify that sucks...and the version on CD at the library where I first heard it...

To each his own. Nothing is required. You might not like how the album sounds, but it still helped push music recording into a very fertile era. For instance, I'm not the biggest fan of Pet Sounds, but it's still an album in the same pantheon of record producing.

I've gone right off Pet Sounds.

Not sure why...

cause i was right it sucks, lol

kidding kidding......it doesn't suck. it bores me though.

Mick

All I can say is...I may never play it again. I lost interest in it.

But then again it felt so deep when I was 18. Now I am 25 I listen to the lyrics and think "grow up".

• Like 1

Well I just listened to Revolver again on a speaker. I still contend that the song quality does not match the album quality. There an utter lack of warmth, bleed, blend, humanity in the pure sonics and mixes alone, though the songs themselves are consistently genius...but all very short.

Well I just listened to Revolver again on a speaker. I still contend that the song quality does not match the album quality. There an utter lack of warmth, bleed, blend, humanity in the pure sonics and mixes alone, though the songs themselves are consistently genius...but all very short.

Interesting take. Don't agree.

• Like 1

Elaenor Rigby has always been a bit disorienting when I hear the stereo

Everything pre-1968 was primarily mixed for mono.

And thus I need to hear it in mono.

Strange, I find Pepper incredible in stereo, aside from the strange channel arrangement for the various voiced on the title track.

I thoroughly enjoyed Ron Howard's Eight Days a Week - The Touring Years. There are no unearthed facts or revelations except for the newly discovered film footage and the cleaned up audio. And for me, a Beatlemaniac, that's enough. It must of been a mind blowing experience to be in the middle of all that hysteria and I think the movie does a good job portraying it. Kudos to Ron Howard. [7.5/10]

Note: The movie briefly simulated what they sounded like through a Tannoy PA speaker at Shea Stadium. Damn impressed they pulled it off. They played their music with an almost punk like attitude.

And George Harrison has sexy eyelashes. And Willy Wonka apparently played first base.

• Like 1

Scored big time at the record store today, but the crown jewel:

Sgt. Pepper's (seemingly) original US print with original cardboard cutouts (and sadly no loop at the end) in stereo (which I happen to like) in excellent condidtion (especially the vinyl itself) for... (Drumroll please) ten bucks.

Ten. Bucks. Possibly the best deal I've ever gotten.

• Like 2

Favorite? How can i pick?

Top 10? (In no particular order):

Nowhere Man

With A Little Help From My Friends

Hey Bulldog

I Wanna Hold Your Hand

I Saw Her Standing There

Come Together

Helter Skelter

Revolution

Strawberry Fields Forever

And Your Bird Can Sing

I forgot a ton. The greatest band of all time has too many great songs!

"Hey Bulldog" nice!!

• Like 1

I thoroughly enjoyed Ron Howard's Eight Days a Week - The Touring Years. There are no unearthed facts or revelations except for the newly discovered film footage and the cleaned up audio. And for me, a Beatlemaniac, that's enough. It must of been a mind blowing experience to be in the middle of all that hysteria and I think the movie does a good job portraying it. Kudos to Ron Howard. [7.5/10]

Note: The movie briefly simulated what they sounded like through a Tannoy PA speaker at Shea Stadium. Damn impressed they pulled it off. They played their music with an almost punk like attitude.

And George Harrison has sexy eyelashes. And Willy Wonka apparently played first base.

Yeah I loved the flick even though as you said, nothing really new. Beatles freak here too. Did enjoy the previously unseen footage.

I would like to know how much talent they had to write so many hit songs. Most bands burn out after one album, let alone have album after album, each containing hit after hit with few, if any, duds on the album. And they were all two/three minute songs, but how much was packed into a few minutes. They were master lyricists too.

Anyone know how they did it? Honestly, talent can only account for so much without experiencing burnout. They seem to have gone on for years before that happened.

I certainly am appreciating them anew now. Took them for granted as I grew up with them. Think I was 9 or 10 when I Wanna Hold Your Hand came out. Never realized their immense talent as songwriters until now. Better late than never. :)

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 5

I would like to know how much talent they had to write so many hit songs. Most bands burn out after one album, let alone have album after album, each containing hit after hit with few, if any, duds on the album. And they were all two/three minute songs, but how much was packed into a few minutes. They were master lyricists too.

Anyone know how they did it? Honestly, talent can only account for so much without experiencing burnout. They seem to have gone on for years before that happened.

I certainly am appreciating them anew now. Took them for granted as I grew up with them. Think I was 9 or 10 when I Wanna Hold Your Hand came out. Never realized their immense talent as songwriters until now. Better late than never. :)

You know how somebody says a person has "it". Well, the Beatles were four individuals who had "it" and that combination spawned something very special. Rock as a musical genre was still very new at the time and there was a lot of ground to break in it with both song compositions and production. They were the first band to say "why the hell not?" when it came to doing so many new things people hadn't heard before. Talent makes up a lot of it for sure but coming along at the right time when a genre was so new and fresh really allowed them to flourish with all sorts of different ideas.

• Like 2

How about their harmonies?

And those weird sounds John sometimes made on songs. Who would even think they'd enhance a song? Who would even think of doing them? But he did.

I watched a video of them at Shea Stadium, and there was Brian Epstein standing alongside the stage just looking at the hysterical young girls. Even he seemed astounded by what he was seeing.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

How about their harmonies?

And those weird sounds John sometimes made on songs. Who would even think they'd enhance a song? Who would even think of doing them? But he did.

I watched a video of them at Shea Stadium, and there was Brian Epstein standing alongside the stage just looking at the hysterical young girls. Even he seemed astounded by what he was seeing.

A very special moment in time,for sure.
  • Like 1

2 absolute musical geniuses who drove each other, directly and indirectly to greater and greater heights and 2 other extremely talented musicians one of whom also developed into an outstanding songwriter.

• Like 5