Pros of tags: they give a respectful nod towards a member or X (other)

Cons of tags: they're ultimately useless and very annoying

I bring this up because the new Albums You've Listened To version has the "babycat" tag (why I don't know, she doesn't even post in that thread) and now we are plagued with that disgusting and intrusive block of threads at the bottom of the thread. When I post in a thread I like to hit the [end] key and then start writing my post.. But now it's not so easy if I'm using a smaller window. I have to [end] and then [pg up] and then scroll to re-position myself in order to post. Even if this wasn't a problem in making me take an extra second before writing my post, it's a problem in that the related threads block is a massive eyesore.

I understand the purpose of tags, but I doubt anyone actually values their serious use...

At best, tags are a silly little feature used for fun, but at worst they soil board experience.

You like Babycat? Cool, so do I, I love Babycat, but what's the point of the tag?

If there's a way to disable the "Also tagged with one or more of these keywords:" block from appearing in every thread with a common tag, I suggest it should be done. This would solve the problem.

• Like 2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pointless, BS, the following are popular tag, s in order to demonstrate, babycat, to hell with goodhell, segue myles, obama

General DiscussionMusic Of The Spheres

Albums You've Listened to Today, Vol. 5

Started by Chronos, 01 Aug 2016 icon_tag.png babycat

photo-thumb-8896.png?_r=1470254239

t_unread.png General DiscussionRandom Samples

if ever you don't feel like talking this is exactly what you say...

Started by treeduck, 29 Jul 2016 icon_tag.png to hell with goodhell, JCVD

photo-thumb-1842.jpg?_r=1463215501

t_unread.png General DiscussionMusic Of The Spheres

Here it is the thread where you name your top 5 MEGADETH albums!

Started by treeduck, 28 Jul 2016 icon_tag.png to hell with goodhell, megadeth and 1 more...

photo-thumb-4058.jpg?_r=1353293153

t_unread.png General DiscussionRandom Samples

Happy Birthday Alsgalpal!

Started by treeduck, 24 Jul 2016 icon_tag.png alsgalpal, to hell with goodhell

photo-thumb-11751.jpg?_r=1351446152

t_unread.png General DiscussionMusic Of The Spheres

What's the most money you've paid for a single CD?

Started by treeduck, 24 Jul 2016 icon_tag.png to hell with goodhell and 2 more...

• Like 1

Randomly tagging Babycat has long been a tradition.

Sorry about that.

I know, I don't mean to call you out specifically, but I did.

This has been something I've been meaning to address for a while now. I have addressed it before, but now I have a thread dedicated to it :)

Although I don't share your distaste for them in the least, I'm happy to remove it. If I can figure out how.

You're past the editing point so you can't.

No worries though, I think we'll all learn to live with it ;)

On v6, though, we'll have zero tags! That is, if I have any say in the matter..

Again: I don't mean to call you out specifically in the least. There's dozens of other threads I could criticize for having these stupid, intrusive tags. The tag feature as a whole is bullshit, and that's my real gripe.

Edited by Mr. Not

Although I don't share your distaste for them in the least, I'm happy to remove it. If I can figure out how.

Why do they have to be removed?

I don't really get why it's an issue at all to be honest.

• Like 2

The tag system is supposed to make searching for topics easier. You post a new thread, and if you want, you add keyword tags like you would on YouTube. It doesn't really get used that way here. It's become a big in-joke. And so what? The joke seems harmless to me. The board's search function works pretty well without the tags.
  • Like 2

The tag system is supposed to make searching for topics easier. You post a new thread, and if you want, you add keyword tags like you would on YouTube. It doesn't really get used that way here. It's become a big in-joke. And so what? The joke seems harmless to me. The board's search function works pretty well without the tags.

My thoughts exactly...sometimes they make me laugh my head off!

I actually use the tags to search for some things. So they can be useful. And if they're also an in-joke, then so be it. I don't want to be one of the 90%.

Some tags are useful to raise awareness among the people on scourges to our society. Like the rampant spread of pubic lice, also known as crabs. Please people for the sake of your health, for the sake of the children, schedule a Brazilian during these hot summer months.

Some tags are useful to raise awareness among the people on scourges to our society. Like the rampant spread of pubic lice, also known as crabs. Please people for the sake of your health, for the sake of the children, schedule a Brazilian during these hot summer months.

#publiclice is a #publicLIE

KILLALLWHITEPEOPLE

I tag myself on occasion. It is strictly for pleasure though.
  • Like 2

Pros of tags: they give a respectful nod towards a member or X (other)

Cons of tags: they're ultimately useless and very annoying

I bring this up because the new Albums You've Listened To version has the "babycat" tag (why I don't know, she doesn't even post in that thread) and now we are plagued with that disgusting and intrusive block of threads at the bottom of the thread. When I post in a thread I like to hit the [end] key and then start writing my post.. But now it's not so easy if I'm using a smaller window. I have to [end] and then [pg up] and then scroll to re-position myself in order to post. Even if this wasn't a problem in making me take an extra second before writing my post, it's a problem in that the related threads block is a massive eyesore.

I understand the purpose of tags, but I doubt anyone actually values their serious use...

At best, tags are a silly little feature used for fun, but at worst they soil board experience.

You like Babycat? Cool, so do I, I love Babycat, but what's the point of the tag?

If there's a way to disable the "Also tagged with one or more of these keywords:" block from appearing in every thread with a common tag, I suggest it should be done. This would solve the problem.

I love you too! :wub:

• Like 2

LABT and Treeduck thoroughly abused the tagging system for what seemed like a couple of years (could have been shorter. That's what she said!)

The two tags they used the most were "babycat" and "Clowney."

Thanks, guys.

• Like 2