iOS vs. Android

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#41 LedRush

LedRush

The Counterparts Remain The Same

• Members *
  • 24833 posts
  • Interests:Family, guitar, classic video games, Ted Nugent, non-fiction books

Posted 05 October 2016 - 09:38 AM

View PostNew World Kid, on 05 October 2016 - 01:40 AM, said:

View PostLedRush, on 04 October 2016 - 09:01 PM, said:

View PostNew World Kid, on 04 October 2016 - 04:59 AM, said:

Everyone should just go get a OnePlus 3. Pretty darn good phone, and the price is unbelievable.

I see the price as being about $100-200 less than an iPhone, but with a worse screen, slower processor, worst camera, and, of course, without the ability to take 9 years of paid content with me.  No thanks.

http://www.phonearen...ones/10017,9816

Larger screen, equal resolution, better camera. Probably equally impressive processors... I don't know the SnapDragon 820 vs the A10 Fusion. Double the RAM means the processor has more to work with on the OnePlus 3 though.

And that's if you're getting a top-of-the-line iPhone.

Also, the price is $570 cheaper for the OnePlus 3.

Compare to a regular iPhone 7...

Larger screen, better resolution, better camera, significantly better battery, triple the RAM.

And it's $450 cheaper there.

http://www.phonearen...10017,9816,9815

And the battery on the the thing is ridiculously good. 30 minutes on it's Dash Charge and I've got enough power for 3 days. I find my battery dying simply because I forget that I have to charge the thing at all anymore.

Why would you compare the most expensive price of the iPhone to the cheapest price of the OnePlus (meaning, the MSRP which I cannot find anyone charging for it...retailers seem to be charging $20-150 more for the MSRP.  So, again, for very little more money you get a ton more quality plus, for people already using the iPhone, they get to keep everything.  This is a no-brainer.

Sponsored Post

#42 LedRush

LedRush

• Members *
  • 24833 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 09:40 AM

View PostLedRush, on 05 October 2016 - 09:38 AM, said:

Everyone should just go get a OnePlus 3. Pretty darn good phone, and the price is unbelievable.

I see the price as being about $100-200 less than an iPhone, but with a worse screen, slower processor, worst camera, and, of course, without the ability to take 9 years of paid content with me.  No thanks.

Larger screen, equal resolution, better camera. Probably equally impressive processors... I don't know the SnapDragon 820 vs the A10 Fusion. Double the RAM means the processor has more to work with on the OnePlus 3 though.

Larger screen, better resolution, better camera, significantly better battery, triple the RAM.

And the battery on the the thing is ridiculously good. 30 minutes on it's Dash Charge and I've got enough power for 3 days. I find my battery dying simply because I forget that I have to charge the thing at all anymore.

Why would you compare the most expensive price of the iPhone to the cheapest price of the OnePlus (meaning, the MSRP which I cannot find anyone charging for it...retailers seem to be charging $20-150 more for the MSRP.  So, again, for very little more money you get a ton more quality plus, for people already using the iPhone, they get to keep everything.  This is a no-brainer.

Oh, and that link gave me a heuristic virus...so thanks for that.

#43 New World Kid

New World Kid

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 5496 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 10:41 AM

View PostLedRush, on 05 October 2016 - 09:40 AM, said:

Weird. Didn't happen for me. Sorry about that.

#44 New World Kid

New World Kid

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 5496 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 10:45 AM

I got mine for $399 direct from OnePlus.

I'm using the prices quoted from a neutral site.

The quality argument is opinion. "Ton more quality" is ridiculous, though.

I don't hate Apple products, but the OnePlus 3 was a no brainer for me.

#45 Fridge

Fridge

The Freezable Fridge™

• Members *
  • 9841 posts
  • Interests:Being a covers band hack
    hillwalking
    Just about anything in the great outdoors

Posted 05 October 2016 - 01:59 PM

View PostTony R, on 04 October 2016 - 03:30 AM, said:

View PostFridge, on 16 September 2016 - 04:36 AM, said:

Apple.....I wouldn't give that bunch of data mining bastards the steam off my shite.

So you'd give to the data mining bastards at Google instead?

Easier to max out your privacy settings on Android etc than Apple...they seem to automatically want you to use their poxy icloud for storage and they make it difficult to avoid it....also they want to tie you into their shitty products and charge you more for the privilege...no thanks.

Of course, Google are data mining bastards too, but they don't try to ensnare you in the death grip that Apple does.

#46 treeduck

treeduck

Tenacious T

• Members *
  • 83476 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 03:43 PM

Never owned any mobile phone, ever! I have no idea what you lot are talking about, not in the slightest. :no:

#47 Ancient Ways

Ancient Ways

That's It™ Sig

• Members
  • 15992 posts
  • Interests:Hanging out with my kids, riding my bike, playing guitar.

Posted 05 October 2016 - 06:45 PM

View PostNew World Kid, on 05 October 2016 - 10:41 AM, said:

Maybe it would be a good idea to remove the link from the post if it's a problem.

#48 LedRush

LedRush

• Members *
  • 24833 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 08:23 PM

View PostNew World Kid, on 05 October 2016 - 10:45 AM, said:

I got mine for $399 direct from OnePlus.

I'm using the prices quoted from a neutral site.

The quality argument is opinion. "Ton more quality" is ridiculous, though.

I don't hate Apple products, but the OnePlus 3 was a no brainer for me.

Instead of using prices from a neutral site, why not use actual prices?  You know, ones that make sense?  Also, you might want to go to a real site and see how the specs compare.  CNET is a good one.

#49 furie

furie

Solar Federalist

• Members *
  • 2304 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 10:56 PM

what i can't stand in the new ios10 is this "click home to unlock" feature. i just figured out how to disable that waste of time.

#50 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21764 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 05 October 2016 - 11:01 PM

View Postfurie, on 05 October 2016 - 10:56 PM, said:

what i can't stand in the new ios10 is this "click home to unlock" feature. i just figured out how to disable that waste of time.

Took me a couple days to get used to it and I still occasionally swipe the screen but no big deal.

#51 New World Kid

New World Kid

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 5496 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 07:22 AM

View PostAncient Ways, on 05 October 2016 - 06:45 PM, said:

View PostNew World Kid, on 05 October 2016 - 10:41 AM, said:

Maybe it would be a good idea to remove the link from the post if it's a problem.

I just went to, and I don't have an edit button for it?

My edit button seems to disappear after about 24 hours. Let me get some screenshots.

Posted Image

I've always assumed this was something that was taken away from me in 2013, along with the Chat Room feature and other stuff. I'm not complaining, this is the first time it's been there when I've wanted to actually edit something.

Edited by New World Kid, 06 October 2016 - 08:20 AM.

#52 alphseeker

alphseeker

Between The Two Wheels

• Members *
  • 8427 posts
  • Interests:All Things Cycling

Posted 10 October 2016 - 11:06 AM

Samsung's Note 7 is a complete failure:  http://www.theverge....-even-happening

#53 x1yyz

x1yyz

The Shark Whisperer

• Members
  • 8821 posts
  • Interests:Stuff. And things.

Posted 10 October 2016 - 02:02 PM

View PostNew World Kid, on 06 October 2016 - 07:22 AM, said:

I just went to, and I don't have an edit button for it?

My edit button seems to disappear after about 24 hours. Let me get some screenshots.

Posted Image

I've always assumed this was something that was taken away from me in 2013, along with the Chat Room feature and other stuff. I'm not complaining, this is the first time it's been there when I've wanted to actually edit something.

Yeah, the edit button is only temporary.  It's been that way as long as I can remember.  In a case like this though you can message a moderator and ask them to remove the link.

#54 Show Don't Tell

Show Don't Tell

The Seeder

• Members *
  • 9208 posts
  • Interests:Music, Hockey, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science.

Posted 05 November 2016 - 05:14 PM

View PostEagleMoon, on 05 October 2016 - 11:01 PM, said:

Took me a couple days to get used to it and I still occasionally swipe the screen but no big deal.
Yeah, wasn't a fan of it at first, but am now used to it. Makes much more sense, actually, if you use Touch ID.

#55 Tony R

Tony R

Prog Archivist

• Members *
  • 16915 posts
  • Interests:stuff

Posted 06 November 2016 - 03:27 AM

Yes. I don't get it at all so I disabled it.

#56 Nooah

Nooah

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Rush, Video games, Computers.

Posted 01 August 2017 - 05:21 PM

I like iOS a lot. But I love android too because it gives you way more power and customization. I also like iOS because of how simple it is.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users