iOS vs. Android

Disk98

Never ever going to own an iDevice. I hate that "walled garden" philosophy Apple shoves down your throat when you buy their stuff. Everything they do has to be incompatible with everyone else, twice the price, and with no control given to the user. Want to develop? You better own a Mac, sign a shit ton of license agreements, only develop on what they want you to develop on, then force you to pay just to put it on your phone. The only benefit I see about having a Mac is that it's built on Unix so you pretty much don't have development issues with most things. But I've been able to make just about anything work on Windows and if I can't I use a Linux virtual machine, because that actually gives me control over stuff.

Oh, and as a user, it doesn't let me do anything to my machine. I'm not allowed to. Apple knows best and all, so why should I ever need to have full control over it? No thanks. I'll stick with Android. And even though it isn't perfect, Windows lets me play games, and lets me do more things to my own machine than Apple ever would.

Wow...you don't happen to work for Samsung or Google do you?

Nope. I just happen to like having control over my devices and not being told what I can and can't do with something I paid for. Apple provides none of those things.

I was just kidding. To each his own I say.

It does seem that people who don't like Apple, REALLY don't like Apple.

Never ever going to own an iDevice. I hate that "walled garden" philosophy Apple shoves down your throat when you buy their stuff. Everything they do has to be incompatible with everyone else, twice the price, and with no control given to the user. Want to develop? You better own a Mac, sign a shit ton of license agreements, only develop on what they want you to develop on, then force you to pay just to put it on your phone. The only benefit I see about having a Mac is that it's built on Unix so you pretty much don't have development issues with most things. But I've been able to make just about anything work on Windows and if I can't I use a Linux virtual machine, because that actually gives me control over stuff.

Oh, and as a user, it doesn't let me do anything to my machine. I'm not allowed to. Apple knows best and all, so why should I ever need to have full control over it? No thanks. I'll stick with Android. And even though it isn't perfect, Windows lets me play games, and lets me do more things to my own machine than Apple ever would.

Nope. I just happen to like having control over my devices and not being told what I can and can't do with something I paid for. Apple provides none of those things.

I was just kidding. To each his own I say.

It does seem that people who don't like Apple, REALLY don't like Apple.

Apple is hated so much, its almost cool again...

:)

• Like 1

iPhones don't catch on fire, which is nice.

On my flight to Hong Kong, everyone could use their cell in flight except for Samsung Note 7 users.

Edited by LedRush
  • Like 1

What he said.

Everyone should just go get a OnePlus 3. Pretty darn good phone, and the price is unbelievable.

I see the price as being about $100-200 less than an iPhone, but with a worse screen, slower processor, worst camera, and, of course, without the ability to take 9 years of paid content with me. No thanks.

Everyone should just go get a OnePlus 3. Pretty darn good phone, and the price is unbelievable.

I see the price as being about $100-200 less than an iPhone, but with a worse screen, slower processor, worst camera, and, of course, without the ability to take 9 years of paid content with me. No thanks.

http://www.phonearen...ones/10017,9816

Larger screen, equal resolution, better camera. Probably equally impressive processors... I don't know the SnapDragon 820 vs the A10 Fusion. Double the RAM means the processor has more to work with on the OnePlus 3 though.

And that's if you're getting a top-of-the-line iPhone.

Also, the price is $570 cheaper for the OnePlus 3.

Compare to a regular iPhone 7...

Larger screen, better resolution, better camera, significantly better battery, triple the RAM.

And it's $450 cheaper there.

http://www.phonearen...10017,9816,9815

And the battery on the the thing is ridiculously good. 30 minutes on it's Dash Charge and I've got enough power for 3 days. I find my battery dying simply because I forget that I have to charge the thing at all anymore.

Edited by New World Kid

Larger screen, equal resolution, better camera. Probably equally impressive processors... I don't know the SnapDragon 820 vs the A10 Fusion. Double the RAM means the processor has more to work with on the OnePlus 3 though.

Larger screen, better resolution, better camera, significantly better battery, triple the RAM.

And the battery on the the thing is ridiculously good. 30 minutes on it's Dash Charge and I've got enough power for 3 days. I find my battery dying simply because I forget that I have to charge the thing at all anymore.

Why would you compare the most expensive price of the iPhone to the cheapest price of the OnePlus (meaning, the MSRP which I cannot find anyone charging for it...retailers seem to be charging $20-150 more for the MSRP. So, again, for very little more money you get a ton more quality plus, for people already using the iPhone, they get to keep everything. This is a no-brainer.

Why would you compare the most expensive price of the iPhone to the cheapest price of the OnePlus (meaning, the MSRP which I cannot find anyone charging for it...retailers seem to be charging $20-150 more for the MSRP. So, again, for very little more money you get a ton more quality plus, for people already using the iPhone, they get to keep everything. This is a no-brainer.

Oh, and that link gave me a heuristic virus...so thanks for that.

Weird. Didn't happen for me. Sorry about that.

I got mine for $399 direct from OnePlus.

I'm using the prices quoted from a neutral site.

The quality argument is opinion. "Ton more quality" is ridiculous, though.

I don't hate Apple products, but the OnePlus 3 was a no brainer for me.

Apple.....I wouldn't give that bunch of data mining bastards the steam off my shite.

So you'd give to the data mining bastards at Google instead?

Easier to max out your privacy settings on Android etc than Apple...they seem to automatically want you to use their poxy icloud for storage and they make it difficult to avoid it....also they want to tie you into their shitty products and charge you more for the privilege...no thanks.

Of course, Google are data mining bastards too, but they don't try to ensnare you in the death grip that Apple does.

Weird. Didn't happen for me. Sorry about that.

Maybe it would be a good idea to remove the link from the post if it's a problem.

I got mine for $399 direct from OnePlus.

I'm using the prices quoted from a neutral site.

The quality argument is opinion. "Ton more quality" is ridiculous, though.

I don't hate Apple products, but the OnePlus 3 was a no brainer for me.

Instead of using prices from a neutral site, why not use actual prices? You know, ones that make sense? Also, you might want to go to a real site and see how the specs compare. CNET is a good one.

what i can't stand in the new ios10 is this "click home to unlock" feature. i just figured out how to disable that waste of time.

Took me a couple days to get used to it and I still occasionally swipe the screen but no big deal.