The 2016-17 NFL Thread

STFU Pete Carroll and get off of the field. You are such a punk!!

STFU Joey Bosa and sign a contract......not that you've earned any of it yet. You are such a PUNK!!

Yeah, great player in college. Surprised he is holding out.

STFU Joey Bosa and sign a contract......not that you've earned any of it yet. You are such a PUNK!!

I'm guessing that it's a combination of his own ego, his agents, and/or his family. Lots of little devils on his shoulder, talking in his ear.

• Like 2

I'm guessing that it's a combination of his own ego, his agents, and/or his family. Lots of little devils on his shoulder, talking in his ear.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/report-says-rest-of-nfl-laughing-at-chargers-over-bosa-holdout-183157399.html

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/report-says-rest-of-nfl-laughing-at-chargers-over-bosa-holdout-183157399.html

No one should be laughing at the Chargers, in my opinion. Criticism, perhaps, for going public with their contract negotiations.

The Packers pay out signing bonuses over the course of the players' contracts. If Bosa thinks he has it rough negotiating with the Chargers, he would be in Hell in Green Bay. Ted Thompson wouldn't put up with this nonsense.

Edited by Principled Man

http://sports.yahoo....-183157399.html

No one should be laughing at the Chargers, in my opinion. Criticism, perhaps, for going public with their contract negotiations.

The Packers pay out signing bonuses over the course of the players' contracts. If Bosa thinks he has it rough negotiating with the Chargers, he would be in Hell in Green Bay. Ted Thompson wouldn't put up with this nonsense.

The Chargers' stance on this issue is bizarre to me. From what I understand, the offset language in the contract would only cost the Chargers approximately two million a year for the duration. With the number three pick in the draft, you'd have to be confident that you got a cornerstone player. Just pay it and get him on the field.
  • Like 1

The Chargers' stance on this issue is bizarre to me. From what I understand, the offset language in the contract would only cost the Chargers approximately two million a year for the duration. With the number three pick in the draft, you'd have to be confident that you got a cornerstone player. Just pay it and get him on the field.

Don't you think that Bosa's stance is even more bizarre? He wants his ENTIRE signing bonus paid NOW, before he's played one down in the NFL.

Being the #3 pick in the draft is no guarantee of anything. He could be a cornerstone player, or he could be a big time bust. This is the hypocrisy of rookie players making such outrageous contract demands....especially when they're drafted in certain "elite" positions.

Aaron Rodgers was the 24th pick in the 2005 draft. He now has more money than he could ever need. He's uber-rich because he earned it, and not because he demanded all of it before his first NFL game.

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

Tony Romo - Broken back vertebrae. Out until mid-season.

I think he should hang it up. He's 36 and rich.

• Like 3

Kaepernick refuses to stand during nat'l anthem as a protest against treatment of people of color in the US. The story:

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/08/27/491636683/49ers-quarterback-sits-out-national-anthem-to-protest-oppression-of-minorities

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick said, according to NFL.com. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

:boo hiss:

• Like 1

Don't you think that Bosa's stance is even more bizarre? He wants his ENTIRE signing bonus paid NOW, before he's played one down in the NFL.

Being the #3 pick in the draft is no guarantee of anything. He could be a cornerstone player, or he could be a big time bust. This is the hypocrisy of rookie players making such outrageous contract demands....especially when they're drafted in certain "elite" positions.

Aaron Rodgers was the 24th pick in the 2005 draft. He now has more money than he could ever need. He's uber-rich because he earned it, and not because he demanded all of it before his first NFL game.

No. I don't. He's at least willing to give an inch with an either/or in the language of the contract. Two million per year should not be a block in this deal for the number three pick in the draft. It's silly. The Chargers should pay him. The contracts of the rookies have been cut dramatically since the last CBA. Bosa's deal is fair. Pay him and get him on the field.

Teddy Bridgewater blows out his knee. A non-contact injury during practice. He had to be sedated as they took him to the hospital.

The Green Bay Packers just clinched the NFC North.

As much as I'd like to agree with you, the Packers haven't won anything yet. On paper, though, they're the very heavy favorite.

They'll have three QB's on the roster. They know full well how it feels to lose their starting QB.

Guys after reading more about this Bridgewater injury, the trainers saved his leg.

Forget football. This wasn't your typical ACL tear.

Tibiofemoral dislocation ... basically, Bridgewater's femur (upper leg) went off the tibia (shin, lower leg.)

This normally occurs mostly in car accidents. The quick action of the trainers to stabilize the leg, may have saved the leg from amputation.

The trainer who did this is named Eric Sugarman.

I don't care what team you root for, this guy is a HERO. I went and thanked him for what he does for these players.

He is on Twitter @EricSugarATC ...

• Like 2

What a surprise.......the NFL has cleared the players named in the bogus Al-Jazeera report.

What a waste of time. There was NO reason for the NFL to cause such a fiasco. :boo hiss:

• Like 2

Desperate Vikings get Sam Bradford from the Eagles.

Price: 2017 1st round pick, 2018 4th round pick

WOW.......

Desperate Vikings get Sam Bradford from the Eagles.

Price: 2017 1st round pick, 2018 4th round pick

WOW.......

Cross your fingers Vikings fans that he stays healthy and finally lives up to his potential. Probably better than paying Kaepernick $11 million.

• Like 1