Epica

Agreed on the metal aspect. I think it's because they are to the heavier side that I like them more than, say, Nightwish (who I also like, but not quite as much). Probably because they were the first band I really listened to in the genre, as well.

Aah OK!

Well when I discovered Epica I was still lukewarm to most of Nightwish and liked a bit of After Forever.

Agreed on the metal aspect. I think it's because they are to the heavier side that I like them more than, say, Nightwish (who I also like, but not quite as much). Probably because they were the first band I really listened to in the genre, as well.

Aah OK!

Well when I discovered Epica I was still lukewarm to most of Nightwish and liked a bit of After Forever.

I think it must've been 2007 when I first heard Epica, cos it was when Never Enough was released as a single, and then I saw them live for the first time in 2008 when they supported Symphony X at the Astoria in London. The only other music I'd listened to in the genre at the time was Nightwish, cos I had their Highest Hopes cd/dvd thing.

Aah OK!

I think it must've been 2007 when I first heard Epica, cos it was when Never Enough was released as a single, and then I saw them live for the first time in 2008 when they supported Symphony X at the Astoria in London. The only other music I'd listened to in the genre at the time was Nightwish, cos I had their Highest Hopes cd/dvd thing.

Aaah! Yeah for me...Nightwish and Epica aren't really all that similar. I feel Epica have their own distinct sound and thematically they rarely venture into Nightwish like waters.

I also am still lukewarm to them. But I am growing more and more impressed with their music! It might not be love but it is a strong respect.

I really like them. Let's leave it at that haha!

The Phantom Agony is a really great debut.

Liked it before and I still really do. Just trekking my way back into their music. It's growing on me.

Simone has a pure voice, what I deemed as weak before is now sounding really beautiful.

• Like 1

The new material got its live debut last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oeg1Rb6YieI

I was checking out some of the other videos posted from this show and it's got me really excited to see them. But unfortunately, just like Nightwish and Within Temptation, I won't be getting their full stage show since they do smaller venues in North America.

Still Simone sounds great in the videos. The band came ready with the new stuff right away which I love. My show is a month from today, so i'll mainly be listening to them until then.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

^^ They're only doing one UK show on this tour and it's a comparatively small venue (Shepherd's Bush Empire) as well, but I've seen them in smaller venues before and they've still been excellent so enjoy! :)

I actually wish I was going to see them now. And Sonata Arctica.

Never mind.

I can honestly see The Holographic Principle being the start of a new obsession.

Wow...wowowowowowowow...this is the album I've always wished to hear from them! I don't even know what it is that makes this one stand out above the others...it's just truly hooked me!

• Like 2

I love the vocals so much.

Maybe Leaves Eyes and The Gentle Storm have opened my ears to even more new music in this vein?

I don't think Simone has ever sounded better than this.

• Like 1

It's confidence, I think. They've been sounding more and more confident over the last few albums, culminating in this one, like they were all building up to this point. I think the band as a whole has kicked up several gears since Isaac joined on Design Your Universe. His guitar playing, soloing and songwriting has added another element to their sound, and made them heavier (which is my thang).

http://assets.blabbermouth.net.s3.amazonaws.com/media/epicalacunacoil2017tourposter.jpg

Yeah I saw this. Both bands hinted this a couple of days ago!

Very good lineup. I like Epica and I've heard of Lacuna Coil before.

http://assets.blabbermouth.net.s3.amazonaws.com/media/epicalacunacoil2017tourposter.jpg

Yeah, i've heard of that Lacuna Coil before as well. I think it was back in 2003 or something :LOL:

I had to miss Epica last year when they came to Toronto because of work but I think my friend and I will try again this time. Especially with LC being on the bill. It makes the two hour drive there even more worth it with both of them playing.

• Like 1

Yeah, i've heard of that Lacuna Coil before as well. I think it was back in 2003 or something :LOL:

I had to miss Epica last year when they came to Toronto because of work but I think my friend and I will try again this time. Especially with LC being on the bill. It makes the two hour drive there even more worth it with both of them playing.

I've got to say I'd love this line up. Epica are great live from what I've seen and I'm appreciating them more and more with time.

Lacuna Coil are on a high at the moment. Delirium has finally won me round (took some dark moments for me to click with some of the concept...and it's not a dark album really it's sort if a group therapy sort of record lol...i sound crazy).

Jealous.

I Still question my purpose on this earth when I remember that in 2014 Lacuna Coil toured with Paradise Lost less than 30 miles from me and...I didn't go...

Still don't care. I'm surprised anyone on this board does (and doesn't hear the marketing bend to their 'sound').

The reason this bothers me is that the time people spend listening to this overwrought schlock they're not spending on more meaningful stuff.

Edited by stoopid

Still don't care. I'm surprised anyone on this board does (and doesn't hear the marketing bend to their 'sound').

The reason this bothers me is that the time people spend listening to this overwrought schlock they're not spending on more meaningful stuff.

You should consider breeding with Fraroc.

I'm too old to breed, but thanks for trying to hook me up/help me out. :P

• Like 1

I'm too old to breed, but thanks for trying to hook me up/help me out. :P

Anytime haha

I love Epica. They're my new favorite band. I missed them when they toured here with Eluveitie but I like what I've seen on Youtube. Simone's flaming red hair is epic in itself. My hair used to be the same color as hers. My favorite tracks so far are Storm the Sorrow, Unleashed and Never Enough.

http://youtu.be/FfLtA8SkmVw

• Like 1

I am not really what you would call a fan of this band.

But I might have come round 100%!

The Holographic Principle captured my interest last year for a short while. But today I bought the ultimate edition as it was going for a nice price and blasting it loudly I have to say, this band might be the greatest in the genre!

I actually find myself at times going "Nightwish, who?".