Epica

I just don't connect with this band.

But my goodness I do love the fact they push themselves to be anything BUT cookie cutter boring.

I have no doubt they are a real treat. Just not a fan. But from time to time I play an album or two.

Leaves Eyes are great. Simone contributed vocals to their latest album King Of Kings recently.

Edited by Segue Myles

Hearing splendid things about this album

Maybe this time it will click for me? I quite liked the two released songs.

Oh I do love Nuclear Blast for all their efforts with Earbooks! I have the last Nightwish album like that. Beautiful!

I just got the iTunes version of the album. Didn't realise that there would be 17 songs on it :o

It appears that the last five songs after the title track are acoustic. It looks like i've got a lot of stuff to learn before I see them on November 6th. I will be giving this a listen later today.

^^ Yeah, that's the 2-disc version, effectively (the second disc being 'The Acoustic Principle').

Well. Up until now Design Your Universe and The Quantum Enigma were my favourites, but this one's so confident it's quite blown me away. It's consistently first class throughout, and it's very heavy. Needs to sink in a bit before I can really say where it fits for me, but Beyond the Matrix and Dancing In A Hurricane are really standing out at the moment.

Segue, I can't honestly say you'll like it if the haven't already clicked for you but, hey, give it a go.

Oh I do love Nuclear Blast for all their efforts with Earbooks! I have the last Nightwish album like that. Beautiful!

What exactly is an Earbook?

In this case it's a 3-cd version of the album (the album itself, the acoustic cd, and a cd of instrumental versions) in a 48-page hardcover LP-sized book, which has more photos and such than the regular cd version.

SImone's doing a live Q&A on FB at the moment.

• Like 1

I think I'm just gonna try the latest album. The reviews are ecstatic, and after my recent conversion to Sonata Arctica after ten years of indifference I am wondering if they could be my next obsession. After all...I haven't ever not enjoyed an Epica album...I've just never been in love haha

But yeah...I'm gonna try them out!

No. This band is just a no. Nothing about them stands out as special.

Love the fact they don't do anything half heartedly though. Glad this band connects with so many!

The new album is nothing great...but who knows? I already sorta want to play it again haha

Horses for courses, and all that! :D

I do seem to be liking this one more with the next play...

Horses for courses, and all that! :D

I do seem to be liking this one more with the next play...

A few more posts and they'll be your fave! :LOL:

Hahaha I know that's my worry coz...this is always happening to me haha

I'm still stunned it happened with Sonata Arctica AND Kansas haha

• Like 1

I always listen to Epic when new stuff comes out.

They are always interesting.

They are a multi layered band. So I can see why someone who likes other bands in this genre but has a hard time getting into them. They give you a lot to take in with their albums.

My issue is I don't like Simone's voice and I can't stand the terrible growls either...