• 7907 posts
  • Interests:Music
    Munros in Scottish Highland
    Constructing weird grammar phrases in TRF posts
    It is what it is - and forever!

Posted 04 August 2016 - 02:59 PM

View PostTombstone Mountain, on 04 August 2016 - 02:30 PM, said:

View Postgreyfriar, on 02 August 2016 - 04:36 AM, said:

Spring of 2015 was a hard time for me. I've gone already through a turbulent phase in 2014 (exams, split-up of my relationship, falling in love with my current girl...). It was an emotional rollercoaster and I didn't see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Out of nowhere my father died on the 8th of May and I decided to have a few drinks that night. I sat in my living room, don't know what to do and turned on the computer. It was opening night of the R40 tour and as I received the first signals from a thing called Periscope, everything changed. I had found a new priority in my life. The burning question was...how can I manage it to cross the pond and see this show?
After I had dealt with all my private inconveniences, I tried to find a date for the trip.
June went and I decided to go to the Kansas, Denver and Salt Lake shows. That idea came very fast to an abrupt end and I planned for Vancouver, Seattle and Portland. Now this idea died almost faster than my first attempt. My mother had a surgery and she was in hospital in early July. As she returned it was pretty clear that I had only one chance left - 3 days LA, the grand finale...
So glad you made the trip man. It was a highlight of my life to sit and drink beers with you poolside, and just get to know each other. Hanging out at the show is a memory that'll live in my mind forever!
Yeah, it really was a cool time we had there, my friend, but hey, next time we'll stretch it, 2 or 3 days longer. :cheers:

Edited by greyfriar, 04 August 2016 - 03:01 PM.

Sponsored Post

#22 treeduck

treeduck

Tenacious T

• Members *
  • 83442 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 11:54 PM

Is it 1 year already?

#23 x1yyz

x1yyz

The Shark Whisperer

• Members
  • 8821 posts
  • Interests:Stuff. And things.

Posted 11 August 2016 - 09:11 AM

View Posttreeduck, on 10 August 2016 - 11:54 PM, said:

Is it 1 year already?

They've now been retired for over a year :(

#24 Disk98

Disk98

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3908 posts
  • Interests:New York Yankees
     electronics
    bass guitar
    piano

Posted 11 August 2016 - 09:27 AM

View Postx1yyz, on 11 August 2016 - 09:11 AM, said:

Is it 1 year already?

I don't see Geddy and Alex sitting around doing nothing too much longer.  Neil, on the other hand, is more than likely done.

#25 greyfriar

greyfriar

River Rhine BurgerMeister

• Members
  • 7907 posts
  • Interests:Music
    Munros in Scottish Highland
    Constructing weird grammar phrases in TRF posts
    It is what it is - and forever!

Posted 11 August 2016 - 09:30 AM

View Postx1yyz, on 11 August 2016 - 09:11 AM, said:

Is it 1 year already?

I hate the fing r-word (but only when it comes to Rush). :hail:

#26 rftag

rftag

The Seeker

• Members *
  • 276 posts
  • Interests:Scuba diving, travel, science, philosophy, wildlife, skepticism, belief systems, consciousness

Posted 16 August 2016 - 04:12 PM

View Postgoose, on 01 August 2016 - 01:06 PM, said:

Posted Image

I had a great time at the Portland show with with my friends and RUSH roadtrippers of 30+ years. From the left are Mark, Dennis (best man @my wedding), and Jeff.  I'm on the right.  The four of us always put on a show for those sitting around us, as we know every lyric and note and sing/play along in concert with the band.  The R40 show was a perfect end to three decades of RUSH memories with these guys.

Great idea for a thread, Gina!

I agree, great thread.

I was at the Portland show also. In fact I was probably in the bar you took this pic at the same time (that place across the street from the arena, right?).

The Portland show was great. I also saw them in Atlanta (actually Alpharetta) earlier in the tour. I loved both shows but they were definitely tighter by the time they hit Portland. I also had tickets for the last show of the tour but couldn't make it and had to sell them on StubHub.

My only regret is that they did the same set list on both shows I saw (setlist A, my least favorite of the sets). All of the setlists were great however.

I DESPERATELY wanted to see them do Natural Science!

But oh well.

Being able to see the shows you couldn't get to on Periscope that tour and chat about it in real time on this forum is another thing that made R40 very special.

In many ways my favorite Rush tour.

Edited by rftag, 16 August 2016 - 04:13 PM.

#27 Mystic Slipperman

Mystic Slipperman

From Genesis to Armageddon

• Members
  • 3139 posts
  • Interests:Playing and writing music.

Posted 16 August 2016 - 05:05 PM

I have a picture, pre-show, from outside the L.A. Forum with a couple of my bandmates and other friends. It's one of my favorite pictures of last year. I'll try to grab it and post it later. :)

#28 Huge Ackman

Huge Ackman

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 601 posts
  • Interests:Football, hockey, cycling, golf, music

Posted 05 September 2016 - 10:35 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users