Tom Jackson - OUT at ESPN

Apparently their pregame shows will be nothing more than going to a local bar and asking patrons for their opinions. That's all they can afford.

Apparently their pregame shows will be nothing more than going to a local bar and asking patrons for their opinions. That's all they can afford.

Maybe now they'll bring Rush Limbaugh back with Donovan McNabe as co-host.

:facepalm:

How can anyone not like Tom Jackson?

Because he sucks. :LOL:

And brings up political BS.

Maybe now they'll bring Rush Limbaugh back with Donovan McNabe as co-host. ;)

• Like 1

Because he sucks. :LOL:

And brings up political BS.

Maybe now they'll bring Rush Limbaugh back with Donovan McNabe as co-host. ;)

Could be worse,

Keith Olbermann :cool:

• Like 1

His football analysis is very good, and he doesn't hesitate to call players out for dogging it. I respected him a lot.

• Like 3

They will replace him with a guy who takes the least amount of money. Football knowledge not important.

That is their entire business model right now.

If they are on TV, they have had their pay cut, or are being underpaid.

So next time you ask..hey where is so and so??

More info:

ESPN has hired recently-retired NFL players Charles Woodson and Matt Hasselbeck and imported Randy Moss from Fox Sports while releasing Cris Carter, Keyshawn Johnson and Ray Lewis. Mike Ditka will also No longer be appearing on Sunday or Monday NFL Countdown. (ESPN also plans to give Trent Dilfer added exposure on their Sunday show after Dilfer agreed to a pay cut.) Berman who will be replaced in 2017 is not happy with Jackson's departure and new staff.

OK, this ESPN is a trainwreck....and football starts in 5 weeks?? This will be entertaining to say the least

More info:

ESPN has hired recently-retired NFL players Charles Woodson and Matt Hasselbeck and imported Randy Moss from Fox Sports while releasing Cris Carter, Keyshawn Johnson and Ray Lewis. Mike Ditka will also No longer be appearing on Sunday or Monday NFL Countdown. (ESPN also plans to give Trent Dilfer added exposure on their Sunday show after Dilfer agreed to a pay cut.) Berman who will be replaced in 2017 is not happy with Jackson's departure and new staff.

OK, this ESPN is a trainwreck....and football starts in 5 weeks?? This will be entertaining to say the least

Woodson and Hasselbeck are very good additions. Moss is not a good addition; he won't last.

Carter, Johnson and especially Lewis are good departures. Berman should be grateful that he's still allowed on the network. He shouldn't complain at all.

• Like 1

More info:

ESPN has hired recently-retired NFL players Charles Woodson and Matt Hasselbeck and imported Randy Moss from Fox Sports while releasing Cris Carter, Keyshawn Johnson and Ray Lewis. Mike Ditka will also No longer be appearing on Sunday or Monday NFL Countdown.

C'MON MAN...eh not anymore.

• Like 1

More info:

ESPN has hired recently-retired NFL players Charles Woodson and Matt Hasselbeck and imported Randy Moss from Fox Sports while releasing Cris Carter, Keyshawn Johnson and Ray Lewis. Mike Ditka will also No longer be appearing on Sunday or Monday NFL Countdown.

C'Mon Man and Jacked Up......gone forever

More info:

C'Mon Man and Jacked Up......gone forever

:(

I'm glad I don't have or watch ESPN I wouldn't recognize any of the new announcers. So all these releases are due a cost cutting measures? Since when has ESPN become broke?
  • Like 1

I'm glad I don't have or watch ESPN I wouldn't recognize any of the new announcers. So all these releases are due a cost cutting measures? Since when has ESPN become broke?

When people started cutting the cable TV cord. So this is all somewhat recent.

• Like 2

ESPN overbid for the NBA. Ad revenue and ratings and cord cutters are killing profit. In fact, they have NO Profit.

The NBA is using this $$ to drive salaries up for the 1st time in a very long time. Average players are getting $18 mil per season, but the ad revenue does not match up. NBA does not care, they will get paid until 2019.

This will drastically effect ESPN 's ability to bid new contracts in ALL sports. The 1st step is cutting staff.

When people started cutting the cable TV cord. So this is all somewhat recent.

Exactly and it's getting worse for them. 10 million down in 3 years

The other problem for ESPN is they are late to the App game. The ESPN Apps are a joke.

Also, when Verizon bought Yahoo, that's problematic for ESPN.

Verizon is the official network of the NFL and Yahoo is the exclusive online partner of the NFL.

In 2-5 Years ALL NFL will be online. So u will be able to get a Sunday Ticket without DirectTV which is owned by AT&T

Cable is dead

• Like 1

The other problem for ESPN is they are late to the App game. The ESPN Apps are a joke.

Also, when Verizon bought Yahoo, that's problematic for ESPN.

Verizon is the official network of the NFL and Yahoo is the exclusive online partner of the NFL.

In 2-5 Years ALL NFL will be online. So u will be able to get a Sunday Ticket without DirectTV which is owned by AT&T

Cable is dead

I believe Verizon just bought out Yahoo.