What's the most money you've paid for a single CD?

treeduck

Maybe $ 16.99 or something close to that when we first got a CD player years ago? Way too much for sure, but there was no internet, etc. to bring competition and bring prices down.

I'm not sure what I would be prepared to pay now; it would depend on what/who it was. I would probably still have a brain freeze at $ 16.99! I'm not that dude that paid 2 million for the single pressing of the Wu Tang album. :D

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 3

The most I paid was £35 (what was then $55) about 10 years ago for a Japanese edition of an album that I couldn't get any other way. It was a double album so it may have cost a little more at regular prices.
  • Like 2

I think I paid something like $22.99 for Different Stages before it went out of print. Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 4

I think I paid something like $22.99 for Different Stages before it went out of print.

It went out of print?

Yes it did.

$19.99 for Rage's Execution Guaranteed a month or so ago and that was a used price. I've been looking for an album of theirs for awhile, so I'd have payed anything especially for an older album of theirs.

I did pay over 50 dollars for Helloween's My God-Given Right (the 3D earbook edition) but it's 2 discs so I'm not sure if that would count.

• Like 1

I paid $35 for a soundboard version of a Stones concert I was at in 1994...

This was 1995...long pawned off and converted to digital...;

• Like 1

I think the most I paid for a CD is 12.00$ for my Rush Icon 2 CD.

That's the one with the Necromancer on it and Twilight Zone isn't it? Having the Necromancer on it must make it the ultimate best of album of all time! :blaze:

• Like 2

I paid $30 for Jon Anderson's Alias of Sunhillow on vinyl.

That shit was RARE in 1988. And it was worth it, considering the Yes fan boy that I was/am.

Edited by Maverick
  • Like 1

Depending on what your definition of 'CD' is,

I once met a girl in a club in North Soho that cost me more than the 50 bucks I spent on her// him

For some reason the champagne tastes just like Cherry Cola :coy: :hail: :huh: :o :| :unsure:

• Like 2

The most I paid was £35 (what was then $55) about 10 years ago for a Japanese edition of an album that I couldn't get any other way. It was a double album so it may have cost a little more at regular prices.

¥1000 is a bargain for a single cd, ¥1500 isn't bad, ¥2000 not unusual, ¥2500 not surprising either. Don't know what the yen to euro or pound rate currently is but to the U.S. dollar ¥100 is probably around 95 cents.

CD? Not so much.

Vinyl record? You guys do not wanna know....................

You've likely sold your soul quite a few times. And my brethren will collect in the end :blaze:

:P I sure have

¥1000 is a bargain for a single cd, ¥1500 isn't bad, ¥2000 not unusual, ¥2500 not surprising either. Don't know what the yen to euro or pound rate currently is but to the U.S. dollar ¥100 is probably around 95 cents.

The current rate is £1 = 139.753 Yen.

I find these days that Japanese imports are a lot cheaper, twice as cheap as 10 years ago.

Edited by treeduck

When I was stationed on Okinawa in the early 1980's, albums were 1500 yen and the yen to dollar rate at the time was about 290/$1. I bought several Rush albums that still have the "obi" on them which supposedly increases their re-sale.