VH1 Classic Turnning Into MTV Classic

Permanent-Rush

Taken From the Eddie Trunk Website:

By now most have heard the announcement that VH1 Classic will cease to exist as of August 1. I knew this was happening for some time and it was mentioned in the past. But now MTV Networks has made it official. We were first told of this happening last year. It’s the reason That Metal Show was cancelled. You see TMS was THE franchise for VH1C. But when they decided there would be no more VH1C, there was no need to continue to make the flagship show. They didn’t care nobody was watching because they knew they were pulling the plug on the channel in due time. Most of the execs I worked with are now no longer there. So all of this had something to do with things way bigger than TMS. VH1C will become MTV Classic as of 8/1. I have no idea what that channel will look like or if they will air old TMS. For me seeing VH1C end is truly the end of an era personally. It was my first TV job back in 2002, and I have worked for the channel 13 years! I did a ton of stuff beyond TMS over the years. I am as equally as proud of that stuff that less people saw, as I am in producing and co-hosting what became the channels biggest ever show. When I think of all my years with VH1C I am grateful to have been such a huge part of it and work with many great people, but I’d be lying if I said there wasn’t a part thinking what could have been if they invested in developing the channel more. RIP VH1 Classic. MANY great memories!

The trailer is here if you want to see it:

• Like 2

I am now sad because of this.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

I loved watching That Metal Show on that channel. I would stay up late just for that show and nothing else. TMS is my favorite TV show and now I do not think it will ever come back. At least I saw a good last episode.

Edited by Surrender74
  • Like 1

Bad news is VH1 will not be hosting those old That Metal Show's on their servers.

If you want those shows, someone needs to download them now..

When networks change names, old shows become dust

• Like 2

Bad news is VH1 will not be hosting those old That Metal Show's on their servers.

If you want those shows, someone needs to download them now..

When networks change names, old shows become dust

I can not download them, can someone do that for me? I want to see more than season 14 and a few episodes on Vimeo.

(BTW, if you want to upload them somewhere, you can not upload them to youtube.)

Edited by Surrender74
  • Like 1

Wait. Will I still be able to buy season 14 on I-Tunes? I only have 2 episodes and I want to get the rest.

If you are renting/ buying..ie- If they are making $$, they will leave it up there.

But remember it costs them $$ for each purchase, so they will pull the plug eventually.

I'll look for them online, but they won't be on You Tube

• Like 1

They should do flashbacks of MTV Top 20 like how Casey Kasem is on every weekend on the radio. I watched that show every week from early 90s to the end. Adam Curry was the best of the VJs back then.

MTV was great the first few years it was on, then it went downhill when the focus went to other things other than videos.

• Like 4

They should do flashbacks of MTV Top 20 like how Casey Kasem is on every weekend on the radio. I watched that show every week from early 90s to the end. Adam Curry was the best of the VJs back then.

MTV was great the first few years it was on, then it went downhill when the focus went to other things other than videos.

Yeah.

• Like 1

MTV was great for its first decade. It was in the early 90s when it went downhill and stopped being just about the music videos. Putting shows like The Real World on the air is just unforgivable.

• Like 5

MTV was great for its first decade. It was in the early 90s when it went downhill and stopped being just about the music videos. Putting shows like The Real World on the air is just unforgivable.

I agree with you. Once it started being less about music and more about reality television I quit watching.

• Like 4

Eh. I would say it was solid right up until about the mid nineties. Then it went to shit .

• Like 3

I'll be stoked for this change if they show a lot of the 90s animated shows like Beavis and Butthead, The Maxx, Liquid Television, etc.

Some B&B, some Daria, some Aeon Flux, not sure what else. So far the music videos haven't been worth watching. Nickelback, 3 Doors Down, Vertical Horizon. All shit from the 90's.

BRING BACK THE 80's!

• Like 3

Agreed!

Yeah.

:LOL:
  • Like 2

Agreed!

The Real World San Francisco with Puck was epic!!!

They have mostly MTV stuff, but at night(sometimes) they have some VH1 Classic stuff including TMS, behind the music remastered , rock fest, and metal mania.

They heard you yelling about it.

Good job

• Like 1