Pop Punk Thread

SuperSmasher....check out Moose Blood!

Pop punk with an early 2000's emo edge! They remind me so much of Brand New and Jimmy Eat World...they really British and they have knocked Young Guns off the top of my favourite brit bands list haha

I will listen to them this week!

Yay!

BTW do you like Jimmy?

• Like 1

Pop punk with an early 2000's emo edge! They remind me so much of Brand New and Jimmy Eat World...they really British and they have knocked Young Guns off the top of my favourite brit bands list haha

Yay!

BTW do you like Jimmy?

Yes. I haven't listened to them in a while. I might play something by them this week.

Yay!

BTW do you like Jimmy?

Yes. I haven't listened to them in a while. I might play something by them this week.

Try the latest album, Integrity Blues. They are growing old very gracefully haha

• Like 1

Yay!

BTW do you like Jimmy?

Try the latest album, Integrity Blues. They are growing old very gracefully haha

I'll play that and Bleed American later this week. I'm checking out Moose Blood's first album right now, with intent to listen to Blush afterwards.

Yay!

BTW do you like Jimmy?

I'll play that and Bleed American later this week. I'm checking out Moose Blood's first album right now, with intent to listen to Blush afterwards.

I love both albums!

They even make references to Jimmy and Brand New in the lyrics. And unlike so many bands, they love that people enjoy them for being "emo" and they are proud nd absolutely in love still with all those bands and albums that influenced them!

I think Moose Blood are basically my best friends from high school, but cooler nd in a rock band! It actually makes me happy hearing them and remembering the scene as it was when I was younger and this sound was less clinical, but still mainstream.

• Like 1

Yay!

BTW do you like Jimmy?

I love both albums!

They even make references to Jimmy and Brand New in the lyrics. And unlike so many bands, they love that people enjoy them for being "emo" and they are proud nd absolutely in love still with all those bands and albums that influenced them!

I think Moose Blood are basically my best friends from high school, but cooler nd in a rock band! It actually makes me happy hearing them and remembering the scene as it was when I was younger and this sound was less clinical, but still mainstream.

I'm enjoying it! Just started Blush. I can't find unblocked videos of Blush songs on youtube. Edited by Super25Smasher

Ska did indeed originate in Jamaica.

It came to England via Jamaican refugees after WW2.

It had an affinity with early punk as it dealt with social injustice

for the most part.

Madness was very much the brighter side of the genre.

I must admit, I'm not familiar with those early Police songs before Roxette.

I agree Punk needs to have a raw sound .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I58tsdmA5Co

My favorite album of the late 70's/early 80's ska revival albums.

Edited by goose
  • Like 2

Ska did indeed originate in Jamaica.

It came to England via Jamaican refugees after WW2.

It had an affinity with early punk as it dealt with social injustice

for the most part.

Madness was very much the brighter side of the genre.

I must admit, I'm not familiar with those early Police songs before Roxette.

I agree Punk needs to have a raw sound .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I58tsdmA5Co

My favorite album of the late 70's/early 80's ska revival albums.

A superb album. In fact, it's close to flawless. "Mirror in the Bathroom" is a crushing tune. "Best Friend" is, perhaps, one of the catchiest and most intelligent pop songs ever.

• Like 2

Pop punk mixed with ska from my one of my favorite punk bands, Less Than Jake!

Edited by Super25Smasher

My introduction to classic Wire was an EP titled Play Pop. Picked it up shortly after first hearing "Ahead." It had this, Mannequin, Map Ref, I am the Fly, Dot Dash, 12XU and Lowdown. I was hooked, as badly as one can be hooked. Still have it in the collection. Along with New Order's Factus 8 and Big Country's Wonderland, my favorite EP.

Edited by Rutlefan

May or may not be the place for this, but I find Fall Out Boy's From Under The Cork Tree a masterpiece of pop rock, or pop punk, or whatever you call it. It's pure ear candy, with witty, teenage, semi-angsty, kind of hilarious lyrics (and song titles), and plenty of awesome riffage, and super satisfying grooves.
  • Like 1

This is one of my top 5 favorite bands. I've seen them live 6 times, and they always play a great show. This is one of their newest songs.

They lean more towards heartland with their hometown Springsteen influence but Gaslight Anthem deserves more love. Would love to hear a new album from them since their last one was in 2014 and Fallon as done a couple of solo albums since then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_TI14Z5NNQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oST77VRHXt0

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 1

This year has been a great one for pop punk. Several of my favorite bands put out great albums.

Here's some of my favorites:

State Champs - Kings Of The New Age 

Young Culture - You Had To Be There 

The Wonder Years - The Hum Goes On Forever 

Stand Atlantic - F.E.A.R.

Prince Daddy And The Hyena - Prince Daddy And The Hyena 

Pollyanna - Slime

In Her Own Words - Distance Or Decay 

On the more emo side:

Tiny Moving Parts - Tiny Moving Parts

Carly Cosgrove - See You In Chemistry 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Super25Smasher said:

This year has been a great one for pop punk. Several of my favorite bands put out great albums.

Here's some of my favorites:

State Champs - Kings Of The New Age 

Young Culture - You Had To Be There 

The Wonder Years - The Hum Goes On Forever 

Stand Atlantic - F.E.A.R.

Prince Daddy And The Hyena - Prince Daddy And The Hyena 

Pollyanna - Slime

In Her Own Words - Distance Or Decay 

On the more emo side:

Tiny Moving Parts - Tiny Moving Parts

Carly Cosgrove - See You In Chemistry 

I need to check all of these out!

I have been very pop punk and emo enthralled this year.

(I even did a pop punk song)

• Like 1