What Concerts Do You Regret Missing

Queen + Adam Lambert. Friend bought an extra ticket just for me, asked me too late...I was already signed up to go to an expensive saxophone camp all week that week, no time for a concert in Chicago. :(

On the other hand that meant Rush with my dad was my first concert, so bright side still came through.

I really would only be interested in seeing the band with Freddy. I was just becoming old enough to go to concerts at about the same time they stopped touring due to Freddy's declining health.

I can understand that, but seeing as I was born 7 years after Freddie passed, you can see how seeing even the remnants of Queen with a killer singer doing Fred some small justice would have me screaming like a little girl and rushing to the box office if I had the cash and time. Man oh man do I wish they'd just come back to America for one more round with Lambert before they break it off...or worse...

Kings X London Astoria 1990.....Had just returned from a holiday to Corfu with my brother and was mega hungover, so went for a quick nap before catching flight to London......slept too long and missed flight....gutted.

My anniversary thread brought to light another concert that I really regret not attending when I had the chance: The final RUSH LA show. I knew I'd blown it when I saw the great TRF meet-up pics posted by Duff and others. Greyfriar made from Germany, and I didn't make the 8-hour drive? :facepalm:

:16ton:

Buddy Guy in Vancouver. I was in Vancouver and was looking for live bands to see and somehow missed one of my favorite live acts. Buddy was playing on a night we were in the city and he was dirt cheap. I found out about it the day I got back to NY

Too many to mention!

The last one was The Jelly Jam in New Hope last night. I was all set to go but my annually family party got scheduled for then. I didn't even get home until after midnight so it was even too late for plan B which was getting there after the show for a meet and greet.

Rush is the only band I blow off my family party for.

My anniversary thread brought to light another concert that I really regret not attending when I had the chance: The final RUSH LA show. I knew I'd blown it when I saw the great TRF meet-up pics posted by Duff and others. Greyfriar made from Germany, and I didn't make the 8-hour drive? :facepalm:

You didn't miss anything. A bunch of old guys onstage for hours making a lot of noise.

You didn't miss anything. A bunch of old guys onstage for hours making a lot of noise.

Has-beens. I'm sure I'll soon be able to catch them at the next big mall opening...on a double bill with Three Dog Night.
  • Like 1

For me there's only one answer.

I worked at a Tower Records (remember those!?) in 1995 and the Squirrel Nut Zippers were doing a free in store one Friday I happened to be out with walking pneumonia. This was for their 1st album "The Inevitable" and they weren't super famous yet.

Not too long afterwards their trumpet player Stacy Guess left (fired?) and died from a heroin overdose later.

I always regret not seeing one of my favorite bands when they were still up and comers, when Stacy was still alive. Blah.

Black Sabbath when they came to Tampa in 2013. I had the money to have gone but can't believe I didn't find a way to go. I really regret it since it looks like they're not coming back to Florida on the rest of this tour...

And also, when Great White came to Sarasota last year. I'm still kicking myself for not going since it was a free concert at a bike festival and they did a free meet n' greet type thing afterwards.

• Like 1

Not too long afterwards their trumpet player Stacy Guess left (fired?) and died from a heroin overdose later.

I always regret not seeing one of my favorite bands when they were still up and comers, when Stacy was still alive. Blah.

Are you familiar with The Sex Police or Pressure Boys?

Salt in the wound...

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/99711-r40-la-forum-fan-documentary/#entry4061879

:rage:

:P

So many that I missed and wished I hadn't, but some of the worst misses are -

Van Halen/Black Sabbath - City Hall, Newcastle, 1978. Too f*cking slow to get a ticket.

The Jam - Whitley Bay Ice Rink circa 1981/2. Group of colleagues from work were going and had a spare ticket. Just didn't have the cash.

Thin Lizzy - City Hall, Newcastle 1979. I'd see them next time. Only you couldn't because tickets were always like gold dust.Then the band broke up and Phil L died.

U2 - Gateshead Musical Festival 1981/2. Didn't like the rest of the bill (The Police headlined).

But by far the biggest failure was Led Zep at Knebworth 1979!! Ticket offered at face value and free transport. However, this t*t wasn't 'into them' at the time. Doh!

So many that I missed and wished I hadn't, but some of the worst misses are -

Van Halen/Black Sabbath - City Hall, Newcastle, 1978. Too f*cking slow to get a ticket.

The Jam - Whitley Bay Ice Rink circa 1981/2. Group of colleagues from work were going and had a spare ticket. Just didn't have the cash.

Thin Lizzy - City Hall, Newcastle 1979. I'd see them next time. Only you couldn't because tickets were always like gold dust.Then the band broke up and Phil L died.

U2 - Gateshead Musical Festival 1981/2. Didn't like the rest of the bill (The Police headlined).

But by far the biggest failure was Led Zep at Knebworth 1979!! Ticket offered at face value and free transport. However, this t*t wasn't 'into them' at the time. Doh!

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner! :LOL:

Missing out on my first concert in 1973.....a festival that featured James Brown and headlined by Sly & The Family Stone a riot broke out that summer and the show was cancelled.

RUSH the MP & The Signals Tour which I believe both came near by to Hampton Coliseum, Hampton VA. Counterparts tour Capital Centre MD my A League softball team opening night I had two 5 row tickets. We were the defending league and Snowball tourney champs. Sadly I had to be there that night. Needless to say I played horribly that doubleheader my mind was not on the games. I gave the tickets away to a couple nice girls. The ONLY tour I missed since GUP.

More Prince and Michael Jackson tours.

I didn't miss the show but I had to leave early since my 8 year old daughter had to go to school the next morning. It was Ben Harper @ Merriweather Post Pavillian and it was my first time seeing him live 2004.

U2 Pop Mart tour and the Joshua Tree tour both at RFK in DC. The JT tour ONLY lasted 5 songs as Bono slipped fell and broke separated his shoulder. 20 rows back dead center in a crowd of 55,000 it was one awful rainy Sunday Muddy Sunday.

Rush when they played Hershey in 1979, Parents didn't like (or trust) the people I was going with... (now there's a story)

Frank Zappa on the 1988 tour...just didn't get a ticket.

Queen....just not making the effort to ever go see them

A few that I HAD to miss for various reasons: Yes on the 90125 tour, Grateful Dead when they played Harrisburg and Hershey in the 80's, Blue Oyster Cult in the 80's (had to work)

I wish I had been into U2 at this time and seen this tour. I bet it was amazing! (I didn't get into the band until a year or two later.) When they were a young band they were so full of raw energy and passion, and it outshone any lack of talent they may have had.

Edited by x1yyz

Queen....just not making the effort to ever go see them.

Same here. I was a fan but it just never happened. I guess you think bands will be around forever and when they're not there is so much regret not having seen them.

SRV - August 24, 1990 - Kalamazoo County Fair. My hometown. I thought about going but I generally dislike concerts...bad sound, bad people, parking hassles, etc. He died 2 days later in a helicopter crash in Wisconsin. That one haunts me. Rush-wise, they kicked off the 2nd leg of their Moving Pictures tour in Kalamazoo with 4 shows in Feb, 1981. They used Wings Stadium for pre-tour rehearsal as well. They were probably in Kalamazoo for a f***ing week and I didn't go to any shows. At least I didn't miss Signals. Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 2