R40 DVD best performances

Thiagolcst

Pretty much the first set. I have to say I haven't watched the second set in a long time. Don't really enjoy most of the second set. It didn't help that some of the performances were kind of off for them.

Jacobs Ladder, Xanadu, Hemispheres, Cygnus X-1 and 2112 are the the highlight of the disc. Rarely watch anything else due to the painful singing.
  • Like 1

The best bit is when Eaglemoon comes on and moons the band and the audience! :moon: It totally stole the show and was totally worth the beat down she got from security! :smash:

I still have scars. :LOL:

• Like 1

The best bit is when Eaglemoon comes on and moons the band and the audience! :moon: It totally stole the show and was totally worth the beat down she got from security! :smash:

Scars of pleasure or pain?

Scars of pleasure or pain?

Oooo....I'll never tell. ;)

• Like 1

Jacob's Ladder :yes:

If only Alex had played it right . . . sigh.

What did he do wrong?

The riff before the solo and the solo itself should have more bends. He plays more straight notes. I know it sounds like a little thing, but the solo lacks some of the passion and richness because of those little cheats. Unfortunately for me, I am unable to not notice it.

Not to mention the severe lack of pinch harmonics...

Ignorance of the technicalities of music is bliss sometimes! :)

Every musician I've known mentally dissects music into parts by instrument, beats and depending on their knowledge of theory, measures, bridge, refrains...etc. Its not a bad thing but it definitely changes how you listen to something.

I wasn't saying it's a bad thing.

All I said is that it is bliss to be ignorant of technicalities that can mar an otherwise enjoyable experience.

What did he do wrong?

The riff before the solo and the solo itself should have more bends. He plays more straight notes. I know it sounds like a little thing, but the solo lacks some of the passion and richness because of those little cheats. Unfortunately for me, I am unable to not notice it.

Is it on account of he's old and lazy now or is it because of his fingers not being able to do what they once did?

What did he do wrong?

Is it on account of he's old and lazy now or is it because of his fingers not being able to do what they once did?

It's possible that if he was having some issues with arthritis he might have compromised a few things. Bending requires more finger-strength (you're stretching a length of wire that's already stretched fairly taut - not just forcing it down against the neck but then forcing it up or down the width of the neck). You're also running the risk of sounding flat or sharp notes when you bend the strings. The way he did it was a "safer" way, I suppose.

Ignorance of the technicalities of music is bliss sometimes! :)

Every musician I've known mentally dissects music into parts by instrument, beats and depending on their knowledge of theory, measures, bridge, refrains...etc. Its not a bad thing but it definitely changes how you listen to something.

I wasn't saying it's a bad thing.

All I said is that it is bliss to be ignorant of technicalities that can mar an otherwise enjoyable experience.

I didn't say you said it was a bad thing. :)

I still enjoy music as much as I ever did, I don't think it changed that at all.

Edited by EagleMoon

Cygnus X-1 had something really intense about it. At least to me it did. :)

It did. It held shades of the power of young Rush.

• Like 1

I haven't watched the official dvd in a long time. I'm going to make a point of watching it this week.

I was going to watch it this weekend, but never got to it. Sometime this week for sure. I might check out Rio again, too.

• Like 1

I haven't watched the official dvd in a long time. I'm going to make a point of watching it this week.

I was going to watch it this weekend, but never got to it. Sometime this week for sure. I might check out Rio again, too.

Too bad there isn't enough enthusiasm any longer here on TRF to do what they used to do before I got here.

They used to have listening/watching parties. They'd set a time and day and those who were interested would join in watching or listening to the dvd/cd.

I'm going to try to watch it this week, but it might have to wait until next on account of the heat. It's threatening to cool back down to a more comfortable temperature next Sunday.

What does this have to do with watching R40? The computer generates heat. It generates even more heat when I used the DVD player.

Too bad there isn't enough enthusiasm any longer here on TRF to do what they used to do before I got here.

They used to have listening/watching parties. They'd set a time and day and those who were interested would join in watching or listening to the dvd/cd.

I'm going to try to watch it this week, but it might have to wait until next on account of the heat. It's threatening to cool back down to a more comfortable temperature next Sunday.

What does this have to do with watching R40? The computer generates heat. It generates even more heat when I used the DVD player.

Tell you what - let me know when you're planning to watch it. I'll make the time zone calculation and try to watch it at the same time.

Then we can make comments and pretend we're periscoping again.

Tell you what - let me know when you're planning to watch it. I'll make the time zone calculation and try to watch it at the same time.

Tell me what the best days/times are for you.

Maybe next week?

Maybe we can see if anyone else here is interested.

• Like 1

Tell me what the best days/times are for you.

Maybe next week?

Maybe we can see if anyone else here is interested.

Depending on when you do this, I could be in!

• Like 3

The more the merrier. Lorraine can give us the official signal to start (assuming you can have the video up on the screen along with the forum, Lorraine). Edited by toymaker
  • Like 1

The more the merrier. Lorraine can give us the official signal to start (assuming you can have the video up on the screen along with the forum, Lorraine).

I didn't even think of that. :(

The best I could do is to have two windows up - one for the dvd and one for the thread. Then, I'd have to be switching back and forth.

Watching on the computer is the only way I have of watching anything. We don't own a television.

I'm going to start a thread and ask who would be interested.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

You should be able to have both up - you can resize the separate windows?

If I can, it is something I have no idea how to do.

I decided against starting a new thread about it. I'm in no mood for any smart-ass posts. If you know what I mean.

• Like 1

You should be able to have both up - you can resize the separate windows?

If I can, it is something I have no idea how to do.

I decided against starting a new thread about it. I'm in no mood for any smart-ass posts. If you know what I mean.

Once we figure out a good time, I'll post an invitation. As for shrinking a window, it should be the little symbol in the upper right that looks like overlapping squares. You should be able to open a couple of windows and drag them to where you want them.

• Like 1