Temple of the Dog - first tour ever

HemiBeers

Funny, I never got into the album. I hated that song, what was it, "Hunger Strike"? With that said, and if anyone cares, I would definitely see them in concert if I came across affordable tickets. Too much talent to be ignored.

HEADLINE: Temple of the Dog Announce 2016 U.S. Tour to Celebrate 25th Anniversary of Self-Titled Album

Technically, it's not wrong. It is a tour.

But 5 dates a tour does not make ...let me rewrite the headline

Temple of the Dog Announce 2016 select U.S. Concert dates to Celebrate 25th Anniversary of Self-Titled Album

Edited by Disembodied Spirit
  • Like 1

HEADLINE: Temple of the Dog Announce 2016 U.S. Tour to Celebrate 25th Anniversary of Self-Titled Album

Technically, it's not wrong. It is a tour.

But 5 dates a tour does not make ...let me rewrite the headline

Temple of the Dog Announce 2016 select U.S. Concert dates to Celebrate 25th Anniversary of Self-Titled Album

That's barely a warm-up for a tour. Come on guys, give us at least 10 shows with stops in the midwest.

Given they only had one album, the set-list should be really interesting and creative. The non-TOTD songs will probably be Pearl Jam-ish since Kim Thayil is the driving force behind Soundgarden and he's not in the band. Or likely some Chris Cornell solo stuff in the mix.

I'd see that if possible.

With less than an hour of original material, I wonder what their setlist would consist of

I'm guessing there will be some Mother Love Bone thrown in there.
  • Like 2

With less than an hour of original material, I wonder what their setlist would consist of

That's true.

You know, they could play EVERY song recorded by Temple of the Dog & Mother Love Bone and still be under a two hour show.

Can't imagine how different everything would've been if Andrew Wood hadn't passed away.

• Like 2

My favorite album from the "Grunge" era by far. It has stood the test of time like no other album to come out of Seattle. Front to back a fantastic rock album.

I hope they had some more dates. I know they will not sniff Florida. But if they come to Atlanta....I may have to find a way.

• Like 2

That's true.

You know, they could play EVERY song recorded by Temple of the Dog & Mother Love Bone and still be under a two hour show.

Can't imagine how different everything would've been if Andrew Wood hadn't passed away.

Stargazer...

My favorite album from the "Grunge" era by far. It has stood the test of time like no other album to come out of Seattle. Front to back a fantastic rock album.

I hope they had some more dates. I know they will not sniff Florida. But if they come to Atlanta....I may have to find a way.

My favorite as well. Just great heavy rock, full of hooks and skillful musicianship.
  • Like 3

Sucks that Vedder isn't a part of this.

As far as Temple goes, he only cameo'd on Hunger Strike.

Bet he makes a cameo appearance too for at least one of those shows

You'd think so, wouldn't you? For the inevitable video release, if nothing else.
  • Like 1

A 25th anniversary tour to celebrate an insignificant album? I had the album, nothing special at all.

Just my opinion...

A 25th anniversary tour to celebrate an insignificant album? I had the album, nothing special at all.

Just my opinion...

In the summer of 91 two of my good friends died 3 months apart, one by suicide, one from cancer the summer of our high school graduation. I listened to this album many times and it made sense to me, told me it was okay to cry. Ok to yearn, ok to feel. So I wouldn't say this album is insignificant.

• Like 2