OMFG Segue....

fraroc

I think...I love Lacuna Coil now.

Today, this kickass song came on in a "Spotify radio" for heavy metal and I loved it SO much. It was heavy, melodic, and almost symphonic with a healthy mix of guitars and strings. It turned out to be the Lacuna Coil song "Kill The Light"....I started to listen to more of Dark Adrenaline and....I don't know what happened, but despite not liking them before, I suddenly do. Cristina Scabbia sounds a lot more similar to Amy Lee or Carly Smithson than I originally thought when I first discovered them. While Evanesence is amazing at putting pure emotion in their songs, a lot of Lacuna Coil's songs are pretty emotional too.

Anyway, thank you so much for pointing me in their direction to begin with :)

• Like 4

I think...I love Lacuna Coil now.

Today, this kickass song came on in a "Spotify radio" for heavy metal and I loved it SO much. It was heavy, melodic, and almost symphonic with a healthy mix of guitars and strings. It turned out to be the Lacuna Coil song "Kill The Light"....I started to listen to more of Dark Adrenaline and....I don't know what happened, but despite not liking them before, I suddenly do. Cristina Scabbia sounds a lot more similar to Amy Lee or Carly Smithson than I originally thought when I first discovered them. While Evanesence is amazing at putting pure emotion in their songs, a lot of Lacuna Coil's songs are pretty emotional too.

Anyway, thank you so much for pointing me in their direction to begin with :)

THIS IS WHY WE ARE FRIENDS!!

I love LC and Evanescence so I'm happy with any comparisons!

Dark Adrenaline is a masterpiece. A great first album!!

• Like 1

Something tells me that this thread will be to TRF as crossing the streams is to Ghostbusters...

Haha!

Yup I am certain it will get hate but I am so in love with Lacuna Coil I couldn't care less.

And being a Fraroc thread it's bound to get pooped on.

Not phased.

• Like 1

Something tells me that this thread will be to TRF as crossing the streams is to Ghostbusters...

Haha!

Yup I am certain it will get hate but I am so in love with Lacuna Coil I couldn't care less.

Not phased.

:LOL:

Its more the equivalent of feeding the gremlins after midnight.

:laughing guy:

It is good to see the positive vibe here in this thread - Fraroc is happy, Segue is happy -

When I get home later, I will give Dark Adrenaline a listen while I do some paperwork

I don't mind if you don't like it...just bear in mind Lacuna Coil are my everything, even if I do admit their are many greater bands out there (even in my collection).

Which is a better movie than Zappa is music.

Fraroc liking a newer band :clap:

Dark Adrenaline wouldn't be my first pick from Lacuna Coil but i'm glad you're getting into more modern bands. Which was something a number of us had been telling you to do for a long time now.

Also, when comparing any similarities with the sound of LC and Evanescence, remember than LC was around several years before EV were.

Hopefully you enjoy the bulk of Lacuna Coil's output.

• Like 1

I hope you arent trying to goad me. Zappa bashing is trite and usually uninformed.

• Like 1

Haha!

Not phased.

I had Lacuna Coil at the Macaroni Grill the other night, deliziosa!

• Like 1

I hope you arent trying to goad me. Zappa bashing is trite and usually uninformed.

I love ya but I often feel goaded by you.

So I give in.

It's all teasing but you once lectured me on widening out past Springsteen.

Zappa is everything to you, but to me he's no better than refuse.

I don't need to be told I am ill informed.

Music is entertainment and art. Both are subjective. To me his work is mostly garbage but nicely played.

You need to just face the fact I am passed the point caring what anyone thinks about my taste in music and I'm also past the point of feeling I am inferior to others.

So yeah, perhaps I was goading.

But for all the embarrassment my music taste seems to provide others, fair enough but I too can find others taste complete dreck.

Not sure why this thread has to be anything other than an opportunity for Fraroc to gush over a band he has just discovered.

Not a Lacuna Coil fan? Not willing to try?

Leave. Leave just like I leave alone your Zappa thread.

So I give in.

Music is entertainment and art. Both are subjective. To me his work is mostly garbage but nicely played.

You need to just face the fact I am passed the point caring what anyone thinks about my taste in music and I'm also past the point of feeling I am inferior to others.

But for all the embarrassment my music taste seems to provide others, fair enough but I too can find others taste complete dreck.

Not sure why this thread has to be anything other than an opportunity for Fraroc to gush over a band he has just discovered.

I never said anything about Lacuna Coil nor did I try to goad you. I was only follow up quipping to gooses quip.

So I give in.

I never said anything about Lacuna Coil nor did I try to goad you. I was only follow up quipping to gooses quip.

Oh my word DigiDad,

I think once again I am missing screws...

Forgive me I have erratic mood swings and I am battling a tendency to read into things that aren't there...

I'm also sensitive to this turning into another Fraroc bashing.

So me being me I miss the point entirely... :beathorse:

:LOL:
  • Like 1

So I give in.

Oh my word DigiDad,

Forgive me I have erratic mood swings and I am battling a tendency to read into things that aren't there...

:cheers:

So I give in.

Oh my word DigiDad,

If it turns into another me-bashing thread, then I honestly don't care. All I know is that thanks to your help, I discovered that I really do like this band despite being hesitant to listen to new things at first.

So I give in.

Oh my word DigiDad,

If it turns into another me-bashing thread, then I honestly don't care. All I know is that thanks to your help, I discovered that I really do like this band despite being hesitant to listen to new things at first.

Takes time my friend!

I right now am really into bands I've loved for years, and 90's rnb.

Make room for as much as you can!

Stressed Out, Segue?

My name's Blurryface and I care what you think

Love that song.

• Like 1

Stressed Out, Segue?

Love that song.

Wish we could turn back time to the good old days...

great tune

• Like 1

Stressed Out, Segue?

Love that song.

Wish we could turn back time to the good old days...

great tune

Wish we could turn back time, to the good old days

When our momma sang us to sleep but now we're stressed out

Wish we could turn back time, to the good old days

When our momma sang us to sleep but now we're stressed out

YAAAASSSSSS

I'm glad I am not alone in liking some aspect of this band!

This song reeled me in.

I love them. Not sure if I am a permanent fan or of this is just a current obsession soon to pass, but they've been my rock in recent weeks.

• Like 1