Guitar Douches

The sad thing about having a guitar is this, just like a cover band at the dive bar in Everytown USA.

You better know how to play these songs

Brown Eyed Girl, You Can‘t Always Get What You Want, Wish You Were Here

American Girl, Sweet Caroline, American Pie

Pretty Woman, Don‘t Stop Believing, Hotel California

What I Like About You, Free Ride, etc......you get the picture

If you play Xanadu and La Villa Strangiato the average party losers will run for zee hills...

Rule 1- Drunk Broads want to sing and dance to guitar...and they want it ALL ABOUT THEM

The sad thing about having a guitar is this, just like a cover band at the dive bar in Everytown USA.

You better know how to play these songs

Brown Eyed Girl, You Can‘t Always Get What You Want, Wish You Were Here

American Girl, Sweet Caroline, American Pie

Pretty Woman, Don‘t Stop Believing, Hotel California

What I Like About You, Free Ride, etc......you get the picture

If you play Xanadu and La Villa Strangiato the average party losers will run for zee hills...

Rule 1- Drunk Broads want to sing and dance to guitar...and they want it ALL ABOUT THEM

I got the Sublime and Van Morrison on deck ;) don't worry.

• Like 2

So I've been getting pretty into guitar, after playing bass for something like 2 years, I decided a few months ago to pick up an acoustic and learn some folky songs. And I really really love it.

My issue is, when I go to social gatherings, like camping, or the beach, (not house parties that'd be weird) I would like to play a bit, since it's one of my favorite things to do.But I'm afraid I'm going to be seen as a douche who tries to look cool with a guitar, and I don't want to annoy people, so what should I do in this case? Just leave it at home?

Also general thoughts on guys who do this?

I think as long as you sport a man-bun or a slouch-knitted hat you'll be just fine. :D

• Like 4

OMG, like, the fact that there's guys out there who play the instrument just to get laid ruins it for me. Like, literally!

I'm overly concerned with what other people's intentions are! I think I'll play the bass instead, it's less mainstream.

Edited by Mr. Not

Bummer...I thought this was a thread about cleaning guitars.
  • Like 3

I wouldn't want to be "that guy". The point of going to the beach, at least anywhere around here, is to be outdoors (away from human noise, etc). I realize in certain parts of the country the beach is more like a frat house than nature preserve, so it would depend on the etiquette for that area. If you do go, and expect to play "for others", then learn a bunch of cover songs. Wish You Were Here, Stairway, etc. Stuff that people know well and is acoustic based. Otherwise you'll just bore and annoy with pointless noodling.

Would you call La Villa Strangiato pointless?

Just picked up a ukulele as a retirement gift for myself. Going balls-out to be "that uke douche" every chance I get. :LOL:

Not A DOUCHE ! :dweez: :atickhum: :o :o :o :Alex: :yes:

• Like 1

http://youtu.be/8V_hCqO6UQs

Heh, seriously, go ahead and do it! Be prepared for people to ask for requests and ask you to sing (vs. just playing) but it's always nice to listen to someone who can play. :guitar:

"I gave my love a chicken that had no bone."

Wow...that's literally BOTDF tier lyrical content.