OPETH Sorceress - artwork, tracklist

treeduck

Is that video by the same guy who did the Steven Wilson animated videos?

No - if you're thinking of SW's great videos for "Drag Ropes", "The Raven That Refused to Sing", "Drive Home" and "Routine" (absolutely crushing video!) those were all done by Jess Cope. She's in a different league than this video! (not to overly criticize it, but I don't think it was intended as a feature video - just lyric video using some of the album artwork manipulated in some cool ways. Jess Cope's films are f'n artistic masterpieces and are on a different level for sure!)

http://stevenwilsonhq.com/sw/an-interview-with-jess-cope/

In Jess Cope’s world, a minute feels like a lifetime. It took the stop-motion animator 8 months to create the 9-minute music video for Steven Wilson’s “Routine.” Working with a crew of three animators, Jess bought Steven’s story of a bereaved mother to life through fractional, infinitesimal movements of a solitary puppet. On a good day, they’d notch up 12 seconds of footage.
Edited by cygnify
  • Like 1

No surround mix this time? :(

Only in the box set at the moment:

http://store.moderbo...oducts/box-set/

Well that sucks. Certainly not worth getting the whole box.

While I can let the fact it's not a BluRay slide, but it adds insult to injury that it's not even a DVD. How does an Audio CD 5.1 even work? :huh:

No surround mix this time? :(

Only in the box set at the moment:

http://store.moderbo...oducts/box-set/

Well that sucks. Certainly not worth getting the whole box.

While I can let the fact it's not a BluRay slide, but it adds insult to injury that it's not even a DVD. How does an Audio CD 5.1 even work? :huh:

If it's truly an "Audio CD" (and it's not a misprint) then it's likely a DTS disc. They were popular as a surround format 10 years ago. They're a functional way of getting the surround mix distributed, but not of quite the same quality (since it's compressed).

I think the new album is fantastic! Really engrossing from start to finish; a unique blend of metal, rock, folk, fusion, classical, psychedelia; my favorites thus far:

http://youtu.be/FH3fKA7OKeY

http://youtu.be/8A9tR3q_CRE

and "Era" (no link I could find yet)

• Like 1

Jesus!!

Thank Opeth I didn't start a new thread on this album! I didn't see this on the first to pages until now!!

FUKKKING EPIC ALBUM!

I am one of the few who could handle the growl years and the Wilson production shit but man I love their direction.

This album is fuckking AMAZING!!!

DUH!

I have my ticket to see them at The Warfield!

Fuckking THE SWORD IS OPENING!!

BLISS KISS NO MISS MR PISS!!!

OPETH RULES!!

FUCKK THE COOKIE MONSTER CRAP!

THIS BAND HAS EVOLVED!!!!

• Like 4

Jesus!!

Thank Opeth I didn't start a new thread on this album! I didn't see this on the first to pages until now!!

FUKKKING EPIC ALBUM!

I am one of the few who could handle the growl years and the Wilson production shit but man I love their direction.

DUH!

OPETH RULES!!

Portnoy wants to join the band! :syrinx:

Jesus!!

FUKKKING EPIC ALBUM!

DUH!

OPETH RULES!!

HAHAHA!

Glad I know you buddy.

If he was in Opeth I would rather listen to OPRAH!

FUCKK THAT!

Jesus!!

FUKKKING EPIC ALBUM!

DUH!

OPETH RULES!!

HAHAHA!

Glad I know you buddy.

If he was in Opeth I would rather listen to OPRAH!

FUCKK THAT!

He'd probably try and start singing and writing crappy lyrics about his father and something "political". He'd say come on Akerfeldt let's bring back the Cookie monster vocals! And if you won't do them I WIll! COOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKIEEEEEEEEEES!!

• Like 1

DUH!

It's a grower of an album for me, but the more I listen to it, the more I fall in love with it! I saw them last Saturday at Radio City Music Hall and it was the best Opeth show I'll ever see in my life PERIOD! The Sword were very awesome, probably the best band next to Katatonia I've seen open for them (In Flames SUCKED when I saw them open for Opeth 2 years ago). Too bad I don't know the names of their songs yet cause that was the first time I even heard their music, but yeah I totally dig their stoner metal/rock meets prog vibe I got off them.

• Like 2