Should I keep sealed or should I open?

YYZumbi

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should I keep it sealed or should I open and play it?

• Open and play it dammit, its meant to be played!
    • Keep it sealed, it might be worth something in the future, and it is a limited edition after all.

Should I keep this limited edition on blue vinyl bootleg recorded during 1980 sealed or should I open and play it? Help me! I can not decide! I do also have the Spirit Of The Airwaves vinyl bootleg which is recorded during same tour, and only one day after this one.

http://i.imgur.com/9Fc8EH0.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/4qXVK1G.jpg

• Like 3

http://www.puppets4less.com/2847_PackRat.jpg

not related to the topic

No.

• Like 4

Now that you have shown how beautiful it is to all, it's time to open it and enjoy it for the sake of your health!
  • Like 1

The "Limited Edition" thing probably means about as much as getting a COA with an autographed item. I think that keeping it sealed won't help with its value in the future. Personally, I don't understand paying for anything bootleg.
  • Like 1

http://www.puppets4less.com/2847_PackRat.jpg

not related to the topic

No.

:LOL: Couldn't have said it better myself.

I don't understand.

• Like 1

Why do you keep buying bootlegs?

Because I enjoy them and want them in my collection?

Sometimes I see the appeal.

Like this one...

Do whatever you want, seriously....If you think it's best it remains unused, then by all means don't open it.

If you want to listen to it, then open it.

Ooooh, blue and sparkly! That part is cool. If it were me, I would have to play it just to see what the sound quality of that kind of vinyl would be?? I dunno. But it's blue and sparkly! :notworthy:
  • Like 3

Play It. Even the rarest, most expensive sport memorabilia was played with in a game at one time. Beside, Rush is not nearly on the same collectable level as The Beatles, The Stones, etc. so it will never become off the charts valuable.
  • Like 1

Do whatever you want, seriously....If you think it's best it remains unused, then by all means don't open it.

Ofcourse I do whatever I want, but I cant decide. Thats why I am asking for peoples opinions/votes.....

Also, it totally looks like an official release.

This is I think one of the most beautiful looking bootlegs I have seen in recent years from any band!

It strongly reminds me of the cover art of Starcastle.

Ofcourse I do whatever I want, but I cant decide. Thats why I am asking for peoples opinions/votes.....

I say play it. If it sounds good, it may be worth getting another just as a backup or for ornamentation.

It looks better to my eyes than any of the official Rush live releases!

I say you should open it and listen to it.

If you just like the thought of owning it, that's perfectly fine- you wouldn't have to open it. But as for me, I buy music because I want to listen to it. And the value of it, the money- to another collector, I don't think it would be very different, whether it's sealed or merely 'near mint'.

Enjoy it!