What Fast Foods Restaurants Do You Dislike

Anything that isn't Jack in the Box, I dislike

"Listen punks! Jack's employees have been working their buns off to make the best burger, shakes, and fries around!"

I had the absolute worst fast food experience ever at a Jack In The Box. It was some years ago, and I can't believe they're still in business.

I'd like to hear about what happened. My husband has been getting me stuff from there lately on Saturday evening - Jumbo Jack and two tacos.

It's like bottom of the barrel fast food. Several notches below McDonald's.

I'm going to append my comment and put Carl's Jr. below JITB.

• Like 1

I think it's safe to say that people would be repulsed at horrified at 80% of all restaurants if they got an in-depth view behind the scenes.

Yep.

When I first started working I had a few jobs in food service. McDonald's, Denny's and Boston Market. These places would lose millions of dollars and possibly go out of business if customers saw how everything was really done. Especially at McDonald's. That was 20 years ago though, so McDs standards may have changed but I doubt it. They're probably worse now.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 3

"Listen punks! Jack's employees have been working their buns off to make the best burger, shakes, and fries around!"

I had the absolute worst fast food experience ever at a Jack In The Box. It was some years ago, and I can't believe they're still in business.

I'd like to hear about what happened. My husband has been getting me stuff from there lately on Saturday evening - Jumbo Jack and two tacos.

Speaking of appending comments, let me tell you about my Jumbo Jack on Saturday. :sarcastic:

It was awful. Whoever made it didn't even put ketchup on the thing. Nothing was on it. It was dry and tasteless.

The bun was the best part. :codger:

We're going back to Zipp's. It's a locally owned place.

And thanks for telling me about Carl's Jr. The pictures of what they have always look so good and I've been wanting to try the place. i won't bother now.

• Like 1

Wendy's,

I have not had it in years. But I stopped by a few weeks ago just to try it out. Thinking it had gotten better. That was a mistake. After a few bites of the burger I threw it out. Fu***** gross!!

• Like 2

Wendy's,

I have not had it in years. But I stopped by a few weeks ago just to try it out. Thinking it had gotten better. That was a mistake. After a few bites of the burger I threw it out. Fu***** gross!!

Really? I'm not a fan of burgers in general but generally Wendy's isn't too bad unless you get a poorly made one.

• Like 2

Speaking of appending comments, let me tell you about my Jumbo Jack on Saturday. :sarcastic:

It was awful. Whoever made it didn't even put ketchup on the thing. Nothing was on it. It was dry and tasteless.

The bun was the best part. :codger:

We're going back to Zipp's. It's a locally owned place.

And thanks for telling me about Carl's Jr. The pictures of what they have always look so good and I've been wanting to try the place. i won't bother now.

I usually found Carls Jr was acceptable. They're Hardee's franchises in the Midwest. I like 5 guys. My kid used to work there and gripe about cutting spuds into fries. Can't beat the concept of your fries starting out the day as a spud in a bag. Plus they dump enough fries in the bag that their regular sized fry is like an extra large from anywhere else.

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 1

Wendy's,

Really? I'm not a fan of burgers in general but generally Wendy's isn't too bad unless you get a poorly made one.

Obviously it depends on who is making the food. But I will not be going back.

Wendy's,

Sorry to hear that, but if you don't like it, you don't like it.

• Like 1

Wendy's,

Yeah,

I am going to stick with the local places. More expensive but a lot better.

• Like 1

Wendy's,

Yeah,

Nobody makes a good whale burger anymore. ;)

• Like 3

Wendy's,

Yeah,

You can always come to Barrow Alaska. :D

• Like 1

Wendy's,

I used to be a big fan of Wendy's, but something has changed in the flavor of their meat... it's like chronically underseasoned, almost flavorless. I feel like I get Wendy's and I'm just eating a topping burger with a protein patty.

Love their chicken sandwiches though, and the food almost always at least appears to be good quality compared to other chain joints: fresh toppings, hot off the grill meat, fresh fries, etc... I just wish they'd figure out the flavor problem with their beef.

And as far as meat flavor goes, Burger King is the best of the big three. If you don't mind greasy facilities, and a chance that it's been sitting around all day. A freshly made BK burger is the best fast food can offer.

Edited by KenJennings

Wendy's hamburgers are absolutely tasteless. They taste like they are soaked in water to get every bit of flavor out of them.

I got a Baconator from them a couple of months ago. Never again. Their fries are tasteless too.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 3

Wendy's,

I think it does depend on who makes the food. Obviously these places do not have any uniform way of doing things.

So if you get someone making your burger who doesn't like a lot of salt or ketchup, that;s what you'll get too - a dry and tasteless burger.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

Wendy's,

I think it does depend on who makes the food. Obviously these places do not have any uniform way of doing things.

So if you get someone making your burger who doesn't like a lot of salt or ketchup, that;s what you'll get too - a dry and tasteless burger.

I was just out doing some stuff and it was close by. Thats why I stopped there. I will just pay the extra money for some thing from local joints. They are fantastic!

Edited by troutman
  • Like 2

Love a good burger? If you're in Tahoe, go to Izzy's Burger Spa...

http://s3.amazonaws.com/foodspotting-ec2/reviews/2343897/thumb_600.jpg?1346714884

Edited by goose
  • Like 4

But even in the local place we have, it depends on who is cooking that night.

I love it when the guy that loves bacon makes my double bacon cheeseburger. He piles on the bacon! :)

Nice. I never think about who is cooking it. It is only one guy. A place just down the road. Killer burgers and fries.

• Like 1

Wendy's,

Yeah,

You can always come to Barrow Alaska. :D

Funnily enough actually know where that is. :)

• Like 1

Wendy's,

I used to be a big fan of Wendy's, but something has changed in the flavor of their meat... it's like chronically underseasoned, almost flavorless. I feel like I get Wendy's and I'm just eating a topping burger with a protein patty.

Love their chicken sandwiches though, and the food almost always at least appears to be good quality compared to other chain joints: fresh toppings, hot off the grill meat, fresh fries, etc... I just wish they'd figure out the flavor problem with their beef.

And as far as meat flavor goes, Burger King is the best of the big three. If you don't mind greasy facilities, and a chance that it's been sitting around all day. A freshly made BK burger is the best fast food can offer.

I almost always get a salad at Wendy's. Every once in a while I'll get the Baconator but that's it. I do love their Apple pecan chicken salad

• Like 2