Jump to content


What Fast Foods Restaurants Do You Dislike

Fast Food Restaurants

  • Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#21 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

    The God Of Balance

  • Members *
  • 7281 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 17 July 2016 - 09:54 PM

View Posttreeduck, on 17 July 2016 - 08:10 PM, said:

I don't like ANY fast food joints. They make their stuff from offal scraped off the floor of the abattoir. They don't like to waste anything. It's not a good idea to eat it, especially regularly.

We don't have those in this country and you'd be hard pressed to prove your statement.

There isn't really a fast food I don't like completely, but there are definitely some things that each place serves that I won't eat.

Sponsored Post

#22 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 89615 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 17 July 2016 - 10:00 PM

View PostFordgalaxy, on 17 July 2016 - 09:54 PM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 17 July 2016 - 08:10 PM, said:

I don't like ANY fast food joints. They make their stuff from offal scraped off the floor of the abattoir. They don't like to waste anything. It's not a good idea to eat it, especially regularly.

We don't have those in this country and you'd be hard pressed to prove your statement.

There isn't really a fast food I don't like completely, but there are definitely some things that each place serves that I won't eat.
Eat up then!

#23 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

    The God Of Balance

  • Members *
  • 7281 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 17 July 2016 - 10:12 PM

View Posttreeduck, on 17 July 2016 - 10:00 PM, said:

View PostFordgalaxy, on 17 July 2016 - 09:54 PM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 17 July 2016 - 08:10 PM, said:

I don't like ANY fast food joints. They make their stuff from offal scraped off the floor of the abattoir. They don't like to waste anything. It's not a good idea to eat it, especially regularly.

We don't have those in this country and you'd be hard pressed to prove your statement.

There isn't really a fast food I don't like completely, but there are definitely some things that each place serves that I won't eat.
Eat up then!

I rarely eat fast food because, like almost all restaurant food or anything that's processed ahead of time (think TV dinners, or other frozen meals in your grocer's freezer), it's not very good for you. My favorite burger at Jack-in-The-Box has more than 900 calories. Add fries and their version of a small drink, and you're well into the four digit calorie range. Maybe once a year I do that.

#24 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 89615 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 17 July 2016 - 10:14 PM

View PostFordgalaxy, on 17 July 2016 - 10:12 PM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 17 July 2016 - 10:00 PM, said:

View PostFordgalaxy, on 17 July 2016 - 09:54 PM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 17 July 2016 - 08:10 PM, said:

I don't like ANY fast food joints. They make their stuff from offal scraped off the floor of the abattoir. They don't like to waste anything. It's not a good idea to eat it, especially regularly.

We don't have those in this country and you'd be hard pressed to prove your statement.

There isn't really a fast food I don't like completely, but there are definitely some things that each place serves that I won't eat.
Eat up then!

I rarely eat fast food because, like almost all restaurant food or anything that's processed ahead of time (think TV dinners, or other frozen meals in your grocer's freezer), it's not very good for you. My favorite burger at Jack-in-The-Box has more than 900 calories. Add fries and their version of a small drink, and you're well into the four digit calorie range. Maybe once a year I do that.
Also there's always the chance that whoever made it took a dump moments before preparing it and didn't wash their hands. Or sneezed over it or dropped some of it and so on...

#25 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

    The God Of Balance

  • Members *
  • 7281 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 17 July 2016 - 10:16 PM

View Posttreeduck, on 17 July 2016 - 10:14 PM, said:

View PostFordgalaxy, on 17 July 2016 - 10:12 PM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 17 July 2016 - 10:00 PM, said:

View PostFordgalaxy, on 17 July 2016 - 09:54 PM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 17 July 2016 - 08:10 PM, said:

I don't like ANY fast food joints. They make their stuff from offal scraped off the floor of the abattoir. They don't like to waste anything. It's not a good idea to eat it, especially regularly.

We don't have those in this country and you'd be hard pressed to prove your statement.

There isn't really a fast food I don't like completely, but there are definitely some things that each place serves that I won't eat.
Eat up then!

I rarely eat fast food because, like almost all restaurant food or anything that's processed ahead of time (think TV dinners, or other frozen meals in your grocer's freezer), it's not very good for you. My favorite burger at Jack-in-The-Box has more than 900 calories. Add fries and their version of a small drink, and you're well into the four digit calorie range. Maybe once a year I do that.
Also there's always the chance that whoever made it took a dump moments before preparing it and didn't wash their hands. Or sneezed over it or dropped some of it and so on...

True enough, but also true for anywhere that prepares food out of sight of the customers.

#26 x1yyz

x1yyz

    The Shark Whisperer

  • Members
  • 8821 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Oakland, CA
  • Interests:Stuff. And things.

Posted 17 July 2016 - 11:14 PM

I don't like any fast food.  I eat at fast food "restaurants" max twice a year, and when I do it's either In-N-Out or Taco Bell.

#27 Permanent-Rush

Permanent-Rush

    The Dream Police

  • Members
  • 46967 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 17 July 2016 - 11:28 PM

View Postx1yyz, on 17 July 2016 - 11:14 PM, said:

I don't like any fast food.  I eat at fast food "restaurants" max twice a year, and when I do it's either In-N-Out or Taco Bell.

In-N-Out is great.

#28 Mr. Not

Mr. Not

    Spaceman Spiff

  • Members *
  • 102038 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Interests:Numbers & Codes!

Posted 18 July 2016 - 01:16 AM

In-N-Out is as overrated as a fast food can get. Loud n proud Californians - gotta love them...

Their animal fries are pretty good, though, that is once you acquire the taste...

Posted Image

Edited by Mr. Not, 18 July 2016 - 01:18 AM.


#29 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 32633 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 18 July 2016 - 02:09 AM

This thread should've been a poll with multiple vote options.

Anyway, I dislike Krystal's and almost everything on the menus of McDonald's & Burger King. Taco Bell and KFC seem like good ideas right before going there...BUT right after I'm done it feels like someone hit me in the gut with a sledgehammer. There are no Taco Bells in my city so I actually haven't had any in maybe a decade+. McD's and BK I probably hit up 2-3 times a year. No BK or McDs yet this year though. KFC I generally go to once a year...but I haven't gone since '14.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze, 18 July 2016 - 02:10 AM.


#30 liquidcrystalcompass

liquidcrystalcompass

    Ugly Betty is keeping me AWAKE!

  • Members *
  • 20096 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fort Worth, Texas
  • Interests:Family, Sports, Music, Reading, The Outdoors, Ted Nugent

Posted 18 July 2016 - 09:59 AM

Whataburger!

#31 Permanent-Rush

Permanent-Rush

    The Dream Police

  • Members
  • 46967 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 21 July 2016 - 02:16 AM

View Postliquidcrystalcompass, on 18 July 2016 - 09:59 AM, said:

Whataburger!

never heard of it.

#32 Permanent-Rush

Permanent-Rush

    The Dream Police

  • Members
  • 46967 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 21 July 2016 - 03:35 AM

I also do not like Chick Filay

Edited by Surrender74, 21 July 2016 - 03:35 AM.


#33 Fridge

Fridge

    The Freezable Fridgeâ„¢

  • Members *
  • 10559 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Aberdeenshire, Scotland
  • Interests:Being a covers band hack
    hillwalking
    Just about anything in the great outdoors

Posted 21 July 2016 - 04:06 AM

Haven't even heard of the majority of these franchises.......

#34 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 32633 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 21 July 2016 - 06:37 AM

View PostFridge, on 21 July 2016 - 04:06 AM, said:

Haven't even heard of the majority of these franchises.......
You're not missing much.

#35 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21930 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 21 July 2016 - 10:26 AM

Jack In The Box is crap. Their food is always dry as a bone and tastes like its been sitting under a heat lamp all day.

Burger King varies a lot from decent to crap depending on who's running the particular place.

Panda Express egg rolls are always burnt to a crisp.

#36 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 32633 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 21 July 2016 - 05:46 PM

View PostEagleMoon, on 21 July 2016 - 10:26 AM, said:

Jack In The Box is crap. Their food is always dry as a bone and tastes like its been sitting under a heat lamp all day.

Burger King varies a lot from decent to crap depending on who's running the particular place.

Panda Express egg rolls are always burnt to a crisp.
I like the way those sentences read out loud. :lol:

As for me, I had Jack in the Box ONCE and it WAS crap.

I agree about BK too. This one I used to go to had burgers that were all nice, pretty, and tasty + the place itself was always spic and span. Another one near my high school looked like they drop kicked their burgers before wrapping them up and serving them.

I haven't had Panda Express in probably twenty years. I can't even remember if I liked it or not.

#37 Permanent-Rush

Permanent-Rush

    The Dream Police

  • Members
  • 46967 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 21 July 2016 - 05:57 PM

View PostEagleMoon, on 21 July 2016 - 10:26 AM, said:

Jack In The Box is crap. Their food is always dry as a bone and tastes like its been sitting under a heat lamp all day.

Agreed

#38 x1yyz

x1yyz

    The Shark Whisperer

  • Members
  • 8821 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Oakland, CA
  • Interests:Stuff. And things.

Posted 21 July 2016 - 10:40 PM

View PostEagleMoon, on 21 July 2016 - 10:26 AM, said:

Jack In The Box is crap. Their food is always dry as a bone and tastes like its been sitting under a heat lamp all day.

Burger King varies a lot from decent to crap depending on who's running the particular place.

Panda Express egg rolls are always burnt to a crisp.

I think I've had JitB twice, the last time being probably 20 yrs ago.  I remember it being very greasy.  Nasty.

#39 liquidcrystalcompass

liquidcrystalcompass

    Ugly Betty is keeping me AWAKE!

  • Members *
  • 20096 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fort Worth, Texas
  • Interests:Family, Sports, Music, Reading, The Outdoors, Ted Nugent

Posted 22 July 2016 - 01:12 PM

View Postliquidcrystalcompass, on 18 July 2016 - 09:59 AM, said:

Whataburger!
Damn.  I thought this thread was about fast food that we do like.  I love Whataburger.  Had a double meat burger from there yesterday.

#40 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 46290 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 22 July 2016 - 01:19 PM

View Post1-0-0-1-0-0-1, on 17 July 2016 - 09:07 PM, said:

View PostMr. Not, on 17 July 2016 - 08:56 PM, said:

Anything that isn't Jack in the Box, I dislike

"Listen punks! Jack's employees have been working their buns off to make the best burger, shakes, and fries around!"

I had the absolute worst fast food experience ever at a Jack In The Box. It was some years ago, and I can't believe they're still in business.
I'd like to hear about what happened.  My husband has been getting me stuff from there lately on Saturday evening - Jumbo Jack and two tacos.

Edited by Lorraine, 22 July 2016 - 01:20 PM.






Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fast Food, Restaurants

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users