Fast Food Restaurants

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#141 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21930 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 19 August 2016 - 11:33 PM

View Postblueschica, on 19 August 2016 - 10:39 PM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 19 August 2016 - 09:46 PM, said:

View PostStormtron, on 19 August 2016 - 10:01 AM, said:

Out of all the fast food places I've been, I've never had a bad meal at Arby's, Chick fil-A, or Bojangles. The rest vary wildly based on location, but I've gotta say BK is the worst. I don't even try to go there anymore. And the new shit they come up with? The f***ing Whopperito?! No thanks.

I saw the commercial for that the other day and I was like, WTH?

I know, right?  They look so unappetizing.  I think it's the pickle stuck in the middle or something.  :)

We are getting a Five Guys burgers this fall in our town.  I've never been to one but my brother and sister in law rave about theirs so I guess we will check it out when it opens!

I don't think they're anything special. Hamburgers are bland.

Sponsored Post

#142 troutman

troutman

My views are fishy

• Members *
  • 44549 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 06:52 AM

View PostEagleMoon, on 19 August 2016 - 11:33 PM, said:

Out of all the fast food places I've been, I've never had a bad meal at Arby's, Chick fil-A, or Bojangles. The rest vary wildly based on location, but I've gotta say BK is the worst. I don't even try to go there anymore. And the new shit they come up with? The f***ing Whopperito?! No thanks.

I know, right?  They look so unappetizing.  I think it's the pickle stuck in the middle or something.  :)

We are getting a Five Guys burgers this fall in our town.  I've never been to one but my brother and sister in law rave about theirs so I guess we will check it out when it opens!

Not if you know how to make them. :D

#143 Digital Dad

Digital Dad

The Dad Abides

• Members
  • 10647 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 11:30 AM

I actually disagree. They have tasty options and the fries are great.

#144 blueschica

blueschica

What the Puck?

• Members
  • 8722 posts
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 20 August 2016 - 12:08 PM

View PostDigital Dad, on 20 August 2016 - 11:30 AM, said:

It will be interesting to check it out!  Our town always seems to get two of something at the same time.  2 new auto parts stores.  Lowe's and Home Depot at the same time. Applebee's and Chili's within 6 months.  2 Frozen yogurt places, each a block away from each other.(both still open, with lines all the time, which says something about our town!)  Now we are getting Five Guys and Chick Fil A , both in the same shopping center, this fall.   We actually go to a family pizza/sub shop the most.

Edited by blueschica, 20 August 2016 - 12:09 PM.

#145 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21930 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 20 August 2016 - 12:32 PM

Tasty options? Like what? I've been there several times with friends and nothing stood out to me as being particularly appealing.

#146 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21930 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 12:33 PM

View Posttroutman, on 20 August 2016 - 06:52 AM, said:

Not if you know how to make them. :D

Theirs.  Theirs.  :lol:

#147 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

The Ghost Rider

• Members *
  • 32633 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 12:37 PM

View Postblueschica, on 20 August 2016 - 12:08 PM, said:

It will be interesting to check it out!  Our town always seems to get two of something at the same time.  2 new auto parts stores.  Lowe's and Home Depot at the same time. Applebee's and Chili's within 6 months.  2 Frozen yogurt places, each a block away from each other.(both still open, with lines all the time, which says something about our town!)  Now we are getting Five Guys and Chick Fil A , both in the same shopping center, this fall.   We actually go to a family pizza/sub shop the most.
The family owned places are usually the best. My favorite pizza place in my hometown easily beats out the chains and even the often very good trendier places too. I ALWAYS drop by for some zza when I'm visiting family...actually the entire Blaze clan go together when I visit :blaze:

#148 pjbear05

pjbear05

Solar Federalist

• Members *
  • 2679 posts
  • Interests:Beer and music.

Posted 21 August 2016 - 11:18 AM

Hell, now I'm hungry again.  Guess I'll go to Anthony's Coal Fired and get a lunch pizza.

#149 HemiBeers

HemiBeers

The Professor

• Members
  • 4793 posts
  • Interests:playfully annoying on the verge of inappropriate.

Posted 21 August 2016 - 02:06 PM

just some advice, but order one fry for every 2 people. They fill the fry container and then dump another complete fry order in the bag. Good fries too...fresh cut that day, started out the day as potatoes. My kid used to work there and hated the grunt job of cutting spuds.

Something I learned from my kid, but five guys are religious about cleaning the entire restaurant at night...everything gets a complete scrub down.

Edited by HemiBeers, 21 August 2016 - 02:07 PM.

#150 blueschica

blueschica

What the Puck?

• Members
  • 8722 posts
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 21 August 2016 - 04:43 PM

View PostHemiBeers, on 21 August 2016 - 02:06 PM, said:

just some advice, but order one fry for every 2 people. They fill the fry container and then dump another complete fry order in the bag. Good fries too...fresh cut that day, started out the day as potatoes. My kid used to work there and hated the grunt job of cutting spuds.

Something I learned from my kid, but five guys are religious about cleaning the entire restaurant at night...everything gets a complete scrub down.

That's good to hear after those mystery illnesses at Chipotle last year!  I have a relative who manages a Sweetgreen restaurant.  It's like Panera Bread, but with mostly salads, in the California and DC areas.  They are fanatically clean also, at least in the 3 where she has managed and trained.

#151 Ancient Ways

Ancient Ways

That's Itâ„¢ Sig

• Members
  • 16026 posts
  • Interests:Hanging out with my kids, riding my bike, playing guitar.

Posted 25 August 2016 - 05:36 PM

I would say those bags have enough fries for 4 people.  I've never finished it with just 2.

#152 HemiBeers

HemiBeers

The Professor

• Members
  • 4793 posts
  • Interests:playfully annoying on the verge of inappropriate.

Posted 25 August 2016 - 06:02 PM

View PostAncient Ways, on 25 August 2016 - 05:36 PM, said:

I would say those bags have enough fries for 4 people.  I've never finished it with just 2.
When they're buying raw spuds and cutting their own, their costs must be must less.

#153 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 46290 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 06:14 PM

i can buy a 10 pound bag of russet potatoes for $2.49.  A medium fry in a fast food joint is almost or slightly more than $3.00 - depending on where you go.  You hardly get any fries  They must make quite a profit.

Edited by Lorraine, 25 August 2016 - 06:15 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fast Food, Restaurants

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users