OK I'll confess- Pokemon Go! I went there!

blueschica

OK, first I have to explain that I finally had to get a different phone than my 15 yr old phone because the 2G network in my area is going away. You know how thrifty (um, cheap) I am (or maybe you don't) so I bought a used Samsung Core something for cheap that I can still use as a phone and do the other stuff on wi-fi. So I have a phone that does games now.

After our young teen niece and nephew talked to us about it all last week, my husband and I decided to try Pokemon Go for laughs. You walk around outside and somehow the game along with your phone GPS makes monsters pop up and you throw balls at them on your screen and get points. We actually were in the Kohl's store parking lot and still on their wifi and 3 monsters popped up. We "caught" them and got points! Woo-hoo! Laughing hysterically and at the same time hoping we don't see anyone we know because we're looking at our phones like dweebs going "there's a weedle! Get it!" Living large in central PA !!! but I can see where it would be kind of fun if you had unlimited data and were going for a walk or something. :D :D :D

Edited by blueschica

Please bring on Football Season and Winter so people will stay inside
  • Like 1

And I'll be the 1st 1 to say it.

Which one of the TRF who are headed to Le Studio for the summer are now thinking....

WAIT...There might be a Pokemon where Neil used to sit???

Please bring on Football Season and Winter so people will stay inside

Noooooooo, summer is my happy place . . . . . .I don't mind the heat and humidity; I know, it's crazy . . . . .

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/catch-em-all.jpg

• Like 2

Not of interest to me, but holy shit has this exploded.

Every news cast has a story about it, every Conan or Fallon monologue has mentoned it. Police are putting out warnings...

Who will be first to mention catching a "poking man"... Trump or Hillary? :LOL:

I think either one should properly get booed if they do try it

Not of interest to me, but holy shit has this exploded.

Every news cast has a story about it, every Conan or Fallon monologue has mentoned it. Police are putting out warnings...

Who will be first to mention catching a "poking man"... Trump or Hillary? :LOL:

I think either one should properly get booed if they do try it

Fallon is working this summer?

What did he lose a bet or something? Pretty sure he was off 10 of the 13 weeks last summer

I think it's a plot by the phone companies to get people to run over on their data allowances and so they'll make more money.
  • Like 5

I think it's a plot by the phone companies to get people to run over on their data allowances and so they'll make more money.

A plot by municipalities to increase revenue by skyrocketing driving violations.
  • Like 2

A plot by municipalities to increase revenue by skyrocketing driving violations.

That too.

That too.

apparently it's a government surveillance conspiracy...

http://awarenessact.com/pokemon-go-linked-to-surveillance-psyop/

• Like 3

:LOL:

I was out watering the garden this morning and I hear kids walking thru the forest behind my house and this is what I heard...

"Ok, you can catch this one... throw it, throw it, throw the ball!!! NO!!!!!!!! You missed!!!!!!!!! It was a <blah blah blah> too!!!"

Edited by Lost In Xanadu
  • Like 1

You know, I thought that too.

• Like 2

2 Minnesota guys get into it and argue in the most Minn E Soda way while the 1 guy is chasing Pokemon.

Only in Minnesota is it a fight between 2 white guys where nothing happens

While in development, there was actually a couple of trial names for Pokémon Go: 'Black Hole of Data' and 'Wander Aimlessly Until Mugged'. Those didn't get enthusiastic support from Marketing.
  • Like 6

Pokemon Go is basically the same as senile elders that wander away from the group home. Except it's college kids and millennials with cell phones.

3:43 AM EST- A Vaporeon popped up in the middle of Central Park and this happened.

THIS is why people hate us

• Like 2

3:43 AM EST- A Vaporeon popped up in the middle of Central Park and this happened.

THIS is why people hate us

https://vimeo.com/174821377

Was stopping by here to post this.

I'm really glad I don't live in a densely populated city, but I myself have noticed at least twice as many people out and about while out on my routine exercise, recently.

• Like 1